Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Astronaut Confirms Aliens have Visited Earth

Super Moderator

Germany

Astronaut Confirms Aliens have Visited Earth

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2453...astronaut.html

Aliens exist, but NASA covers them up says astronaut

A former NASA astronaut who has walked on the moon has said aliens are not only real but have visited Earth several times.

By Ben Farmer
    Last Updated: 4:45PM BST 24 Jul 2008

Dr Edgar Mitchell, said he was aware of several UFO visits during his career, but each one had been covered up.

The 77-year-old, who was a crew member of the Apollo 14 mission, said sources at the space agency had described aliens as resembling "little people who look strange to us".

Dr Mitchell told Kerrang! Radio that human technology was "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and had they been hostile, he warned: "We would be been gone by now".

He said: "There's not much question at all that there's life throughout the universe, we are not alone at all. I'm most assured about that.

"Have we been able to identify where the other planets are? No, certainly not in our Solar System but we have been able to identify quite a number of planets that could be life bearing planets.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes – we have been visited.
    "Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Dr Mitchell, along with Apollo 14 Commander Alan Shepard, still holds the record for the longest ever moonwalking session at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

Officials from NASA, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

"Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue."
    Well he seems to be a credible witness, but such claims do need proof before acceptance. I think I shall leave it in the realm of plausible but unlikely.

I guess he figures he is so old he can say what he wants on the issue even if what he is telling is indeed classified.

United States
    Very interesting. . . . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

capncnut
    Yeah, it is interesting because Dr Mitchell doesn't seem like a whacko and has a very respectable background.

Dr. Mitchell told Kerrang! Radio that human technology was "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and had they been hostile, he warned: "We would be been gone by now".
    I remember reading an article by some Colonel in the military who was riding in the back of the truck with the surviving alien at Roswell. The man said that the alien communicated to him in English via telepathy and said that they had "means to jump back to their world and prevent the crash but it would've meant the destruction of New Mexico and a number of surrounding regions". I can't remember his name but the military guy later relived the story on a television show and was also of a respectable background with an impressive military history.

For some reason, the quote above just reminded of that.

But yeah, the whole thing might fall into the 'realm of plausible but unlikely' but there's no denying that something does sound a bit authentic about it. The word from NASA is not very convincing IMO.

Undisclosed
    I remember a story one of my fathers friends told me about a camping trip he took with one the the Apollo astronauts. He claimed that while in space the capsule was being watched. he said there was something else there observing them and he witnessed the craft from time to time. This story was relayed to me more than a decade ago, before the x-files hype. I am not sure whether this was the gentleman my fathers friend knew, but I think I might ask Dad about it again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    edgar mitchell is indeed a reliable, sane source.

if these alien visitors were not hostile i don't really see the need for a cover up UNLESS the aliens themselves felt that humanity as a whole were not ready for such a revelation, which is a very plausible scenario.

United States
    Probably waiting till we stop killing the **** out of each other. . . so. . It'll be another few thousand years.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    E.T. phone home.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Maybe Chris Carter set him up to this.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I am so far away from giving this a second of my belief

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    edgar mitchell is indeed a reliable, sane source.

if these alien visitors were not hostile i don't really see the need for a cover up UNLESS the aliens themselves felt that humanity as a whole were not ready for such a revelation, which is a very plausible scenario.
    Think about what it would do to religion if aliens landed and said "You are not alone in the universe." So many parts of society would fall apart based on their religious beliefs being destroyed that if aliens have/had come to earth I would find it entirely easy to belive that it would be covered up.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I am so far away from giving this a second of my belief
    So given the black and white nature of his comment, he must be lying, mad, or telling the truth... Do you recon he's lying or mad then?

He does sound a bit fruity though

Mitchell's interests include consciousness and paranormal phenomena. During the Apollo 14 flight he conducted private ESP experiments with his friends on Earth.[3] In early 1973, he founded the nonprofit Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) to conduct and sponsor research into areas that mainstream science has found unproductive, including consciousness research and psychic events.

Mitchell says that a teenage remote healer who lives in Vancouver and uses the pseudonym Adam Dreamhealer, helped him heal of kidney cancer at a distance. Mitchell said that while he never had a biopsy (the definitive test for cancer), "I had a sonogram and MRI that was consistent with renal carcinoma." Adam worked (distantly) on Mitchell from December of 2003 until June of 2004, when the "irregularity was gone and we haven't seen it since".[4]

Mitchell has publicly expressed his opinions that he is "90 per cent sure that many of the thousands of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, recorded since the 1940s, belong to visitors from other planets"[5] and that UFOs have been the "subject of disinformation in order to deflect attention and to create confusion so the truth doesn't come out".[6] In 2004 he told the St. Petersburg Times that a "cabal of insiders" inside the US Government were studying recovered alien bodies, and that this group had stopped briefing US Presidents after John F. Kennedy.[7] He has said, that "We all know that UFOs are real, now the question is, where they come from".[8]

On July 23, 2008 Edgar Mitchell was interviewed on Kerrang Radio by Nick Margerrison. Mitchell claimed the Roswell crash was real and that aliens have contacted humans several times but that governments have hidden the truth for 60 years stating, "I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomenon is real". In reply, a spokesman for NASA stated, "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe. Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue".[9][10]

Edgar Mitchell is one of the astronauts featured in the documentary In the Shadow of the Moon.

Mitchell has written several articles and essays[11], as well as two books: Psychic Exploration: A Challenge for Science (ISBN 0-399-11342-8) and The Way of the Explorer (ISBN 1-57270-019-X). In The Way of the Explorer, Mitchell proposed a dyadic model of reality.[12]

He is currently the Advisory Board Chairman of the Institute for Cooperation in Space, co-founded by Dr. Carol Rosin[13] and is a member of INREES.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So given the black and white nature of his comment, he must be lying, mad, or telling the truth... Do you recon he's lying or mad then?

He does sound a bit fruity though

Mitchell's interests include consciousness and paranormal phenomena. During the Apollo 14 flight he conducted private ESP experiments with his friends on Earth.[3] In early 1973, he founded the nonprofit Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) to conduct and sponsor research into areas that mainstream science has found unproductive, including consciousness research and psychic events.

Mitchell says that a teenage remote healer who lives in Vancouver and uses the pseudonym Adam Dreamhealer, helped him heal of kidney cancer at a distance. Mitchell said that while he never had a biopsy (the definitive test for cancer), "I had a sonogram and MRI that was consistent with renal carcinoma." Adam worked (distantly) on Mitchell from December of 2003 until June of 2004, when the "irregularity was gone and we haven't seen it since".[4]

Mitchell has publicly expressed his opinions that he is "90 per cent sure that many of the thousands of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, recorded since the 1940s, belong to visitors from other planets"[5] and that UFOs have been the "subject of disinformation in order to deflect attention and to create confusion so the truth doesn't come out".[6] In 2004 he told the St. Petersburg Times that a "cabal of insiders" inside the US Government were studying recovered alien bodies, and that this group had stopped briefing US Presidents after John F. Kennedy.[7] He has said, that "We all know that UFOs are real, now the question is, where they come from".[8]

On July 23, 2008 Edgar Mitchell was interviewed on Kerrang Radio by Nick Margerrison. Mitchell claimed the Roswell crash was real and that aliens have contacted humans several times but that governments have hidden the truth for 60 years stating, "I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomenon is real". In reply, a spokesman for NASA stated, "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe. Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue".[9][10]

Edgar Mitchell is one of the astronauts featured in the documentary In the Shadow of the Moon.

Mitchell has written several articles and essays[11], as well as two books: Psychic Exploration: A Challenge for Science (ISBN 0-399-11342-8) and The Way of the Explorer (ISBN 1-57270-019-X). In The Way of the Explorer, Mitchell proposed a dyadic model of reality.[12]

He is currently the Advisory Board Chairman of the Institute for Cooperation in Space, co-founded by Dr. Carol Rosin[13] and is a member of INREES.

I'd go for the "I have no idea either way" answer. Truth is, we don't know the truth, and as humans probably have no capacity for understanding the truth...that's my belief system and until a little green man appears telling me these things, I prefer not to entertain ideas or theories or experiences conveyed by the human species, because I don't trust 'em, anymore than I trust my own theories on life on other planets...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    HE TOLD KERRANG RADIO THIS....

I mean PURRELLEASSEEE

Administrator

England
    HE TOLD KERRANG RADIO THIS....

I mean PURRELLEASSEEE
    Caps-Lock problems?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    I'd go for the "I have no idea either way" answer. Truth is, we don't know the truth, and as humans probably have no capacity for understanding the truth...that's my belief system and until a little green man appears telling me these things, I prefer not to entertain ideas or theories or experiences conveyed by the human species, because I don't trust 'em, anymore than I trust my own theories on life on other planets...
    Midgets in green make-up coming right up!