Thread: UK Folks - 'Dead Set' - Oct 27th to 31st... Shaun of the Dead meets Big Brother?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

UK Folks - 'Dead Set' - Oct 27th to 31st... Shaun of the Dead meets Big Brother?

I found out yesterday about a series starting on UK channel E4 on 24th October (I think) called Dead Set. Check out the website. It looks fab.

HOWEVER..............

Below is a link to 'unseen' footage. It freaked me right out.

http://www.unseenscreen.com/

Sorry if this is a repeat posting - I did do a search for anything related to this but couldn't find it.

Rock on!

England
    It starts on Monday 27th at either 10 or 11 o'clock, and will be on all week. The first episode is 60 minutes, the rest are 30 minutes.

The DVD is released on 3 November and is available for preorder at Amazon UK.

Only downer is that the zombies are runners.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkempster View Post
    I found out yesterday about a series starting on UK channel E4 on 24th October (I think) called Dead Set. Check out the website. It looks fab.

HOWEVER..............

Below is a link to 'unseen' footage. It freaked me right out.

http://www.unseenscreen.com/

Sorry if this is a repeat posting - I did do a search for anything related to this but couldn't find it.

Rock on!
    Yeah,this has already been posted here.This looks like it's going to be good.To bad they're not doing this in the U.S.

Administrator

England

UK Folks - 'Dead Set' - Oct 27th to 31st... Shaun of the Dead meets Big Brother?

10pm each night on E4.

The dead are returning to life and attacking the living. And the only safe place is one of the most famous houses in Britain, "The Big Brother House!"

http://www.e4.com/deadset/

Britain has a big problem. The dead are returning to life and attacking the living. The people they kill get up and kill – and it’s spreading like wildfire. Curiously, there are a few people left in Britain who aren’t worried about any of this – that’s because they’re the remaining contestants in Big Brother. Cocooned in the safety of the Big Brother house, they’re blissfully unaware of the horrific events unfolding outside. Until an eviction night when all hell breaks loose.

Kelly, (Jaime Winstone) the production runner working on Big Brother finds herself caught in the impossible position of trying to fend off the walking dead alongside the remaining housemates, Davina herself, a host of former Big Brother housemates, her producer boss Patrick (Andy Nyman) and boyfriend Riq (Riz Ahmed).

Over the ensuing days, in a cruel reflection of the game show they thought they were entering, the contestants fall victim, one by one, to the hungry masses outside. Staying alive requires teamwork – which is tricky when you’re a group specifically selected by TV producers to wind each other up.

Argh! GOD I HATE STUPID F***** CONTACTS!!!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ok, Justw atched the trailer and I am so jealous of you UK-er's. I so want to see this show.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    That'd be the kinda show I'd like to work on ... but I'd still whinge about runners.

It seems to be stylistically similar to Shaun of the Dead, but physically similar to 28 Days Later ... which is NOT a zombie movie, sheesh.

Anyway, what with Charlie Brooker being behind this, and Davina as a zombie, and me being a viewer of Big Brother normally anyway, and a massive zed-head, I'm so up for this.

I take it that it'll be a one-week thing? If it's proper good I'll get the DVD, heck, perhaps my sister (also a BB fan) will give it a watch (she also really enjoyed Shaun of the Dead).

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Ok, Justw atched the trailer and I am so jealous of you UK-er's. I so want to see this show.
    *Nelson mode enabled* Ha ha! *disabled*
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    You folks over in the UK always have the bad-ass shows. Unfortunately, they tend to get remade for the USA market and the product is typically inferior. Guess us over here in the states are going to have to either wait until this gets redone for us, or for the DVD to get released.

I am so jealous!!!! Please let us know how it turns out. Runners - and lame ass contact lenses - notwithstanding, the teasers look killer!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Administrator

England
    "Does this mean we're not on telly anymore!"

CLASS!
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Just saw a trailer on E4 that I've never seen before. Even though them pesky runners are in it, the show looks darned good.

Super Moderator

UK
    Shamblers are just way scarier, because you let your guard down, or you find yourself surrounded and then you panic.

Like in "Dead Rising", you can deal with them spaced out, but try and run through a fairly close crowd and you're screwed unless you fight back big style. Then you find yourself in an area surrounded by a whole bunch of zeds and you usually panic the fudge out - that's the true scare in a zombie film.

United States
    I need some clarification of what it meant by slow or fast zombies being “scarier”. Scarier as in what would be scarier, actually being chased by slow zombies or fast zombies, or cinematically scarier- which kind of movie is scarier to watch?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I need some clarification of what it meant by slow or fast zombies being “scarier”. Scarier as in what would be scarier, actually being chased by slow zombies or fast zombies, or cinematically scarier- which kind of movie is scarier to watch?
    That's totally subjective to each individual viewer, but as I say, anything running at you screaming is scary ... but true dread, fear, hopelessness and the stuff of nightmares comes in the form of a forever-increasing army of shambling dead people who end up surrounding you, moving through the populace like a disease that the living desperately try to ignore, or deny or even cover up.

In the end, man is his own worst enemy is such a situation - another reason why an outbreak would be terrifying.