Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An interesting thought.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

That guy's look after the "Straight up" line always cracks me up. I would definitely have that as an avatar if I knew how to get it.
    Well Bass. . I couldn't find that shot. . .but here he is all growned up!!

Hilarious!!!

He apparently was playing Lenny in some small production of Mice and Men. . .great to know he is still working.

http://www.primestage.com/cast_mice_and_men_photos.htm
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    He wanted to have Savini play the part of Foxy and have him kill the Zombie Blades as a gag...but that would have pushed the percentage of American actors over the limit and they would have lost their tax break.
    That was part of it. The main reason why Savini couldn't play that role was ultimately because Universal didn't want him to. I'm not sure why, exactly, but it had something to do with his participation in the DAWN remake.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    That was part of it. The main reason why Savini couldn't play that role was ultimately because Universal didn't want him to. I'm not sure why, exactly, but it had something to do with his participation in the DAWN remake.
    I was under the impression that Universal only came on board towards the end of the production as a distributor, in much the same way as the Weinsteins on Diary of the Dead, and the movie was financed by Atmosphere Productions and Wild Bunch. According to IMDB that looks to be the case anyway.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    I don't know but I'd still love a Pilato cameo.

Just been bitten

Scotland

Pilato

It's a shame all the other movies are the property of someone else. It would be so easy to digitally insert previous characters in to a new shot. I bet somewhere in amongst a mountain of boxes somewhere will be footage of Pilato and his men, all kitted out, boarding some form of transport or walking as a group.

With todays technology and ease of manipulation, it wouldn't be too hard to show the group depart for Florida in some sort of news footage that could be on a tv or even just a stop and watch moment for the new group if they were perhaps eyeing up an airport or passing a military base.

I bet, that some clever monkey within these forums knows exactly what I am envisioning and could do the scene on their own computer.

Alas, Romero owns nothing but Diary, so it won't ever happen.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Don't like the old footage idea, I'd prefer pilato actually making a cameo.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    As for Pilato....it would be cool to have him in there as another minor character like Dawn. Maybe some passing Rhodes dialogue in the background.
    Well considering Sarah, John and McDermott also made it to an island, that wouldn't be a bad idea. Throw 'em all in. Just as long as Pilato kept in line with the Dawn cop character but swinging a few Rhodes-isms for cameo type grins.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmonkey2582 View Post
    I had an interesting thought/idea about this one, what if they were to run into maybe one or two of the cops from Dawn, that were going onto their boat, looking for "any island"? And what would they be doing?

I think that would be a great idea.

Undisclosed

cameos

I'd still like to see Fisher from Day watching zombies drive a car in DC.
    "Totally Togepi!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmonkey2582 View Post
    I had an interesting thought/idea about this one, what if they were to run into maybe one or two of the cops from Dawn, that were going onto their boat, looking for "any island"? And what would they be doing?
    The one guy, suffering from nicotine withdrawal, would still be desparately still looking for some cigarettes.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    I already beat you to that idea. lol