Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Screamfest 2008 Pics

United States

Some Screamfest 2008 Pics

Had a great time at Screamfest this year! George Romero cancelled, which sucks, but I have met him before. I was more disappointed that Gaylon Ross did not show, I was greatly looking forward to meeting her! Oh well. Here are a few pics....

Scott was totally cool. He actually hung out drinking with me for half an hour at the pool bar!

Hare Krishna, Hare Hare Krishna! This is Mike's first year doing conventions.

I bought a sweater and needed a nurse!

David Emge is very well spoken, it was great to hear him talk about Dawn.

Just a fun pic, some hot zombie chicks!

United States
    Kick-ass dude!

I've never been at a convention before. Whats it like? I heard they are real money spenders.

United States
    Those are some awesome pics.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Kick-ass dude!

I've never been at a convention before. Whats it like? I heard they are real money spenders.
    Well, I suppose you can spend a lot of money, it depends on what you do. Most celebrities dont charge to take a pic with them. It only cost $40 for a weekend pass. We spent the weekend there, so the hotel bill was $240. Alcohol...we drank two bottles of Makers Mark, and had a bunch of beers. I got some of the pics blown up at Walgreens and took them back and got them autographed.

What's it like? Well, it was one of the best times I ever had! A majority of people were dressed up in custume all weekend, and a lot of the celebrities were hanging out at the pool bar after the convention hall closed. I can tell you that Doug Bradley (Pinhead from Hellraiser) was propably the biggest partier. He was still out at the pool after 3 am! It is definately unusual to be hanging out partying, and all of a sudden you are standing there chatting with Michael Berryman from the original "The Hills Have Eyes". Unusual in a cool way! Anyway, I would think if you are a horror fan it would be well worth your while to go to one.

Christmas Island
    Great pics, Philly! A shame Gaylen didn't show yet still it's nice to see the other faces from Dawn.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Awesome, man! I've never met any of them, so I'm a bit jealous.

For some reason I find it funny that the Hare Krishna actor still has a shaved head. Was the little rat tail in the back still there?

BTW, Nice shirt. I love Atlanta Motor Speedway.

United States
    Great pics, thanks for uploading

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Awesome, man! I've never met any of them, so I'm a bit jealous.

For some reason I find it funny that the Hare Krishna actor still has a shaved head. Was the little rat tail in the back still there?

BTW, Nice shirt. I love Atlanta Motor Speedway.
    Yeah, Atlanta is a cool track.

As far as the rat tail goes, no it wasn't there!

Another interesting tidbit that some people may not know, the airport zombie, who went on to be the "poster zombie" for the film, he and the hare krishna zombie were in a band together, which is why they both had shaved heads. The band was called "Fluid". And to save you some time, I don't think any web search will turn up any music for them. He said to look for some 45's!

United States
    Great pics, man! It's always cool to see what people who played favorite movie characters are up to/look like now. I've never been to a convention, but would love to someday...Thanks for the vicarious experience!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Had a great time at Screamfest this year! George Romero cancelled, which sucks, but I have met him before. I was more disappointed that Gaylon Ross did not show, I was greatly looking forward to meeting her! Oh well. Here are a few pics....

Scott was totally cool. He actually hung out drinking with me for half an hour at the pool bar!

Hare Krishna, Hare Hare Krishna! This is Mike's first year doing conventions.

I bought a sweater and needed a nurse!

David Emge is very well spoken, it was great to hear him talk about Dawn.

Just a fun pic, some hot zombie chicks!

Kick ass pics dude!!

Just a thought....

Has it gotten to the point where the stars of these films recognize YOU at these conventions?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm sure he knows, but did you ask the Hari actor if he knew he had an action figure?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm sure he knows, but did you ask the Hari actor if he knew he had an action figure?
    I wonder if those dudes get any royalties from the use of their likenesses? If so the dude has to know.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Kick ass pics dude!!
    Just a thought....

Has it gotten to the point where the stars of these films recognize YOU at these conventions?
    Well, I was talking to my friend on Friday night if he thought that Scott Reiniger would remember me the next day. We both agreed that he wouldnt, seeing as we were both consuming large amounts (OK I cant speak for Scott as far as LARGE amounts go, but I was drinking large amounts) of alcohol and the fact of ... who the hell am I? I was pleasantly surprised the next day when Scott did in fact remember me!

I didnt ask, but yeah he knew, he brought it up himself. I think that is what sparked him to start on the convention circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I wonder if those dudes get any royalties from the use of their likenesses? If so the dude has to know.
    Somehow I doubt it. I think Rubenstein owns all the rights to all the Dawn stuff.

Canada
    Those pictures are great Philly.
    You must have had an awesome time.
    Thanks for sharing

United States
    I wouldn't have trusted those zombie chicks. Sure, they seem harmless enough...until you find out one of them is really a zombie! Yikes!