Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: George, you need to call it Twilight...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i think you've hit the nail on the head - young and stupid. i would be willing to cut minerva some slack but his comments are so nasty most times and expose such a disgusting level of youthful hubris that i really have no sympathy left for him.

and Mo, before you get paranoid - i don't think all the young people around here are stupid and arrogant. in fact a couple of you (i'm not going to mention any names) are among the best and most responsible members this forum has. it's the bozos that just have to be keyboard warriors and run off at the mouth instead of finding a tactful way of offering criticism that i find irritating.
    Yes, there are some awesome members here who are young, 20 or less.

anyway, if the HPOTD zombie short film challenge comes together, everyone who wants to will be able to show us what they are capable of.
    It is coming along, Neil seems interested, and I did already inquire about some possible judges. Hopefully we can kick it off by March 15th 2009.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    It is coming along, Neil seems interested, and I did already inquire about some possible judges. Hopefully we can kick it off by March 15th 2009.
    BOO! let the forum judge the contest. why should anyone who isn't going to submit a film care or pay attention to this contest if they can't help to pick the winner? we've all seen enough zombie films and films in general to be able to tell a good one from a bad one. it isn't ancient greek philology or a history of the marian reforms in relation to the land laws proposed by the Gracchi for Poseidon's sake.

EDIT: i changed this around a bit due to a poor choice of words.
    Last edited by Mike70; 28-Feb-2009 at 01:19 AM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    BOOOO! a panel of judges is a shit way of handling something like this, a real shit way. involve the entire forum in it, have a blind viewing or don't do it at all. why should anyone who isn't going to submit a film care or pay attention to this contest if they can't help to pick the winner? we've all seen enough zombie films and films in general to be able to tell a good one from a bad one. it isn't ancient greek philology or a history of the marian reforms in relation to the land laws proposed by the Gracchi for Poseidon's sake.
    Boy you are just firing on all cylyders today huh?

I agree, open it up to the members that contribute to the forum. But Not those who sign up and we never hear from agian.

I smell a poll question. But it would probably be irrelevant because neil has the final say anyway.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Boy you are just firing on all cylyders today huh?

no, actually this is about half throttle. i can't seem to get really fired anymore since my sweetie khardis got banned.

just realized that i threw part of my dissertation title into that last post. the subconscious mind at work.
    Last edited by Mike70; 27-Feb-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."