Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roman Polanski... Oh dear!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    damn, was that self-righteous or what?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Kazakhstan
    They should leave him alone, it's not like he raped a 13 year old or anything
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    They should leave him alone, it's not like he raped a 13 year old or anything
    true, but i think that since the victim wants the whole matter dropped her wishes ought to be respected. she wants this to go away and is tired of all the hoopla around her children.

granted she was a juvenile (and had zero say as to whether charges would be brought) at the time but now she's in her 40s and if she doesn't want this to proceed it ought to be dismissed.

Kazakhstan
    Nah I want weed but that doesn't mean my weed dealers aren't guilty of a crime. I think this case is more about maintaining a moral standard & not setting any worrying precedents
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Why is it that everyone who was cool in the 1970s turned out to be a paedophile?

I wonder if Shia LeBouf, Justin Timberlake and the Paul Thomas Anderson will all be known sex offenders in the thirty years time.
    Good question.

However, things like this rarely come aout at the height of a person's celebrity. So 30 years from it's not out of the realm of possibility.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I find myself agreeing very much with this excerpt from the article Neil posted:

Most disgracefully of all, Polanski's "genius" is placed in the balance. He has, perhaps, directed some good films. That is, however, entirely irrelevant. All should be equal before the law. If Polanski were not a "genius" film-director, but just another absconded sex-offender, no-one would consider it wrong to arrest him now. Rather, the only criticism would be that he had not been arrested sooner. The double standard being exhibited here by Hollywood's finest is shocking. But then one remembers that the sexual exploitation of young women has long been commonplace in the movie industry. That too, though, is no excuse.
    Sure, he's a very talented filmmaker. But dude. 13. And, as I hope most of you have realized by now, I have how Romanov's get special treatment. 90 years ago, my comrades fought against these kind of people and this kind of special treatment!

United States
    If it was YOUR 13 year old daughter would you
    think he should be held legally accountable
    or would you be honored such a famous director
    chose your child to have sex with?

In todays star fucker society the parents
    would have pressed for her to be a lead in
    his next feature.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    to be totally honest - if it were my kid, i'd kill polanski where he stood in the coldest blood i could summon and i wouldn't think i'd done anything wrong.

my point isn't that polanski is special. it is the fact that this woman is now in her 40s and wants the whole thing dropped because of what all the hoopla is doing to her family. that's what i'm saying. the victim is now an adult and if she isn't willing to pursue this, i fail to see why anyone else would be up in arms about it. it was done to her not anyone else. her privacy and wishes ought to be taken into consideration.
    Last edited by Mike70; 28-Sep-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Roman Polanski - talented filmmaker, terrible babysitter.

Saw an article on this the other day and have to agree with Scip about the victim having the right to just drop it. I don't know if it's the right decision, but I think it's her choice to make.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post

In todays star fucker society the parents
    would have pressed for her to be a lead in
    his next feature.
    Mate, you do realise modern technology will AUTOWRAP your text? You're not type on a typewriter you know! Look! This line autowraps onto the next line all by itself!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States

Smile

LOL

Ok.
    Once again I will explain my admittedly
    odd syntax when posting.

I have a severe case of astigmatism.

a·stig·ma·tism- n. A visual defect in which the unequal curvature of one or more refractive surfaces of the eye, usually the cornea, prevents light rays from focusing clearly at one point on the retina, resulting in blurred vision.

most of the time if i type a line too long
    then i cant read it as i lose focus, and it makes it difficult
    to read long lines as my eyes blur and i often will
    re-read the same line over and over.

As I said before, its not some poetic style or
    way of being cool, its how it is easiest for me
    to read and write posts most of the times.

some days my eyes arent as bad, other days
    they are.

But i do thank you for the technical info on
    autowrap and informing me i'm not using a
    typewriter.
    I will write that info down in case i forget.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    wow, well I've learnt something new today Kortick I've always kinda wondered about your "odd syntax"...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Kazakhstan
    I prefer Kortick's unusual line breaks to epic unparagraphed infodumps anyday

By the way polanski fed this girl booze and drugs before shagging AND sodomising her, and the whole time she protested.

Enough time has passed? I'd like to see if Polanski feels the same way about Nazi War Criminals! Haha!

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    good riddance. i'm gonna have a drink to celebrate.
    Sad to hear that anyone has died, but Atkins did some evil shit and therefore deserved to stay in jail until she died.

Polanski allegedly did some evil shit too, andif true then he deserves to pay for his crime as well.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    I prefer Kortick's unusual line breaks to epic unparagraphed infodumps anyday

By the way polanski fed this girl booze and drugs before shagging AND sodomising her, and the whole time she protested.

Enough time has passed? I'd like to see if Polanski feels the same way about Nazi War Criminals! Haha!
    Aye he was quick to jump on them in "the pianist" (which was admittedly a decent film)
    I cant wait to see him squirm as he's sentenced though,serves the filthy twat damn well right!as long as his fame doesnt cloud the judges verdict