Thread: Oh my GOD free me from this NIGHTMARE!!!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed

Oh my GOD free me from this NIGHTMARE!!!

OK I'm going to bore you with relationship rubbish if you can be bothered to read it.

So we keep getting crap from my Fiancee's mother...I don't mean verbal crap, although there has been a lot of that in the past, I'm talking about material rubbish....first she gave us a garden table that had legs which wouldn't attach...then she gave us a printer which didn't work, a random toilet seat which we never used, and a ton of other stuff. Finally I said "no more"...we have way too much rubbish to purge from our lives as it is, and at the moment our flat is very far from being perfect as we have a lot of junk to sort, store, or get rid of....

This time she's offered us a bed frame, which surprise surprise we actually do need, so we're happily taking that off her...she's paying a bloke to deliver it. I specifically said to the other half that I wasn't up for anything else, like the mattress (we have a couple of futon mattresses and part of the deal is that they are taking our old bedframe) as we don't need it. Great I thought.

But no...she's sending over....get this....(I should tell you I work in the media and have as such, managed to set myself up with a fookin' lovely HD media centre in my front room) a DVD player and old TV....so why can't I refuse it? My fiancee is too ****ing stubborn to say no to her...because she wants to prove a point to me! She calls me a control freak, because I mention that quite rightly we still have a spare flatscreen HD telly that we don't even bloody use, and 5 or 6 separate DVD players in the flat already!! We don't f****ng need it!!! She levels the argument that "yeah we've got one flatscreen already gathering dust..." as some sort of way to justify having ANOTHER one?!?!? I just don't ****ing get this woman sometimes. I mean...we have so much ****ing clutter and what does she do? She takes some away and adds some more....what's the point? She says "oh I can sell it for like £20"....these bloody things are being given away for free on Gumtree et al....ridiculous!! I had to give away a 32" widescreen Sony TV two ****ing years ago, because no one wanted to buy it!!! How the hell are we gonna "sell" a bloody 14" ****ty 4:3 TV?? CHRIST!

It's also the moral issue, her mother uses us like a ****ing dump because she's too lazy to sort out someone to take it...Charity shops don't take electronic items anymore which is understandable due to dodgy components, but now it's MY responsibility to drive the ****ing thing to a nearby dump to get rid of it. It's one more hassle that's totally avoidable and again just been added to our huge to-do list that we don't need...and what makes it worse is that I am marketed as the bad guy. I try to stay calm about it, but after the 10th time of it happening, yes I get a bit testy to say the least!!!! I get days off in the week that I now have to completely blow away by making trips to places to offload rubbish that she doesn't want, and that ****ing woman doesn't lift a finger to work...and what makes it even worse is my fiancees complete inability to say "No" to her mother and realise that I'm only annoyed because it's ****ing crap we don't need at a time where we have too much - but somehow I am a "control freak dickhead"....because I don't want **** in our house. Oh god. I'm gonna explode...calm Trev, Calm...it'll be OK....no need for a scanners moment....

Thanks for listening...rant over...I feel better.
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 20-Nov-2008 at 07:57 PM.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Better that then having stuff TAKEN. No biggie man. And as for a place to offload stuff. . try the local Pawn shop.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Norway
    Sounds like both mother and daughter are hoarders collecting everything in sight, never throwing anything away. I have the same problem with my foster mother. I live in a two room flat, last time she gave me an really ugly table and twelve chairs. Twelve! LoL. It takes more than refusing some lame gifts to be a control freak though, maybe you have done something else you dont even know about because your fiance have not told you. Good luck.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    After all that, she didn't give us the DVD player - but lied about the guy taking our old bed, she catagorically stated he would, and when he got here he said "i don't do rubbish"....

Crap!

Still, I am not so angry about it...the bed is quite cool but I'm trying hard to not admit that...lol
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Norway
    Glad you are in a better mood. Try watching one of the documentaries about horders with your girlfriend and then make gentle good natured fun of them for beeing like that. It helps a bit for me.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Take the TV and DVD player somewhere remote and give 'em the Office Space fax machine treatment. It'll help you vent. If you lived in the States, you could use them for target practice.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    Glad you are in a better mood. Try watching one of the documentaries about horders with your girlfriend and then make gentle good natured fun of them for beeing like that. It helps a bit for me.
    nah I just tell her outright: "you've got too much junk...cull it"

She does too - her problem is saying "no" to people, especially people who pressurise like her mother, who pushes all the right buttons...

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Take the TV and DVD player somewhere remote and give 'em the Office Space fax machine treatment. It'll help you vent. If you lived in the States, you could use them for target practice.
    You know, I think that'd really help...I'd defo get a kick out of that...even with my anti-gun stance...
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 24-Nov-2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    we still have a spare flatscreen HD telly that we don't even bloody use, and 5 or 6 separate DVD players in the flat already!! We don't f****ng need it!!!
    What's the matter with you? Have you never heard of Ebay? Do you not have Craigslist or something comparable on that side of the pond? There is money to be made and times-a-wastin'! Just let your fiancée argue all she likes while you pocket the CASH.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    What's the matter with you? Have you never heard of Ebay? Do you not have Craigslist or something comparable on that side of the pond? There is money to be made and times-a-wastin'! Just let your fiancée argue all she likes while you pocket the CASH.
    Half of them aint worth much - the flatscreen is needed and the rest are either cheap DVD players or in computers or consoles which are in use...as for the crap her mum was pawning off, again, useless and worthless...u can get a dvd player for £10 now...

Undisclosed
    Half of them aint worth much - the flatscreen is needed and the rest are either cheap DVD players or in computers or consoles which are in use...as for the crap her mum was pawning off, again, useless and worthless...u can get a dvd player for £10 now...
    Never underestimate the value of junk on Ebay. Otherwise, why can't you just be a nice future son-in-law and haul off the junk to Goodwill? If that's the most you've got to do for your mum-in-law, then you've gotten off way too easy.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    But most of it doesn't work man...broken tables, broken toilet seats (!!), broken printers....ugh....the bed we were meant to have taken away, broken too...ugh....I thought of all this, she would've done it but it's easier to get us to take it...and UK charity shops don't take electronic items cos too many people get electrocuted etc...bah!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Bunch of electronics you don't use, eh? Some of them don't even work, eh? I say start building miniature robot soldiers to do your evil bidding!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Now that's GREAT SUGGESTION!!!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    why thank ya kindly, pard.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    She calls me a control freak ...and what makes it worse is that I am marketed as the bad guy.
    nah I just tell her outright: "you've got too much junk...cull it"
    Sounds like your problem lies in the way you're telling her to do thing. Hint: with women, you've got to make them think it was their idea.