Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roger being bitten, who is to blame?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    it would have been damn near impossible to construct a fence for the outer doors....
    Theres no way they could've built a fence outside of the mall.It would've taken way to long,and they would've had to deal with all those zombies outside.

United States
    Building a fence outside would have been the absolute WORST strategy they could have come up with! How do you fight off hundreds, if not thousands, of zombies while simultaneously constructing a fence with just four people is pure assholio! You don't have to be a military strategist to recognize that.

Undisclosed

Did he even need the toolbag?

There might be something I'm forgetting because my mind is blurred due to sleepiness, but I'm not sure Roger even needed the stupid bag. I believe Peter even said something like "Forget it man", but due to his arrogance, he decided to grab it. He would have been fine without it but still chose to grab it. So isn't that his own fault?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    they had access to wood and tools, why not set up a perimeter fence around the mall and the truck depot? cuz i dont think zombies can scale fences in that movie
    Might work for Tim Allen and Richard Karn but setting up a parimeter fence around the mall with wood? Do you know how long that would take?

And I wouldn't put it past the zombies from scaling the fence or bashing it down either.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I I think Peter's line was something like "One day someone will come snooping around. We don't want them to even know that this hall exists". That's not a 100% accurate quote, but you get what I mean.

pretty damn close

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Might work for Tim Allen and Richard Karn but setting up a parimeter fence around the mall with wood? Do you know how long that would take?

And I wouldn't put it past the zombies from scaling the fence or bashing it down either.
    this coming from someone who'd hole up in a pub
    Last edited by acealive1; 07-Oct-2008 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

capncnut
    I guess that makes me Shaun then.

Plus, I fail to see what this inanity has to do with anything. Maybe I should put a parimeter around the pub. And the road. And the whole city while I'm at it. Just to make sure.

United States
    Whats wrong with being holed up in a pub anyway?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

"Hey, Al, why don't you go down there and start digging the holes in the asphalt for our fenceposts, while I keep you covered from up here on the mall roof?"

"I don't think so, Tim."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    "Hey, Al, why don't you go down there and start digging the holes in the asphalt for our fenceposts, while I keep you covered from up here on the mall roof?"

"I don't think so, Tim."
    LMAO!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Building a fence around the mall was not an option. Even if they had the resources it seems as if there came a point where they became complacent. There are many things that they could have done in terms of security but as we can tell by the way they tried to shut the gates to the stores in reponse to the raid they were ill prepared to deal with any external threat whether living or dead and not much thought went into it.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut

"I don't think so, Tim."
    Now that made me spit out my soda. Being a big Home Improvement fan an' all.

United States

"I don't think so, Tim."

HAHA... I was a big fan of that show, so I could almost see them acting that out on the roof of the mall your delivery was excellent.

I totally agree with what was said above about them not being prepared and how they became far too lax. If they were not trying to lock doors they could have been sniping from fortified locations or just evacuating the mall. Either way Flyboy likely would not have become a zombie.

United States

"I don't think so, Tim."

Now that was hilarious.