Thread: Nintendo Celebrates 120th Birthday !!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Post Nintendo Celebrates 120th Birthday !!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Very cool article. It takes me back. Thanks, Darth.
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Oct-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    shame to see em go senile in there old age...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Very cool article. It takes me back. Thanks, Darth.
    Any time.

I actually learned alot of things i didn't know about Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    shame to see em go senile in there old age...
    I hope that isn't true.

All i know is that for the next gen they better step it up because they have alot of loyal gamers very disenchanted with their product.

Truthfully I feel Ignored by them. Like they don't really make games for me or people like me any more.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

I hope that isn't true.

All i know is that for the next gen they better step it up because they have alot of loyal gamers very disenchanted with their product.

Truthfully I feel Ignored by them. Like they don't really make games for me or people like me any more.

http://kotaku.com/5372065/wii-update...ling-wiis-dead

latest wii update is bricking wii's

I WARNED THEM, BUT NOBODY WOULD LISTEN!!!
    Last edited by Danny; 01-Oct-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    http://kotaku.com/5372065/wii-update...ling-wiis-dead

latest wii update is bricking wii's

I WARNED THEM, BUT NOBODY WOULD LISTEN!!!

How many of them do you think are really "virgins"?

It might not have anything to do with it at all.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Pity they have nothing to celebrate it like Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M and Zelda Wii which are due for release next year.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    Pity they have nothing to celebrate it like Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M and Zelda Wii which are due for release next year.

NAmes like those mean something to real gamers. The casual audience they have dumped us in favor of probably doesn't even know what the hell a super mario brother is, let alone are going to make a big fuss about it.

United States
    NES, SNES, and nothing else for me, thanks. Never cared to get anything from N64 onward.

But 1985 to 1995 was the greatest run in videogame history. I could play all those old games forever, and not need any of the modern games.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    NES, SNES, and nothing else for me, thanks. Never cared to get anything from N64 onward.

But 1985 to 1995 was the greatest run in videogame history. I could play all those old games forever, and not need any of the modern games.

I would expand that to about 1998 which would include Tomb Raider, RE 1 & 2, Ocarina of time and Sm 64. These were also some of the greatest games of all time and as the article pointed out was the last quantum leap in innovation that we have seen.

I don't think we can discount the big deal that going from 2D to 3D was/is.

United States
    I don't much care about 3D. Sure, games like Tomb Raider (which you don't need a Nintendo console for, anyway) are great, but I don't "need" them.

The list of great 2D games from the NES and SNES is a mile long. No matter how technically advanced games get, the Super Metroids and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!s and Super Mario Worlds and Legend of Zeldas of the world will always still be fun. Which is a MAJOR factor missing from a lot of modern games. They may look pretty, they may be "realistic", but they suck the fun out of them. Playing through a lot of them is more like "work".

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I don't much care about 3D. Sure, games like Tomb Raider (which you don't need a Nintendo console for, anyway) are great, but I don't "need" them.

The list of great 2D games from the NES and SNES is a mile long. No matter how technically advanced games get, the Super Metroids and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!s and Super Mario Worlds and Legend of Zeldas of the world will always still be fun. Which is a MAJOR factor missing from a lot of modern games.

Damn man, how can I debate that!?!

That's like arguing against someone who says they support the troops.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Banjo-Kazooie was super fun! I think after Rare stopped making new stuff... and Pokemon had been around a few years... yeah, games just stopped being cool... I could play THPS4 forever, though. On the Gamecube, of course.