Thread: 'BioShock 2' Finally Has A Release Date

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Exclamation 'BioShock 2' Finally Has A Release Date

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...ease-Date.html

What's shocking to me is not the release date but the fact that you guys across the pond are actually going to one up us on something in the gaming dept.!!!

Hooray for progress!! I know, I know, but remember guys: Bay Steps.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    If it wasn't for CODMW2 coming out 10 days later, I would have bought it up straight away - or if it was October 1st or something. As such, it's going on my Xmas list instead.

But then seemingly we'll have the GTA IV DLC on a disc (WOO-fuckin'-HOO!!!!! ), but I don't know when that's out - I'll have to, once again, juggle my gaming come Autumn/Winter - if only they'd pimp more stuff out in the summer, or spread it around a little, you get these dry periods, and then all of a sudden you're being deluged with quality games - you don't have enough time and money to buy them all immediately, so you end up staggering your purchases. It's just annoying.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...ease-Date.html

What's shocking to me is not the release date but the fact that you guys across the pond are actually going to one up us on something in the gaming dept.!!!

Hooray for progress!! I know, I know, but remember guys: Bay Steps.

actually its not uncommon for games to come out in england a day before the u.s, i rmemeber the trolls of the gametrailers forums whent apeshit because the last 2 handheld zeldas came out 2 days before the states

-as for bioshock, fuck yeah!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    if only they'd pimp more stuff out in the summer, or spread it around a little, you get these dry periods, and then all of a sudden you're being deluged with quality games - you don't have enough time and money to buy them all immediately, so you end up staggering your purchases. It's just annoying.

Well, as usual the almighty dollar is behind it. They figure they can make more money during the holidays, so our summers are filled with mostly x box live offerings to tide us over.

One game I can remember that kicked ass that was also released during the summer, end of August to be exact, was Bioshock. But that seems to be the rule and not the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    actually its not uncommon for games to come out in england a day before the u.s, i rmemeber the trolls of the gametrailers forums whent apeshit because the last 2 handheld zeldas came out 2 days before the states

-as for bioshock, fuck yeah!

I stand corrected Sir Hells, (That has a nice ring to it , don't it?)

Sidebar: Is that whole getting knighted thing a big deal to you guys?

Either way since you get it first means you have to review it for us. I anxiously await the thoughts of our brothers from England on this one.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    I anxiously await the thoughts of our brothers from England on this one.
    Most likely you'll get my boner-related review around Xmas, unless I suddenly feel flush and decide to splash the cash even with MW2 coming out less than 2 weeks later (i.e. take a BioShock 2 holiday by playing MW2 when it arrives).

But I duno - if the GTA IV DLC disc comes out at the end of September, I'll no doubt be still jizz'plodin' all over that up to and beyond the release of MW2 ... and then after all that I can fully dedicate my gaming time to BS2.

But still - gotta give BS1 a second play through - at least I have a time frame now.

Speaking of games, I wonder when Battlefield Bad Company 2 comes out...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I fell the same way. When a a sequel comes out I make it a point to play the original. There are two main reasons for this:

1) To get familiar with the controls and storyline.

2) To more effectively judge the sequel in terms of technological leaps from the last game, other tweaks/improvements etc...

I feel the same way. When a a sequel comes out I make it a point to play the original. There are two main reasons for this:

1) To get familiar with the controls and storyline.

2) To more effectively judge the sequel in terms of technological leaps from the last game, other tweaks/improvements etc...

Last edited by darth los; 27-May-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh god, try playing halo before halo 2, THAT is a chore and a half.

Super Moderator

UK
    Prior to COD5 coming out I went back to COD1 - bloody nora - memory lane time, but cor blimey, they've not half improved since then.

Even COD2 isn't as awesome as it used to be, but then again it's a few years old now, and I played the ass out of that game.

COD3 ... well ...
    COD4 - still awesome, even though I've played it an assload of times.
    COD5 - not bad actually.

So yeah, point being I did a retrospective jaunt through the COD games prior to COD5, but I just couldn't be arsed much in the end. I did all of COD1 and 4 at least.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

I agree. I believe a big reason for that is that Halo came in the x box's infancy. By the time the sequel was released there was such a big leap in technology that the first game felt like it belonged on the ps1, imo. In other words it was dated.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I agree. I believe a big reason for that is that Halo came in the x box's infancy. By the time the sequel was released there was such a big leap in technology that the first game felt like it belonged on the ps1, imo. In other words it was dated.

plus halo 2 was a vastly superior game, you were runing through african ruins and leaping rooftops to climb a scarab and defeat its crew, you were racing down highways in co-op with friends in ghosts blasting those long deployment vehicles, i could ramble on but i love that game so much more in the first and it brought the nice change of pace of playing as a second protagonist who wasnt a generic silent douchebag.