Thread: Finally they make a good dvd of this movie

Dead

Undisclosed

Finally they make a good dvd of this movie

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...lypse-now.html

I've been waiting a while for this one to come out. Now if only Coppola would make a 5 disc release of Jack

United States
    Awesome. I hope they include "Hearts of Darkness" along with it, which is one of the best film docs ever produced. Great, great news. Thanks for posting!

United States
    Given the choice I'd rather watch the theatrical cut of Apocalypse Now.

The surf board theft and scenes with the bunnies are fun, but they also diminish the overall impact of the film. Col Killgore goes from a tough as nails AirCav commander to a whiny bitch. The Chief and the boat crew not only steal, but later take advantage of the situation to literally **** over the playboy models.

The entire french holdouts sequence slows down the film way too much. After seeing the "Directors Cut" in theaters a few years ago, this is one instance where the theatrical version is a "better" picture.

Christmas Island
    My only questions are: does Coppola finally leave the airstrike on the temple scene in during the end credits instead of as a supplement and does he finally present the film in 2.35:1 as it should look? I know it was filmed in 2.0:1 but 2.35 gives Apoc Now the epic look it deserves.