Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GAR questions

United States

GAR questions

Ok, So next month is the American Zombie film fest in Charlotte With Georgie boy himself. I am attending the one on one seminar on sunday Feb 22nd, but for the life of me. . I can't think of a single question to ask(If I get the opportunity). Soooooo. . .I was wondering if my good friends here at HPOTD could give me some ideas. Any burning questions that anyone needs answered? This could be the opportunity. I am going to try to film it. . if it's allowed. If not. . I might swipe my mothers tiny crappy camera and film it anyways, on the low.

(Let me clarify. One on One does not mean I get Geroge to myself. It's a seminar. So I will only have a chance at one question most likely. So lets make it a good one.)
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    How do you keep your beard so white?

United States
    Ask him this....that although you realize that none of his zombie movies are sequels to each other, and are not really "connected" to each other, was it his intent to have all the stories set in the same story-telling universe, or was it his intent to create separate universes for each film?

Or you could ask him if his movies, for example Dawn of the Dead, are intended by him to be set in "the present" or in 1978?

As "Art is Personal"~EvilNed, regardless of his answer(s) a viewer could still choose to take either position in their own mind, but it would shed light on his intentions as the film maker.

United States
    Not bad Philly. Me likey.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    "Why didn't Logan reanimate?"

"Would zombies eat a cow?"

"You know there would be zombies in Canada too, right?"

"Does Land take place before Day?"

"Was Stephen really the father?"
    Last edited by SRP76; 23-Jan-2009 at 03:44 AM.

United States
    ask this, at the end of dawn, where was fran and peter going and did they make it alive or did the chopter crash and kill them both.

United States
    Why did roger have to die?
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We pretty much know all the trivia to the existing films, so I would ask something about "....of the Dead".

Super Moderator

United States
    Ask what he'd think about doing a stoner buddy movie set in the midst of a zombie uprising.

Please!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    My personal opinion is that any questions of time period or universe are just going to cause more trouble than good. He either will blow off the question or give a poorly thought out answer (which has caused most of the disputes over time period and universe). Don't get me wrong - I'd love to have those questions answered too. I just think you're barking up a frustrating tree.

Questions I think he might entertain and I'd like to have answered:

- Do you have any thoughts on a Post-Land story? Not a direct sequel but a future time period? If so, how do you envision the zombies having changed Post-Land?

- Do you see the zombie evolution in Land as having been an isolated event or was that type of evolution occurring throughout the world?

- Will the Dead series continue after you retire? That is, are there any plans being made to pass the baton of Dead filmmaking to another?

United States
    I would ask him what preventative measures he is taking to make sure HE doesn't come back as a zombie.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    My personal opinion is that any questions of time period or universe are just going to cause more trouble than good. He either will blow off the question or give a poorly thought out answer (which has caused most of the disputes over time period and universe). Don't get me wrong - I'd love to have those questions answered too. I just think you're barking up a frustrating tree.
    Unfortunately, you are probably right.

- Do you have any thoughts on a Post-Land story? Not a direct sequel but a future time period? If so, how do you envision the zombies having changed Post-Land?
    I think he already did a project like this back in 1985....

- Do you see the zombie evolution in Land as having been an isolated event or was that type of evolution occurring throughout the world?
    I dont think that this was evolution in any event. When Henry Ford first started making cars, the only people that had cars were those close to where they were made. As more were made, the land area of people who had them got bigger. And even years later, there was still large areas where no one had, or had even seen, a car. I look at "zombie learning" like that. For all we know, there were vast areas of ...."regular" zombies all over, and maybe places where due to various reasons zombies were behaving more intelligently than the ones we see in Land. But I do not take it that the zombies had "evolved" in the true sense of the word, anymore than mankind "evolving" when Ford invented cars.

- Will the Dead series continue after you retire? That is, are there any plans being made to pass the baton of Dead filmmaking to another?
    The baton can be grabbed by anyone who wants it, whether GAR passes it or not. People already are.

United States
    Awesome answers Philly. Think I'd still be interested in GAR's responses though.

I think I'd rather pound my pecker with a meat tenderizer than confront the 1985 comment or the "evolve" discussion.

However, as for the baton passing, I disagree. There can and surely will be those who choose to emulate GAR in zombie filmmaking, but that's not passing the baton. I'm wondering if there is anyone he has or will take under wing and share his secrets. An apprentice as it were. Someone to learn from the master and carry on the series in his style and vision.

@Mr. G - Maybe his plan is to come back as a zombie and continue doing what he did in life - make zombie movies. Maybe he died a long time ago and is already doing that. It might explain a bit about Diary. Hehehe....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    "You know there would be zombies in Canada too, right?"
    but...but everything is so clean up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I would ask him what preventative measures he is taking to make sure HE doesn't come back as a zombie.
    if i were clang, this might just have to be the winner.

as far as questions for romero go, how bout this one:
    "would you like to smoke a fat one with me after the seminar is over? i've got some crazy hydroponic shit from canada, talk about zombified."
    Last edited by Mike70; 23-Jan-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    "would you like to smoke a fat one with me after the seminar is over? i've got some crazy hydroponic shit from canada, talk about zombified."

I've always pictured Romero as one of those people that start talking about government conspiracies and aliens when they get really high...