Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free NRA membership

United States

Free NRA membership

http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/ The NRA is currently offering a free 1 year membership to new members. Includes a subscription to their magazine (1st freedom, American Hunter, or American Rifleman). Figure there are several HPOTD members here who might be interested.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    Cool, thanks. I will definately consider it. How much is it usually for each year?

United States
    Gross, but thanks for the offer i guess!
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Super Moderator

United States
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm usually pretty careful about such memberships, but I'll definitely give it a look.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    done. thanks for the info. i've been meaning to do this forever.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Wait, people actually pay money to be part of the NRA?

Crazy...

United States
    I'm already a Lifer.

-stray-

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Wait, people actually pay money to be part of the NRA?

Crazy...
    What, you get magazine subscriptions for free? Where? I sure don't. I have to pay for them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    Gross, but thanks for the offer i guess!
    what is "gross" about this? it's not like he posted a pic of some fat ass kid eating his own boogers.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    The NRA in general in my opinion is silly.

I'm a gunner owner of a couple assault rifles and side arms. I just find the whole "we need guns to take out the government thing" a little silly. I'm also in the military, and while I haven't been over there the large majority of my comrades have.

8 years of Afghanistan and Iraq against semi professional trained insane suicidal assholes, and you think that you and your half inbred brother are going to stop martial law with a barret .50 cal and a Ak47.

There just a bit to extreme for me, hunting rifles are okay, pistols are fine too as long as you have proper safety and training courses. Theirs no need for fully automatic 90 round drum mags (Even though I'll admit I'm a bit of a hypocrite as I own a 90 round drum mag. Ha)

/End rant

United States

I'm a gunner owner of a couple assault rifles and side arms. I just find the whole "we need guns to take out the government thing" a little silly. I'm also in the military, and while I haven't been over there the large majority of my comrades have.

8 years of Afghanistan and Iraq against semi professional trained insane suicidal assholes, and you think that you and your half inbred brother are going to stop martial law with a barret .50 cal and a Ak47.

There just a bit to extreme for me, hunting rifles are okay, pistols are fine too as long as you have proper safety and training courses. Theirs no need for fully automatic 90 round drum mags (Even though I'll admit I'm a bit of a hypocrite as I own a 90 round drum mag. Ha)

/End rant
    What does all of this mean?

-stray-

United States
    that the NRA is a gross

sorta like a fat ass kid eating his own boogers haha. But I have no intention of starting a flame war, Just pm me if that wasn't clear.

United States

I'm a gunner owner of a couple assault rifles and side arms. I just find the whole "we need guns to take out the government thing" a little silly.
    I think you're mistaken here. NRA does not endorse "taking out the government".

It is primarily a lobbying group intent on protecting the pre-existing right of the people to keep and bear arms, which is recognized -- though not granted -- by the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

How is that silly?

-stray-

Undisclosed
    Fricking great, a guy who is supposedly military saying "we" dont need particular firearms but he delights in them. He further insinuates we can't use them to full and accurate effectiveness. Ok. No problem. I'll take a Ruger model 1 or a Remington 45.70 rolling block and see who hits who. Obviously, Im the underdog against such trained and well equiped forces. Bah.

Sorry if Im pissy but Im on the Texas and Mexico border and the middle of the bloody drug wars so a cock fight over who is badder ass is a bit boring.

War Stray and you other old farts!

Quote Originally Posted by Crappingbear View Post
    Fricking great, a guy who is supposedly military saying "we" dont need particular firearms but he delights in them. He further insinuates we can't use them to full and accurate effectiveness. Ok. No problem. I'll take a Ruger model 1 or a Remington 45.70 rolling block and see who hits who. Obviously, Im the underdog against such trained and well equiped forces. Bah.

Sorry if Im pissy but Im on the Texas and Mexico border and the middle of the bloody drug wars so a cock fight over who is badder ass is a bit boring.

War Stray and you other old farts!
    Is my other old Texas pal, Devil Dog, still around??
    Last edited by Crappingbear; 27-Mar-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    I think that it is interesting that he is in the military, yet doesn't seem to understand the basic principle behind the people's right to keep and bear arms. I thought all soldiers were required to swear an oath to protect the US Constitution.

His statement that "hunting rifles are okay" is also way off the mark. The 2nd Amendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting (or sporting shooting, or home defense for that matter).

I'm not "flaming" this guy but I'm wondering, in the unlikely event that martial law were declared, would he take joy in "mowing" half-inbred civilians down with his 90-round drum while "only following orders"?

As for Devil Dog: haven't seen him around here in years.

-stray-