Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEADZONE! (verizon commercial)

Undisclosed

Question DEADZONE! (verizon commercial)

Any one else notice Jarlath Conroy a.k.a. (McDermot from dod) in the new verizon wireless commerical playing a motel desk clerk?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    here it is:

"The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    holy sh!t-balls! i've seen that commercial a thousand times and every single time, i'm like : "i swear i've seen that dude in a movie somewhere...."

thanks for the info

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    holy sh!t-balls! i've seen that commercial a thousand times and every single time, i'm like : "i swear i've seen that dude in a movie somewhere...."

thanks for the info
    ditto here but for me it was the voice. i'd hear him talk and be like, " i should know who that old dude is."
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed

Talking Also!

That's probably the second thing i ever seen him do!

I'll bet he was happy to get that gig!

Is it just me or do you think the word DEAD was in anyway connected to him being hired?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    That's probably the second thing i ever seen him do!
    Yeah besides for Day and this commercial,I haven't seen him in anything else.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    He was in the film "Stay" a few years back. It's a good one too. Check it out.

"The towels are kinda scratchy!"

Undisclosed

Wink um...

All i can say is that i wouldn't want to roomate with that creepy ass guy!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    Imo, when an actor is a "one hit wonder". The role is unique to them. Can you picture anyone else playing McDermott? I sure can't.

When an actor such as Tom cruise is a secret agent one film and then a lawyer the next you don't take it as seriously as a person you've never seen do anything else. It's like yeah, he's disarming a nuke this week and the next he's doing an appellate brief. lol

So i don't mind that he's a one hit wonder. He'll always be McDermott in our hearts.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I know there are quite a few gamers on these boards, so I thought I would mention that he's also in GTAIV as Aiden O'malley. I had no idea.

And I wouldn't really call him a one hit wonder. Maybe he's just laid low since Day. Actually, according to IMDB he didn't act again for another decade after Day. And until now he's only been in a handful of films...

United States
    I didn't recognize him without the flask...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I didn't recognize him without the flask...
    Maybe if he added "Jesus, Mary & Joseph it's a dead zone" that would have helped everyone recognize him .

I recognized him right away but I think that's because I just recently watched Day again. Got the Blu-Ray version so I had to watch it .

United States
    Holy crap I never knew that!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I know there are quite a few gamers on these boards, so I thought I would mention that he's also in GTAIV as Aiden O'malley. I had no idea.

And I wouldn't really call him a one hit wonder. Maybe he's just laid low since Day. Actually, according to IMDB he didn't act again for another decade after Day. And until now he's only been in a handful of films...

I don't believe that the term "one hit wonder" means that it's the only thing you've ever done just the only SIGNIFICANT thing you've done.

Just like a musician who has that one hit under their belt that everyone knows. You mention another song from the same artist and people would be like WTF!?! Never heard of it.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    ...Towels are kinda scratchy!...

Hehehe...