Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roman Polanski... Oh dear!

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    note to self: when living in exile, always check the extradition laws of the country you are going to enter.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Why is it that everyone who was cool in the 1970s turned out to be a paedophile?

I wonder if Shia LeBouf, Justin Timberlake and the Paul Thomas Anderson will all be known sex offenders in the thirty years time.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 27-Sep-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Why is it that everyone who was cool in the 1970s turned out to be a paedophile?

I wonder if Shia LeBouf, Justin Timberlake and the Paul Thomas Anderson will all be known sex offenders in the thirty years time.
    i had no idea shia lebouf or justin timberlake were cool. i'll give you paul thomas anderson though.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i had no idea shia lebouf or justin timberlake were cool. i'll give you paul thomas anderson though.
    Well... granted, they're not cool, but they are (or were) trendy. Gary Glitter was never truly "cool" in the strict sense either, but I'd include him in the above statement.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Well... granted, they're not cool, but they are (or were) trendy. Gary Glitter was never truly "cool" in the strict sense either, but I'd include him in the above statement.
    to be totally honest, i have very little idea about who shia lebeouf is. i know he was in the last indy movie but beyond that...

gary glitter was always a strange little man. i wasn't too terribly shocked by the news. i've always wondered about folks who go by gimmicky stage names, in fact the whole stage name thing is kinda pretentious, unless you have a name like maurice mickelwhite (michael caine's real name) or marion morrison (john wayne's real name). i don't think you'll find many tough guy, action stars named marion.
    Last edited by Mike70; 27-Sep-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Scotland
    to be totally honest, i have very little idea about who shia lebeouf is. i know he was in the last indy movie but beyond that...

gary glitter was always a strange little man. i wasn't too terribly shocked by the news.
    Yeah, I just plucked LeBouf out of my head at random as a trendy "down with the kids" actor. He was in Transformers too, I think.

capncnut
    Roman Polanski - talented filmmaker, terrible babysitter.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    He was in Transformers too, I think.
    never seen it. come to think of it there's a whole host of newer films i've never seen.

Dying

Undisclosed
    Also, Susan Atkins died this week.

Scotland
    never seen it. come to think of it there's a whole host of newer films i've never seen.
    Me neither. I find the idea of a serious young-adult scifi-thriller based on a campy series of cartoon kiddies toy commercials from the 80s to be patently ridiculous. At the end of the day, it's still basically just a truck turning into a fucking stupid robot!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by major jay View Post
    The Manson follower? Well being denied parole 20 odd times would be enough to kill anyone.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by major jay View Post
    good riddance. i'm gonna have a drink to celebrate.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Roman Polanski - talented filmmaker, terrible babysitter.
    Just a bit of understatement you think?

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan