Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diary 2 almost a go!

Undisclosed

Diary 2 almost a go!

Here's a couple links that are saying Diary 2 will almost assuredly be happening, & it sounds like it'll be pretty soon!

http://creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=3467

http://www.dreadcentral.com/node/27034

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I wasn't to fond of Diary. I'm not really hyped. But sure. Any zombiefilm is worth a chance, at least.

capncnut
    Diary was okay but I'm not super psyched for a sequel. To be honest.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Anything Gar does is worth watching.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    loved diary. should be left stand alone though.

ViP

United States
    Loved Diary, a cinematic sequel could be very cool. For some reason I really liked that Texas chic.

United States
    I really enjoyed Diary. I really wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of the story. Just as long as it's not called Diary of the Dead 2. Any form of numbers in a GAR movie title is just plain wrong.

Undisclosed
    It would work if the remaining characters are shot on film normally--not on handheld cameras. Then the 'texas chick' can come back dead to haunt the others. I hated that bitch...

United States
    Yeah well, maybe if it's better than Diary. But even if I know it's going to suck I would still go see it. First I would get my hopes up that maybe, just maybe, this one will be good. Then against all of my gut feelings to the contrary, I will go to the theater with high hopes. And then, like with the last 2 GAR movies, I will leave the theater unsatisfied and disappointed. Like I went to watch a hot two girl pole show, and instead got a one-legged midget stripper with a strong political bent.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As someone who liked, scratch that... LOVED Diary, I say Bring on Diary 2.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Choas View Post
    Anything Gar does is worth watching.
    At the risk of sounding fanboyish, I agree that Romero Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    loved diary. should be left stand alone though.
    Agree with Hellsing. I would rather have another GAR zombie film about a different character group than a pure sequel. Well, I know that DAY is considered a sequel of DOTD which is considered a sequel of NOLD, so if he is to produce a sequel in that vein, then I say go for it, however I do not like the idea of "Diary 2" Frankly, though I really enjoyed Diary, I do not really care for the characters enough to want a whole new movie based around them
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 13-May-2008 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    Well, I wasn't too crazy about Diary, so I'm not sure how I feel about a sequel. I agree that it would be great if they dropped the hand held daffyness for the sequel.

The only hand held, camera's eye view zombie film I'd like to see would involve the use of multiple clips from news, home movies, blogs and and the like to tell a complete and somewhat detached view of the fall of human civilization, oh and it would have actual production values So, close to Diary but without the whingey dialog, the occasional bouts of questionable acting and poor plot and script work

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Well, I wasn't too crazy about Diary, so I'm not sure how I feel about a sequel. I agree that it would be great if they dropped the hand held daffyness for the sequel.

The only hand held, camera's eye view zombie film I'd like to see would involve the use of multiple clips from news, home movies, blogs and and the like to tell a complete and somewhat detached view of the fall of human civilization, oh and it would have actual production values So, close to Diary but without the whingey dialog, the occasional bouts of questionable acting and poor plot and script work
    I agree. Diary was a bad movie with plot holes you could drive planet Earth through. I like the news idea. That would be cool. A guy that drives the news van, the camera man, and the hot news babe on the road reporting it all. That could be fun to watch. I don't think GAR could do worse.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yeah well, maybe if it's better than Diary. But even if I know it's going to suck I would still go see it. First I would get my hopes up that maybe, just maybe, this one will be good. Then against all of my gut feelings to the contrary, I will go to the theater with high hopes. And then, like with the last 2 GAR movies, I will leave the theater unsatisfied and disappointed. Like I went to watch a hot two girl pole show, and instead got a one-legged midget stripper with a strong political bent.
    I'm laughing so hard right now at how funny this is.

And now I'm crying because it's so true.

And now I'm wondering what movie DJFunkmaster saw that I missed. Is Diary a film that only a filmmaker can love?

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I'd rather the sequel to Diary than his original idea of making a direct sequel to Land.