Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wooley Speculation

United States

Wooley Speculation

I must give credit for this thread. The following quote gave me an idea:

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid Stunts View Post
    Wooley,
    a true force of nature until Peter went all reparations on him.
    Well, we all saw what happened to our "hero". But one question should be asked:

If nobody interfered with him, just what would Wooley have done?

Was he going to blast everybody in the tenement? Would he then go out into the street and massacre all of Philadelphia? Was he really insane, or just going after the -ahem- "niggers and spics" because he thought he could get away with some hate crime due to the situation?

So, "what would Wooley do"?

England
    I think he was just gonna roll through the place and blast anything that didn't look like Phily SWAT/PD/National Guard.

He was a bloke with "anger management issues" IMO.

Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    WWWD?

damn too bad I didn't think of that

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Yeah, I reckon he was probably a beat cop (or even a volunteer ex-Vietnam vet), with a bee in his bonnet about immigrants, who got drafted into the corpse disposal corps along with Rod Tucker, the suicide kid and all those other n00bs. The shit hit the fan and in the chaos he got a taste of killing, decided he quite liked it (or got flashbacks to My Lai) and started shooting "low lives". I guess he figured there would be no consequences, being that society was on the verge of collapsing anyway.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, we have seen through various major disasters that when societal norms break down the true nature of humans come to the surface. Without anything keeping his behavior in check we see what Wooley was really about.

That man had a hard on from the get go about blasting him some "low lives".

Which is interesting, because Wooley freely admits that their standard of living was better than his.

Couple that with his abhorent racist behavior and one can see who the lowlife truly was.

EPIC.

FAIL.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I think he was just gonna roll through the place and blast anything that didn't look like Phily SWAT/PD/National Guard.
    He would've done this until someone else shot or tackled him. I don't think he would have made it much longer if Peter and Roger had failed.

United States
    I think he was just really determined to find himself a bigger place to live. ("Shit man, this is better than I got!") He just went all aggressive negotiations and all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I think he was just really determined to find himself a bigger place to live. ("Shit man, this is better than I got!") He just went all aggressive negotiations and all.
    Exactly my point !!

He was probably trying to clean house that way he could have the succession rights to their apartments.

Hey, I work for attorney's, alot of grimier things have happened. Trust me.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    So the consensus seems to be that after the "mission" was over inside the building, Wooley would just pretty much stop and "go back to normal"?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    So the consensus seems to be that after the "mission" was over inside the building, Wooley would just pretty much stop and "go back to normal"?
    Difficult to say, but I'd say there are two possibilities:

1) Wooley had a strong passive-aggressive, self-destructive streak that boiled from latent resentment into overt violence thanks to the extreme circumstances. In this case he probably wouldn't go back to normal and would have kept on blasting away until he got himself killed by a team-mate, an armed civilian, a zombie, or otherwise thanks his own maniacal loss of sanity (think of this as the Columbine-type Wooley), or;

2) Wooley had serious anger management issues. An outwardly normal, mild-mannered Joe most of the time except when his repressed inner frustration and hatred bursts free at very occasional intervals like a geyser. In the past, this might have manifested itself as himself beating up a spouse or trashing a shop display when the assistant told him the store had run out of eggs, but in the stressful and possibly repercussion-free situation of raiding a zombie-infested apartment block, it took the form of a killing spree. In this scenario, had he got away with it, he probably would have simmered down eventually, suffered the guilt of knowing what he did, until the next time the rage breaks loose. Think of this as kinda like the Junior Rennie-type Wooley (if you've read Under the Dome).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I don't think anyone who experienced what they were going through would ever go back to normal. Look at what was happening even around wooley. The rookie Rod tucker almost tossing his cookies because he was so nervous, the young swat guy who offed himself. Shit even the tenants, actually keeping their dead around after they knew what they would become.

All these irrational behaviors are signs of various stress disorders. So, since things will never go back to the way they were, (For all intents and purposes eveyone who dies will come back fro now on) it's doubtful ayone would get better, only worse.

Imo, whoever didn't die in the the first 6 months - a year would have had a much better chance of getting past all this psychologically. Over time they would have become more jaded to it all and just accepted it, alot like we saw in LOTD.

Super Moderator

United States
    It all went downhill for Wooley after his application to the Dept. of U.S. Border Patrol was turned down.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    It all went downhill for Wooley after his application to the Dept. of U.S. Border Patrol was turned down.
    The poor guy had pinned ALL his hopes on that one job!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

When we do the member awards 2010, someone remind me to nominate that for quote of the year!

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Commissioning 5 X 12 WWWD bumper stickers
    (beats the shit out of we are going to eat you!)

BUY NOW