Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The end of the whole mess........

Undisclosed

The end of the whole mess........

Ok, now this might have been suggested before, but I have been away for awhile and have not seen any post on this subject. From my point of view the original movies follow a certain pattern zombie epidemic, from how it began (Night) to how humans dealt with the situation (Dawn), to how the zombies were the ruling species (Day), would it not be feasable that the next step would be the humans reclaiming the land, I mean these are rotten corpses and everything that decomposes eventually dies away completely, I mean sooner or later these corpses would not be able to remain whole, the changing weather alone would aid in the decaying process, so does it not make sense that humans could eventually regain control.( But I like wicked endings, so I would just let them (humans)think they won and start the whole mess again:elol) Because you see some dumb dumb will want to find out how it started and go poking where he should not have and.............here we go again.
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

United States
    You make some really good points.I would love to see a movie like that.

United States
    I think humanity would never allow something like that to happen again. They would never allow bodies to go without a bullet in the head and/or the head being removed. It would just become a commonplace practice.

Undisclosed
    Of course you can't monitor everyone. I am sure that if Grand Pa survived the initial outbreak, once order was restored he could die of natural causes all alone and come back to infect the loved ones coming by to check on him.
    So begins the cold war domino theory but on a undead level.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I think humanity would never allow something like that to happen again. They would never allow bodies to go without a bullet in the head and/or the head being removed. It would just become a commonplace practice.
    It's not a matter of humanity, it's a matter of curiousity, people are curious by nature, and if you stop and think there would be someone who is going to save a sample of flesh or a corpse to work on it,just because they want to know why it it happened and what can be done to not let it happen again, example Day of the Dead, some wanted to know why, some wanted to just erradicate the problem, and most of them went nuts, with power or with the fact that they could not accept what was going on, curiousity is very dangerous, but then again what would we be without it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    You make some really good points.I would love to see a movie like that.
    Go to fiction section there is a story there called "eyewitness account" check it out you'll love it.
    Last edited by lullubelle; 15-Oct-2008 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by lullubelle View Post
    Go to fiction section there is a story there called "eyewitness account" check it out you'll love it.
    I will go and check this story out,thank you.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MapMan View Post
    Of course you can't monitor everyone. I am sure that if Grand Pa survived the initial outbreak, once order was restored he could die of natural causes all alone and come back to infect the loved ones coming by to check on him.
    So begins the cold war domino theory but on a undead level.
    I think sandrock is basically right though. You'd have the occasional zombie, but population densities wouldn't be as high as they were before and, more importantly, everyone would know what is going on and how to deal with it from the beginning. The threat of zombies would be a constant low-level danger like Ebola: occasional flare-ups but no catastrophe.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    I thought it was proposed before by Romero that his closing of the the franchise was goign to be how humans clean up the mess and people come out and deal with zombies laying on the ground decaying but still alive. That painted them in an almost "sympathetic" light. Like the zombie epidemic was over , the radiation abated and now we had small pockets of civilization coming up with was to clean up the aftermath.

This is I can not find my old source on that (it was like 5 years ago and I seem to recall reading it on the old forums) and I am not so sure personally it would make for riveting cinema.

I also however am very much against the idea of pursuing the old angle Romera had set forth of vest wearing zombies indicating the degree of "domestication" they had and our use of them as beasts of burden. While it is clever in a sense, and it would make for what many would consider logical progression I just never much enjoyed the idea personally.

Undisclosed
    I think if WWZ is ever released it could possible squash GARs idea of the end in his storyline. The book goes into some detail on this topic, humans fighting their way back into control. But I guess, as with all things, control is only a state of mind.

United States
    Romero's world can't be reclaimed. There's way too many zombies, and way too few living survivors. There is no way all the zombies could be wiped out before the last survivors croak.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Romero's world can't be reclaimed. There's way too many zombies, and way too few living survivors. There is no way all the zombies could be wiped out before the last survivors croak.
    Well you got a point, but it still brings back the question of how long does it take for a body to decompose entirely,I mean my children and I did some science experiments for school projects if i remember well one of them was on decay, we used tomatos, potatos and bread, one of each place in diffrent locations (refridgerator, in a dark cabinet, at room temperature, and outside) they all went at diffrent pace, the one outside lasted a couple of days longer than the one at room temperature (it was fall cool temperature help preserve it, we deducted) so basically it would be the same for the human body.
    my point is how long for will it take for them to go, I mean as long as you are alive you scheme and try to stay alive, but I guess if you are mindless you are not going to bother.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    I think sandrock is basically right though. You'd have the occasional zombie, but population densities wouldn't be as high as they were before and, more importantly, everyone would know what is going on and how to deal with it from the beginning. The threat of zombies would be a constant low-level danger like Ebola: occasional flare-ups but no catastrophe.
    Thank you Publius. Of course zombies would always remain a low level threat (unless the reanimation process isn't "permanent"...remember, it could just as easily be temporary). Once enough of the "original" zombies rot away to a useless state, the zombies superior numbers would suddenly start dropping...drastically I would think.

Once this occurs, the remaining zombies can be dispatched with work. It won't be easy and it will probably cost some lives, but it could be done. From that point on, humanity would always be on guard against zombie "flare ups". The occassional outbreak might happen but everyone would immediately respond to squash it. Just like when a building caught fire in the old west, EVERYONE dropped what they were doing and fought the fire, otherwise, the whole town could burn down! That would benefit no one.

Of course, again this is all assuming that whatever is reanimating the dead doesn't go away. I always imagined it as being a temporary event happening. It may never be known what exactly caused it but it won't last forever. Humanity would indeed survive it. Maybe only like 100,000 people throughout the world but survive we would!

Christ, our ancestors survived a freakin' Ice Age with nothing but stones, sharpened sticks and the ability to make fire...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I thought it was proposed before by Romero that his closing of the the franchise was goign to be how humans clean up the mess and people come out and deal with zombies laying on the ground decaying but still alive. That painted them in an almost "sympathetic" light. Like the zombie epidemic was over , the radiation abated and now we had small pockets of civilization coming up with was to clean up the aftermath.

Yeah,I remember Gar talking about that in a interview.But I don't remember what interview it was.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    . Maybe only like 100,000 people throughout the world but survive we would! Christ, our ancestors survived a freakin' Ice Age with nothing but stones, sharpened sticks and the ability to make fire...
    Good points. Most humans would survive a lumbering dead scenario.

The threat posed by the dead, however, would cause alot of panic, fear etc. Some vulnerable nations will fracture into competing factions of war lords. This could even happen in some developed countries if citizens believe that the government cant control the problem or is favoring / ignoring socio-economic groups. Once centeral authority breaks down and is replaced by a "check point" culture, the biggest threat to living humans for a long time is going to be other living humans.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by lullubelle View Post
    Well you got a point, but it still brings back the question of how long does it take for a body to decompose entirely
    Tour of the Body Farm (Dr. Bill Bass, University of Tennessee), anyone?
    Last edited by DawnGirl27; 16-Oct-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost