Thread: dear god how sad is this...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

dear god how sad is this...

a woman collapsed and died in a hospital waiting room in new york. sad part is she lay there for over an hour ignored by the hospital staff.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/01/wai...rss_topstories
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This does not surprise me one bit. I've noticed in my hospital visits that a decent portion of the staff just seems like they have completely lack of regard for a humans well-being and they're there solely to make money, not help people (as well as make money).

Chasing Prey

Canada
    theres a hospital back home (martin luther king general hospital) that is known for that so much they call it "killer king"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    theres a hospital back home (martin luther king general hospital) that is known for that so much they call it "killer king"
    Yeah, that one was so bad they nearly had to shut it down TO SAVE LIVES!

I agree with scipio, that is a terrible story. Having used to work with one of the major hospitals in Los Angeles, I have to agree that many of the staff come off as if they do not care. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that many of the workers are unionized and as such are pretty much impossible to discipline or fire, so management has a rough time. And also, a lot of it has to do with the fact that many of them really do not care at all.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Yeah, that one was so bad they nearly had to shut it down TO SAVE LIVES!

I agree with scipio, that is a terrible story. Having used to work with one of the major hospitals in Los Angeles, I have to agree that many of the staff come off as if they do not care. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that many of the workers are unionized and as such are pretty much impossible to discipline or fire, so management has a rough time. And also, a lot of it has to do with the fact that many of them really do not care at all.
    centinela was a bad one also. the doctor who delivered me decided to say i was born on the 17th instead of the 18th, but i wasnt born til well past midnight. my mom raised hell and voila, the 18th is what it was supposed to be was printed on the birth certificate

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    nurses man, most of them can rot in the hell of being cut to pieces (the chinese have a lot of hells) anyway, i have always had a bit of a problem with this particular profession having been a rather sickly child/teenager.

a nurse is one of the few people i have ever punched in the face. i was 14 and man did she ever have it coming.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Hey!!! My moms a nurse. A really good one.

Then again. .

My mother-in-law is a nurse as well.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Christmas Island
    They don't care. They'd rather keep a person sick or make them sicker as it generates more revenue for the "healthcare" racket. If someone dies due to neglect or malpractice, it's just more trash for the landfill. Not much is done. And the nursing homes, Jesus H. Christ, don't get me started. SNFs are run by retards. You think RNs are dumb, it gets worse with CNAs.

Mother****ers should be treated as murderers.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    They don't care. They'd rather keep a person sick or make them sicker as it generates more revenue for the "healthcare" racket. If someone dies due to neglect or malpractice, it's just more trash for the landfill. Not much is done. And the nursing homes, Jesus H. Christ, don't get me started. SNFs are run by retards. You think RNs are dumb, it gets worse with CNAs.

Mother****ers should be treated as murderers.
    try going to get ur blood drawn by the red cross. those idiots missed a HUGE vein the size of new york in my arm FIVE times. i ended up getting up and leaving after yanking the needle out of my arm. thats the very reason i dont give blood anymore and those are the people making $68,000 a year

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    try going to get ur blood drawn by the red cross. those idiots missed a HUGE vein the size of new york in my arm FIVE times. i ended up getting up and leaving after yanking the needle out of my arm. thats the very reason i dont give blood anymore and those are the people making $68,000 a year
    That reminds me of a funny story about my girlfriend. A few months back she was put in the hospital because she has some rare blood disease called ITP. It's when the Platelette count in the blood is very low, so if she were to get cut/hurt/etc, she could very well bleed to death. Not to mention that she's also pregnant.

Well....one night they had ordered a couple packs of her blood type from the Red Cross. We waited and waited and waited. Her medicines couldn't be given to her until she received the blood transfusion. All the nurses and doctors would say to us is, "Someone from the red cross is supposed to be on the way with the blood".

This went on for 36 hours until the doctor walked in and I noticed he had kind of a nervous look about him. He tells us that the Red Cross informed him that they had LOST THE PACKAGES OF BLOOD and had no idea where they might be. Not only did they lose the blood that my girlfriend and child needed, they lost it very early on and failed to tell us. What kind of sh*t is that??

Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. Luckily they got her all fixed up without the packages of blood, though. And the baby is due in a couple weeks!

United States
    I was thinking that you had already had your kid for some reason Bass. . . weird.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. Luckily they got her all fixed up without the packages of blood, though. And the baby is due in a couple weeks!
    That's efficiency at it's finest bassman...and I didn't know you had one on the way, congrats to that. Good to know there will be another knowledgable Ghostbusters fan in the world.

United Kingdom
    And the baby is due in a couple weeks!
    Eeh, I had no idea you were pregnant, congratulations! You'll probably be up to your eyeballs in poop and milky-vomit after it's born, but still, post pictures if you get a chance
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    That reminds me of a funny story about my girlfriend. A few months back she was put in the hospital because she has some rare blood disease called ITP. It's when the Platelette count in the blood is very low, so if she were to get cut/hurt/etc, she could very well bleed to death. Not to mention that she's also pregnant.

Well....one night they had ordered a couple packs of her blood type from the Red Cross. We waited and waited and waited. Her medicines couldn't be given to her until she received the blood transfusion. All the nurses and doctors would say to us is, "Someone from the red cross is supposed to be on the way with the blood".

This went on for 36 hours until the doctor walked in and I noticed he had kind of a nervous look about him. He tells us that the Red Cross informed him that they had LOST THE PACKAGES OF BLOOD and had no idea where they might be. Not only did they lose the blood that my girlfriend and child needed, they lost it very early on and failed to tell us. What kind of sh*t is that??

well,now we know who NOT to take with us in case of a zombie outbreak. he'd be seeding the entire region during and after the outbreak was past us.