Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Mega Millions lottery at $325,000,000... What would you do with the money?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

US Mega Millions lottery at $325,000,000... What would you do with the money?

So, may of us have played the lottery, or some kind of sweepstakes in hopes of one day making it on easy street, and I am sure we have all had our list of things we want to do with the money.

So here is your chance to tell the world, with no ridicule, scorn or laughter what you would do with $325 million dollars.

Since I am asking the question i will go first.

I would definitely take the money and do the following.

1. Pay off my home
    2. Pay off my car
    3. get my mom the health care she needs
    4. help the most dire in my family.
    5. splurge on some new toys
    6. Put some cash up tomake my ultimate Deadlands film

But the One thing I really want to do... and this relates to a thread here about NY state giving low income families $200 towards school supplies is...

7. I want to rent an 18 wheeler, and load it up with as much as I can fit inside of it with school supplies. I want to travel the US and hit every city, town nook and cranny i can find, and give each low income child, all the school supplies they are going to need for the school year.

New Book Bag
    Pens
    Pencils
    Papers
    Folders
    Pretty much everything they need, to make sure they get through school

I then want to also help families hit hardest by the recession. Help them back onto their feet, some way some how, but also add into that hitting up homeless shelters in hardest hit areas to fund them enough for at least one year, giving them tons of supplies like soap, toothpaste, clothes, bedding, furniture, to help people feel a bit of normalcy in this current crazy and off spun world.

Possibly also set aside a few million to help place a family that is struggling to get things going. Rent them a home or apartment for one year in an area that has work available to them, and provide them a chance to get back on their feet.

Things like that would make me very happy, and it would be something I woudl want to do if I won that much money.

Right now, I recently donated a huge bag of clothes and hit the dollar tree to buy enough toiletries for 3 families to use and ggave them to the local homeless shelter, but I wish i could do tons more, and if I won this I would make sure it is on the top of my list of things to do within the first day of getting the money.

I would literally quit work and road trip the US to get this done, and the messed up part is, I wouldn't even care if I went broke doing all of that.

So what about you guys?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Well, If I may quote Office Space here. . . . "I dream of doing. . . nothing"

I feel that winning the lottery could help me realize that dream.

Keep hope alive!!!

"When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

ViP

United States
    I shudder to think of the Howard Hughes-esque life I would lead should I attain that type of money.

Christmas Island
    Don't know fully what I'd do with the money from MM but I know one thing, I'd never have to work for an asshole employer ever again and that's good enough.
    Last edited by MaximusIncredulous; 28-Aug-2009 at 04:38 AM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    help some family out, get season tickets to the packers, pay off bills, buy/quit my job, build my own sports arena get in the hollywood scene for the sole purpose of bedding kelly clarkson

United States
    Create a radical Jewish mercenary army to fight blackwater, a radical christian mercenary group.

We'll do it in.

Kathmandu.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The truth is you better invest as much as you can when you win. Otherwise Uncle Sam's gonna come in and take it away. They don't just GIVE you the money...
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Aug-2009 at 12:12 PM.

Undisclosed
    Uncle Sam takes half of it before you even get it...then you can invest the rest and simply live off of the interest or income from it. I plan to replace my shoes with Kleenex boxes (note I say "I Plan" because I am going to win it) then grow my finger nails really long and lock myself up inside my house and never go outside again. Then again the world would probably end the day I scratch!

Administrator

England
    You could keep a $100,000,000 in the knowledge that you and your family will be set up for generations to come...

The rest you could give away... Sweeeeeet!

Ideally I'd keep it quiet and not let anyone know I had it... Although I suspect people would wonder about the sudden fleet of sports cars and the $5,000,000 mansion
    Last edited by Neil; 28-Aug-2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Although the UK lottery tends to have smaller jackpot than the American one, all of its prizes are, in fact, 100% tax free (because it's run on government commission and part of ticket price goes towards "good causes" - essentially a form of tax itself).

But if I had £200,000,000, which is roughly what the above translates to in Pounds Sterling, then I'd first of all buy a house for every member of my family who does not already own a home. And never having to pay rent again will be my gift to them. I would then give about a third of the remainder to various charities and invest in research into fusion power. I would also start a film production and distribution company, partly to fund and produce various scripts that I have written over the years.

And I'd buy a jetski.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Although the UK lottery tends to have smaller jackpot than the American one, all of its prizes are, in fact, 100% tax free (because it's run on government commission and part of ticket price goes towards "good causes" - essentially a form of tax itself).

But if I had £200,000,000, which is roughly what the above translates to in Pounds Sterling, then I'd first of all buy a house for every member of my family who does not already own a home. And never having to pay rent again will be my gift to them. I would then give about a third of the remainder to various charities and invest in research into fusion power. I would also start a film production and distribution company, partly to fund and produce various scripts that I have written over the years.

And I'd buy a jetski.
    I'd buy Tony Stark's jet as seen in Iron Man... The air hostesses would have to be included of course!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    buy a mansion, fund some movies, buy some swank ass film equipment, pay off the familys and friends bills, give a shitload to charitys, save the rest for bills, travel and shit, what mor ecould you want?

-oh yeah, large half meat feast, half veggie volcano form dominoes with a 2 litre diet coke and a copy of blues brothers on dvd.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Uncle Sam takes half of it before you even get it...then you can invest the rest and simply live off of the interest or income from it.
    I've heard differently. A local man around here hit the lotto a few years back and ended up investing it quickly as he said they were still taxing him for it. Anyway....it doesn't matter. I'm taking all of the fun out of the topic.

If I had that much money...I would start with helping my family out with some stuff they need, then I would buy all the musical equipment that I've ever wanted or needed, and after that I would get into some real estate and spend the rest of my life spending.

Undisclosed
    You see this is the trick of the lottery people...this is an amortized amount. That means if you took it in the 20 year payout that they recomend you would eventually receive, at the current cost of living...i.e. inflation and interest rates, 230 mil. However if you take it all now it is reduced and treated as ordinary income so taxes would be deducted.

You see this is the trick of the lottery people...this is an amortized amount. That means if you took it in the 20 year payout that they recommend you would eventually receive, at the current cost of living...i.e. inflation and interest rates, 230 mil. However if you take it all now it is reduced and treated as ordinary income so taxes would be deducted.
    Last edited by Skippy911sc; 28-Aug-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    World domination!!!