Thread: Dead Set, Your thoughts?

Undisclosed

Dead Set, Your thoughts?

Firsty i would like to apoligise if this has already been talked about alot and i missed the thread's,
    But i was just wondering on peoples thoughts? i Just recently watched the six-part series as i ordered the DVD
    i was very shocked because i wasn't sure about it, but i really did in enjoy it! i have been a long time lover of the zombie Genre and havn't been pleased with any newer zombie Films but i felt dead set was great especially because of constant homages to George's Films.

has anyone else seen it? and what are your thoughts on it?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJake View Post
    Firsty i would like to apoligise if this has already been talked about alot and i missed the thread's,
    But i was just wondering on peoples thoughts? i Just recently watched the six-part series as i ordered the DVD
    i was very shocked because i wasn't sure about it, but i really did in enjoy it! i have been a long time lover of the zombie Genre and havn't been pleased with any newer zombie Films but i felt dead set was great especially because of constant homages to George's Films.

there are a couple of threads about it but no worries man. if there can be 75 "it's 2am, your mercedes is out of gas, you're surrounded by zombies and have 3 shotgun shells left - what do you do?" threads, there can a repeat or two of this one.

back to the topic at hand. i too am a recent convert to dead set thanks to capncnut and andy. i loved it completely, esp. the character of patrick. even though the zombies are the dreaded "runners" that didn't matter to me at all. the story was strong, the characters interesting and i got into it from the first few minutes and never looked back. in fact i watched the whole damn thing in one sitting. i found it funny in places, tense and scary in places but always gripping. i was surprised that it was on a major network given the amount of profanity and gore in it. no american network would have the balls to do something like dead set.

great fucking ending too.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    there are a couple of threads about it but no worries man. if there can be 75 "it's 2am, your mercedes is out of gas, you're surrounded by zombies and have 3 shotgun shells left - what do you do?" threads, there can a repeat or two of this one.

back to the topic at hand. i too am a recent convert to dead set thanks to capncnut and andy. i loved it completely, esp. the character of patrick. even though the zombies are the dreaded "runners" that didn't matter to me at all. the story was strong, the characters interesting and i got into it from the first few minutes and never looked back. in fact i watched the whole damn thing in one sitting. i found it funny in places, tense and scary in places but always gripping. i was surprised that it was on a major network given the amount of profanity and gore in it. no american network would have the balls to do something like dead set.

great fucking ending too.
    Fair Enough,

Yes i loved it to, though i wasn't sure as Dawn 04, Land, the day remake and of course diary...really didn't do it for me, but of course still in my movie collection.

And yes i watched it in one sitting, and very pleased i did. It truley was the first zombie movie of my time....to creep me out, but of course making me laugh my arse off.

Man lives, in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit.....a DARKSIDE.

-Tales From The Darkside!

Undisclosed
    I watched it on Youtube (apparently cannot watch the reruns of the main site here in the States), and it was pretty poor quality. Not the show itself, but just the copy that was on youtube, it was way to dark and I had a rough time telling what was going on.

I liked it for the most part. It is suprising it was on a network and how things were done, the ending especially. There were alot of things that were just thrown out, and no dancing around just there it is deal with it sort of things. It was good and fun to watch. Some of the characters really annoyed me, but I think that was the point of those characters. So they did their job.

United States
    I got a hold of a copy a couple weeks back after reading the threads here, but haven't watched it yet, due to lack of time. I really wanna watch the whole thing in one go, so I need a good chunk of uninterrupted time to do so.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJake View Post

should have it in a few days. i found it on [link removed] and downloading it now. from what i seen on youtube it looks pretty good. i hope it comes out good when it's done. will let you all know.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 05-Feb-2009 at 09:43 AM.

United States
    So I take it that there is no official DVD yet?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    So I take it that there is no official DVD yet?
    Here you go, dude. Region 2 only so far, I'm afraid:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Set-Jai.../dp/B001CMV1GM

Undisclosed
    Yes I Picked up my copy from amazon and was very pleased with it.

It Really was a great watch and i reccomend any one to watch it, Besides Davina Cacal's ( sorry for spelling) terrible Terminator 2 Running lol

Man lives, in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit.....a DARKSIDE.

-Tales From The Darkside!

United States
    I watched it last night & was totally blown away. I posted my thoughts in the other thread HERE:

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...referrerid=106

Undisclosed
    great show which i would highly recommend

Undisclosed
    After reading this post I found it on the pirate bay and watched it. I thought it was really good. Wish they weren't runners, but I can accept it. Why do runners have to make that noise though? That's a whole topic itself. Over all, I recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it yet. I've watched it twice in 2 days, so obviously I find it entertaining. Excellent, when you consider this is a tv mini-series.