Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's an idea to please the masses:

United States

Here's an idea to please the masses:

Since it seems everyone hates any new zombie movies (by Romero or not) and hates the new stuff he does, but praises Dawn of the Dead as the bestest horror film of all time...what would you think of this:

A frame by frame remake of Dawn of the Dead with modern effects, hair styles, etc. Actors would have to be rough equivilants to the originals, no big stars and such. No plot changes, no dialouge altered, everything the same but as seen with current effects and such?

I know its a totally wild and off the cuff idea, never be done, but would you go see it? Just curious.

Undisclosed
    ummm... yes. and it has been done b4. ever see the psycho remake? lol

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I'd still hate it...haha

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    As ridiculous of an idea as I think it'd be, it seems that's what people want.

It would never happen though.

Super Moderator

United States
    Well, as someone who does enjoy some of the modern zombie films (Land, DotD 04, Severed, the first Resident Evil film etc.), I'd have to say I'd definitely check the movie out and quite possibly enjoy it. I think, however, that I'd prefer a slightly expanded film that would clean up a few issues and questions, as opposed to a shot for shot.

But I'd rather see George revisit Day before Dawn, anyway.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Everyone hates modern zombie films? Why didn't anyone make me aware of this?!?!?

England
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Since it seems everyone hates any new zombie movies (by Romero or not) and hates the new stuff he does, but praises Dawn of the Dead as the bestest horror film of all time...what would you think of this:

A frame by frame remake of Dawn of the Dead with modern effects, hair styles, etc. Actors would have to be rough equivilants to the originals, no big stars and such. No plot changes, no dialouge altered, everything the same but as seen with current effects and such?

I know its a totally wild and off the cuff idea, never be done, but would you go see it? Just curious.

I'd watch it. To be honest with ya, when I heard they were making "Dawn 04" this is what I was hoping for.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland
    ill watch any zombie movie once... my panties arent jammed up my butt so much that i wont give one horrible movie a try. this one would be interestin

Chasing Prey

Canada
    if they told romero "hey remake dawn,but modern,and just like your original script" we'd have a HUGE movie on our hands.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    if they told romero "hey remake dawn,but modern,and just like your original script" we'd have a HUGE movie on our hands.
    Yeah, brother. If and only if.

Instead they would have some puto like Snyder do it, and then it would be full of all kinds of B.S. cloaked as respectful homages. And a lot of B.S. emo music too.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Yeah, brother. If and only if.

Instead they would have some puto like Snyder do it, and then it would be full of all kinds of B.S. cloaked as respectful homages. And a lot of B.S. emo music too.
    I thought D04 was a decent movie, if they had called it something else it would have been better. Its like remaking Star Wars, sounds nice but it will never be the same...just look at episodes 1-3. I think the remake craze is a mistake...I have yet to see one that is better than the original. Some are good movies but there is no need to remake classic films...it like colorizing them...big mistake!!

capncnut
    No offence but how the f**k does this please the masses? No one want's it remade, end of.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    No offence but how the f**k does this please the masses? No one want's it remade, end of.
    I would have to agree. They already tried once with lackluster results(to say the least) so why would they do it again? It's bad enough Rubinstein is trying to make a direct sequel....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I thought D04 was a decent movie, if they had called it something else it would have been better. Its like remaking Star Wars, sounds nice but it will never be the same...just look at episodes 1-3. I think the remake craze is a mistake...I have yet to see one that is better than the original. Some are good movies but there is no need to remake classic films...it like colorizing them...big mistake!!
    Skip, I agree that there was much good in D04. Like you mentioned, I think what killed the film for me was that it was trying to step into the footprint left by DOTD78 - in my mind an impossible feat that should not have been attempted. Of course, there were other issues I had with the film, but

I agree that the remake craze should be put to rest.

Stop screwing with the classics, say I , and pull an original idea out of the hat and make a new film.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I'd watch it. To be honest with ya, when I heard they were making "Dawn 04" this is what I was hoping for.
    I was hoping for that, too. Only difference would be, I'd want the things that were in the original script put back into the new movie (such as the petshop dog getting eaten, the straggler zombie making it up to their hideout before they went out, etc.).