Thread: Diary commentary and George's new flame

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Diary commentary and George's new flame

Anyone else notice on the Diary commentary Romero mentions his girlfriend Suzanne and something about her doing some of the voiceovers.

I'd heard rumors on the 'net that he and his wife Christine were separated, but I thought they were still married. Maybe they're still together and he just has a lady on the side.

I met Christine at the Zombie Jamboree/NOTLD 25th Anniversary and she was way cool.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Outside of Dawn, I have never been able to watch a film w/commentary without being bored to absolute tears. Diary was no exception...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

United States
    I said it before, but I kind of find it sad that George and Christine are separated! None of my business, of course, just find it sad.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I said it before, but I kind of find it sad that George and Christine are separated! None of my business, of course, just find it sad.
    I agree, it is sad.

What is strange, however, is that he and Christine are both listed as Executive Producers for "George Romero's Deadtime Stories." At least that's what's listed on IMDB and was reported in the Pittsburgh paper.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07331/836940-42.stm

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernor View Post
    Maybe they're still together and he just has a lady on the side.
    Well, that would be very European of 'ol George

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Well, that would be very European of 'ol George
    Ha! I was thinking the same thing. It's worked for every French president.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Hoosier View Post
    Outside of Dawn, I have never been able to watch a film w/commentary without being bored to absolute tears. Diary was no exception...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    I clean Guns while listening to the commentary...find a hobby and do that during the commentary

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I clean Guns while listening to the commentary...find a hobby and do that during the commentary

I'd just sooner turn the commentary off or I might be tempted to use one of the pistols on myself.

United States
    I occasionally pop a DVD into my desktop while at my desk at work and have listened to the commentary while doing my daily work routine. Like listening to music in the backgound or talk radio while filling out mundane paperwork, it helps pass the time.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    I love audio commentaries. Its like watching the movie with the people. Its great. I love DVD period. Thank God for DVD. Half of what I know about film making came from Commentaries, Featurettes, Documentaries, etc. Thank God VHS is obsolete. lol

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    I'd just sooner turn the commentary off or I might be tempted to use one of the pistols on myself.

Undisclosed
    They did seem to be much more juvenile in their discussion of the film...as if it was a big joke or something. It made me feel bad that so many people care for a specific genre and one of the men behind it feels the way he does. Just my opinion of what I gathered from watching the flick with the commentaries turned on.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    +1

I have listened to some boring commentaries, like Roger Avary's commentary for Day of the Dead, man, what a snooze fest. However, as a filmmaker I like to do commentary on the film. However, in the only commentary I have done so far, I spent more time talking about how to do things on a low budget, then the film itself.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*