Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inventiveand priority wepons and tatics in outbreak sit.

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland

inventiveand priority wepons and tatics in outbreak sit.

ok so i was watching the making of doomsday and i noticed alot of invented weapons for the scavenger people. saw blades made into an axe nail bat and arm mounted chainsaw. i wanted to see what you all could come up with as an inventive weapon pertaining to an outbreak situation. there is no certain amount of time with which the outbreak occurred just thats its here and you have to use what you can at your diposal. also i wanted to include what weapons you that would be priority for you in an outbreak situation aside the inventive type. finally what tatics would you use in an outbreak situation. dont just say HEY ILL USE A LOBO LIKE IN SURVIVAL GUIDE!!! NOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOO be creative think use your brain.
    IM HERE TO INFECT TRUTH. I HAVE MY WAYS BUT NONE AGAINST YOUR WILL. BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ITS TIME FOR CHANGE. WWW.MYSPACE.COM/UNDEADMATTHEW.

INFECT THE TRUTH!

Undisclosed
    Ok lets see, I have to my disposal plenty of knives, a couple of crow bars and hammers, ha hair spray good for blow torchs, but they dont last long, not that I have tried to do it, or just use my 4x4 as a battering ram, but I would like to have at least and M16 or and RPG or a magnum you make situation easier on me. If I come up with something else I will get back to you. Hard day at work you know creativity a little slow right now, Ha, ha, ha.......

United States
    You don't have to "create" anything. The enemy is simple: a bashed head kills them.

So you use anything that can be slammed into the head, from hammers to baseball bats to tire irons to tree branches. You don't have to have a bunch of gimmicks; that's just for show.

Aaland
    no the point of a tool is to make that certain type of work easier. if someone invented a tool that would decapitate or puncture head better im all for it. such as in a pinch weapon... a knife of any type preferably a bucther knife some duct tape and a home made walking stick more than 5 feet tall. mark on stick where you want to put knife... hold knife in one hand... wrap duct tape around handle of knife... then tape on to stick... instant spear ha. THATS WHAT I WAS TALKIN ABOUT!!! something quick and simple and partially if not fully effective. dang you all have no imagination.
    IM HERE TO INFECT TRUTH. I HAVE MY WAYS BUT NONE AGAINST YOUR WILL. BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ITS TIME FOR CHANGE. WWW.MYSPACE.COM/UNDEADMATTHEW.

INFECT THE TRUTH!

Undisclosed
    Its hard to beat what weapons masters have created over the last few centuries. I don't think I am capable of out thinking experts in this area. A sword, ax, mace, flail...these are hard to beat in a pinch and if you have all of these lying around your home why change them. I understand your point and in a post apocalyptic world, not overrun my the dead, things would be different. I can see how creating a spear from a knife and a stick could be useful but using duct tape to do it would not give the item longevity. I own a Bow, sword, axe, mace, and a ****load of guns, so devising something that would work better is a difficult prospect.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    A sword, ax, mace, flail...these are hard to beat in a pinch and if you have all of these lying around your home why change them.
    Because most will break readily with a fair ammount of use, especially those of the crap replica variety.

Now, onto the question at hand. Does wrapping duct on the handle of my lead pipe count as inventing a new weapon?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Now, onto the question at hand. Does wrapping duct on the handle of my lead pipe count as inventing a new weapon?
    It depends on what color the tape is.

Undisclosed
    You can make a homemade mace with a broomstick, black electrical tape, and ballbearings.

1. Cut a third of the broomstick off.

2. Tape a tight layer over one end.

3. Tape four ballbearings in perfect circumfrence over taped end, repeat process until you have about five or six rows.

4. Reinforce the taped ballbearings with at least three additional wrapped layers.

5. Tape one or two layers on the other end for grip.

And there you go, a home made mace. I suspect it could quite easily bash a person's head in.

United States
    I get what shadow is saying. Like that shotgun-shell firing hammer in Phantasm, remember that?

As a kid, as soon as I saw that scene in phantasm, I seriously considered rigging up my own shotgun hammer. Now that I think about it, it was a good thing that I didn't actually try this.

Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post
    You can make a homemade mace with a broomstick, black electrical tape, and ballbearings.

1. Cut a third of the broomstick off.

2. Tape a tight layer over one end.

3. Tape four ballbearings in perfect circumfrence over taped end, repeat process until you have about five or six rows.

4. Reinforce the taped ballbearings with at least three additional wrapped layers.

5. Tape one or two layers on the other end for grip.

And there you go, a home made mace. I suspect it could quite easily bash a person's head in.
    Dude, wouldn't a broomstick snap under that sort of pressure, though? Oh well, certainly safer than the shotgun hammer.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 25-Sep-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Norway
    One thing I think would be re invented is the lead weight on the end of an skistaff. Cross country ski staffs are bendy but not very much and would give a person the oppurtonity to crush a zombies skull withouth having to put much strength into it. A lead weight on the end of a rope could also be usefull but would need more pratctice to become proficent in.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Dude, wouldn't a broomstick snap under that sort of pressure, though? Oh well, certainly safer than the shotgun hammer.
    Newer broomsticks, certainly. Those piece of crap plastics are worthless. I'm talking about the old school, thick as anything wooden broomsticks.

Oh yeah, another simple homemade weapon can be done with a five to ten pound bench press weight about a ten foot rope tied through the loop. Swing if over your head, and you've got a very good weapon.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I get what shadow is saying. Like that shotgun-shell firing hammer in Phantasm, remember that?

As a kid, as soon as I saw that scene in phantasm, I seriously considered rigging up my own shotgun hammer. Now that I think about it, it was a good thing that I didn't actually try this.

I remember that scene very well.

Personally I think in a pinch your standard weapons/tools are going to be your best friend. That said I try to think logically and as we have progressed as a race we try to find new and improved ways to kill our opponents while not having to see them or be in harms way ourselves.

Like how air superiority can win a war, or how the crossbow changed the face of the battlefield back in the day.

For me I would want to rig up two snow rakes. You know the long poles you use to scrape snow off your roof (I live in New York winters can be murder) by either welding additional metal to reinforce them and likely give them rounded ends. Spikes through them facing out would be a plus. Would have to test them though to see if it slowed you down too much.

I would then have two buddies one on either side of me with these make shift zombie "catchers" and they could effectively keep targets at bay while me and another guy dispatched them with make shift spears. These catchers could help in eliminating small numbers in your yard while you fortify or could be used for your dash to the car or nearby shelter. It is all about keeping infected teeth away from you.

Aaland
    saw blade launcher... i think i saw this in a game called "ZOMBIE SHOOTER". demo is available somewhere just type it in on yahoo or google. well it was called a disk launcher but it was a saw blade all the same. if you can launch a saw blade at a certain speed it will pass through human tissue very easily. hmmm exploding potato launcher... same idea as potato launcher except with exploding potatos... potatoes would be in short supply if i was around. WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH YOUR ZOMBIE!!! my priority weapons would be a lever action rifle chambered for .38 special/ .357 magnum and a revolver or two in the same. a couple knives and even a machete or two. but i have a shot gun and a .357 mag ruger so i think im better than most people. the object of the chambering in the rifle and pistol is that you can use both cartridges in both guns and ammo will rarely ever be in short supply

INFECT THE TRUTH!

Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post

Eh. Golf club. Easier, available at any Walmart and in any number of garages worldwide.

Just remember not to grab the 1 iron, 'cause not even God can hit a 1 iron.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by staredge View Post
    eh. Golf club. Easier, available at any walmart and in any number of garages worldwide.

Just remember not to grab the 1 iron, 'cause not even god can hit a 1 iron.
    fore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.