Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rejected - the house votes down bailout...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

Rejected - the house votes down bailout...

the house of representatives has voted against (228-205) the $700 billion bailout. time to start from scratch. the dow jones was down over 700 points this afternoon in the wake of this vote.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7641733.stm
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    I hate this country sometimes. The leaders, the government. Makes me insane.

Iraq apending - $12 billion a month in 2008.

800 overseas bases cost's us billions upon billions each year ....

Instead of paying Iaqi people to rebuild Iraq, we pay unreal amounts to corrupt U.S. Coporations like Halliburton (KBR). Who do they think built the buildings and roads over there in the first place ? And now the Unemployment Rate in Iraq is 60% ... Put those people to work. We've spent 85 Billion dollars just to American Corporations since the war started.

Paying the Iraqi people the same wages (which we not of course) would save 14 Billoin on the current exchange rate; again, we wouldn't be paying the salary's we're paying now to the US Workers over there.

Bring the troops home and get the hell out of other nations problems. We do not live in a Cold War environment nor do we need 800 bases around the world. This is costings us hundreds of billions a year for the War and the the bases.

Abolish the Federal Income Tax (Tax the Corporations).

Become energy dependent NOW. We put a man on the moon during the space race. We made a nuclear bomb in WW2.

We can't ****ing make a affordable automobile anytime soon that runs on anythign BUT OIL ?

The middle east would dry up if not for our love of oil.

I'm rambling

Sorry
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post

I'm rambling

Sorry
    Indeed you were, with not one mention of the House vote.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    some lady had the bright idea of giving every 18 and up tax payer $250,000 and seeing how that does with the economy...... GREAT IDEA!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    I hate this country sometimes. The leaders, the government. Makes me insane.

Iraq apending - $12 billion a month in 2008.

800 overseas bases cost's us billions upon billions each year ....

Instead of paying Iaqi people to rebuild Iraq, we pay unreal amounts to corrupt U.S. Coporations like Halliburton (KBR). Who do they think built the buildings and roads over there in the first place ? And now the Unemployment Rate in Iraq is 60% ... Put those people to work. We've spent 85 Billion dollars just to American Corporations since the war started.

Paying the Iraqi people the same wages (which we not of course) would save 14 Billoin on the current exchange rate; again, we wouldn't be paying the salary's we're paying now to the US Workers over there.

Bring the troops home and get the hell out of other nations problems. We do not live in a Cold War environment nor do we need 800 bases around the world. This is costings us hundreds of billions a year for the War and the the bases.

Abolish the Federal Income Tax (Tax the Corporations).

Become energy dependent NOW. We put a man on the moon during the space race. We made a nuclear bomb in WW2.

We can't ****ing make a affordable automobile anytime soon that runs on anythign BUT OIL ?

The middle east would dry up if not for our love of oil.

I'm rambling

Sorry

What!?! An actual coherent plan!?! Never happen.

This country can't get anything big done anymore. What was our last significant accomplishment that we put our minds a resources to and actually got it done? Put a man on the moon? What was that, 40 years ago? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE. That's pittiful. My professor and i are discussing this situation and she say" we'll get out of it, Americans are hard working and determined." I retorted " Perhaps that's the generation you came from, Americans today are fat lazy and spoiled. We're quick to pass the buck and show almost no initiative.'

Wait a minute ya'll, i gotta go check my , my space page.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    They need to get rid of the Death Tax.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I find it nearly impossible to believe that the way things are now is what the founding fathers envisioned.

What!?! NO SLAVES!?!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    We're due for another depression it appears. Things do not look good. I am glad I am not running for president.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    We're due for another depression it appears. Things do not look good. I am glad I am not running for president.
    As we all are. j/k

United States
    ...and we all fall down.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    some lady had the bright idea of giving every 18 and up tax payer $250,000 and seeing how that does with the economy...... GREAT IDEA!
    Yeah,I agree.I'll take my $250,000 now please.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The average person would blow though that in a week and not even know what the hell happened. Then they'd need to be "bailed out" all over again. People just aren't good with money like that. The more they have the more they spend.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    The official title of the bailout bill:

"To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide earnings assistance and tax relief to members of the uniformed services, volunteer firefighters, and Peace Corps volunteers, and for other purposes"

Huh? Washington, DC really seems like another planet sometimes.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    As we all are. j/k

I know this much. If I was the president. I would strengthen our military. I would stay out of other countries' business, which includes no aid. Since, it appears no one wants our help anyways. More money for our country. And we should look out for ourselves, before anyone else. And I would keep religion out of politics. None of this God's will or God is on my side nonsense. I would definately fund things such as stem cell research and anything else that would benefit health & science that religious groups are against. I wouldn't take away personal liberties as an excuse to save the country. And I would try my best to legalize marijuana.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I know this much. If I was the president. I would strengthen our military. I would stay out of other countries' business, which includes no aid. Since, it appears no one wants our help anyways. More money for our country. And we should look out for ourselves, before anyone else. And I would keep religion out of politics. None of this God's will or God is on my side nonsense. I would definately fund things such as stem cell research and anything else that would benefit health & science that religious groups are against. I wouldn't take away personal liberties as an excuse to save the country. And I would try my best to legalize marijuana.
    Sh8t, I' gonna write you in my ballot right now !!

Seriously, though. I'm not sure what the figures are but we already spend way more than almost everyone else combined. I definitely agree that we need to stop sending so much aid overseas when we're hurting right here at home. It's good to be altruistic but not at the cost of hurting yourself. The sad reality is that you can't help everybody. We're in sad shape and turmoil over here, i think it's time for us to be a little selfish doncha think? Where are all the countries rushing to help us with multi billion dollar aid packages? Exactly, just what i thought.

There's an old saying as well. Something's not right when God hates all the same people you do.