Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombieland - A film with Woody Harrelson

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Cool!

I'm off to see it on Sunday, and I canny wait!
    This is not a Sunday matinee flick MZ. It is a Saturday or Friday screening with a lively crowd and friends coupled with a good buzz.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You keep saying this, but I think it kinda discredits the movie. I've seen it twice now, once opening night and once in a matinee, and thoroughly enjoyed the film both times.

I can understand what you mean about there being more of a reaction and "community" in the larger screenings, but the film holds just fine by itself in the small ones...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    This is not a Sunday matinee flick MZ. It is a Saturday or Friday screening with a lively crowd and friends coupled with a good buzz.
    I will be seeing it with friends.

Not sure what time on Sunday yet, but hell, we saw Drag Me To Hell in the afternoon and there were quite a lot of people there who were all the hell up in that bitch, loving it.

Will report back as-and-when, naturally.

United Kingdom
    I'm taking the missus for a Chinese and a pint on Saturday night, then we're off to watch the late showing of this, I can't wait. My missus, however, is more looking forward to the Chinese. She's not a fan of Zombie flicks, although she sat most of the way through Dead Snow last night and it looked like she enjoyed parts of it, so you never know.
    Kill 'em All

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    You keep saying this, but I think it kinda discredits the movie. I've seen it twice now, once opening night and once in a matinee, and thoroughly enjoyed the film both times.

I can understand what you mean about there being more of a reaction and "community" in the larger screenings, but the film holds just fine by itself in the small ones...

This is a party atmosphere type film. Can easily be made into a frat style drinking game, and it is better enjoyed with a crowd.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    This is a party atmosphere type film. Can easily be made into a frat style drinking game, and it is better enjoyed with a crowd.
    Nah, I agree with Bassman on this one. I would have enjoyed the film just as much if I had seen it all by my lonesome. I think that's more of a personality thing there DJ.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Nah, I agree with Bassman on this one. I would have enjoyed the film just as much if I had seen it all by my lonesome. I think that's more of a personality thing there DJ.
    Maybe... I do like a party crowd.

Caught it again tonight with a friend who hadn't see it. She loved it and we laughed our asses off. Raising my rating to an official and final 8.0
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    I can see where if you go with some like-minded friends or there is a crowd, it may maximize your enjoyment of the film.

I went to a afternoon showing on opening day. Sx other people in the the theater with me. Whilst i was the only one laughing out loud, I still enjoyed it immensely. Granted, I did sneak in a small bottle of Absolut and mixed it with Sprite, but the film resonates on so many levels that one need not a crowd or booze to enjoy it!
    I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful and rich an expression of life as growth~
    Henry Miller

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    My wife enjoyed it, though not as much as Shaun of the Dead. And I'm pretty sure there will be a Zombieland 2. According to the producers, they have enough material mapped out for something like 10+ movies since it was originally laid out as an hour long TV series.

Of course, the Wachowski brothers claimed the matrix was a trilogy! Yeah right!.

The big questions is how will it do this week. I don't know if Couples Retreat has any teeth so it might stay in the top 3 or 4 which is great. If it pulls another $10million US I'd expect to hear ZL2 was green lit sometime next week

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I cannot see this film losing the #1 spot this weekend. I predict it to stay at #1 this weekend. Word of mouth has been strong and I think Zombieland has legs.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Off to see it on Sunday, should be roping in my zombie-movie-fan-buddy Knox (Zombie Man) to check it out, he's equally excited about it. So it should be a bigger than normal group we're going to see it in, should hopefully get Ben (BenZee) to come along too.

Canada
    Checked it out last Friday with friends, theatre 3/4 full. Loved it. Taking my sons on Saturday afternoon, fully expecting a good time.

United States
    I cannot see this film losing the #1 spot this weekend. I predict it to stay at #1 this weekend. Word of mouth has been strong and I think Zombieland has legs.
    I dunno...that Vince Vaughn flick "Couples Retreat" comes out, a lot of people might flock to that (although the advance reviews coming out are TERRIBLE for it...)

Super Moderator

United States
    I've been wondering, when all is said and done, if--in general mind you--the folks in the UK will like this film as much as we did on this side of the pond...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I've been wondering, when all is said and done, if--in general mind you--the folks in the UK will like this film as much as we did on this side of the pond...
    I hope they will, but right now my hope is that Zombieland dethrones the DAWN remake as the #1 top grossing zombie movie on Box Office Mojo.

Slight pause...

Shock and Awe right, I bet MZ is trying to lift his jaw off the carpet.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the DAWN remake, but... Zombieland is much more deserving of that position than the DAWN remake.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!