Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: your dream weapon

Christmas Island
    It has been 5 years since the living dead destroyed your world, and you have been in hiding too long! it is time to take vengence apon the ghouls who ate your family and friends! you are looting through a gunshop, and while picking a pistol from below the counter, you accidentally finger a button that opens a trap door beneath you. you fall into a room filled with every kind of weapon imaginable! this must have been the previous owners secret stash! then on the shelf to you left, you a spot a shiny brand new (AH-64 Apache) with a nice big box of ammo next to it. its time to show those undead bastards whose boss!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

a battle axe and a war hammer

a battle axe and a war hammer for that close in work. an automatic rifle of some sort for long range. i would try avoiding using guns as much as possible to avoid drawing even more zombies to my location. using a battle axe or hammer might involve a bit more risk, since you would have to get quite close to the zombies but i think the risk is balanced out by the reduction in noise.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    deadman_delux i just realized... ur gun has boobs

Canada
    close to mid range - g36 , sig 550 , steyr aug, ak-74
    mid - long range - m-14

dont like .223 to much, but cant beat ammo capacity .

.308 for long range

sidearm socom .45 or high cap glock .

honestly the situations would very from urban compabt to long range country shooting like dawn that u need both . i even be so incliined to carry a small sub gun for those close quarter combat situation.

i be the hillbilly drink beer and shooting zombies .

Banned User

United States
    I made a similar post about this not too long ago.

In the end, I think I'd go with a BAR.

http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/browning.htm

It's sturdy, reliable, has a decent ammo capacity, and is fairly accurate...and it fires a .30-06.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie

It's sturdy, reliable, has a decent ammo capacity, and is fairly accurate...and it fires a .30-06.

Data for M1918A2
    Caliber: 7.62x63mm (.30-06 M2)
    Weight: 8.8 kg empty
    Length: 1214 mm
    Length of barrel: 610 mm
    Feeding: detachable box magazine, 20 rounds
    Rate of fire: 450 or 650 rounds/min, selectable

'But the BAR M1918 was way too heavy for a shoulder fired weapon, being more that 2 times heavier than a bolt-action Springfield M1903 rifle and exactly 2 times heavier than a latter M1 Garand semiautomatic rifle. On the other hand, it was too light to be controllable in full automatic mode, especially when firing such a powerful round from a shouldered unsupported position.'

i think you get eaten pretty fast.

Undisclosed
    I'd use a... combination AK-57 Oozy Radar Lazer Triple-Barreled Double-Scoped Heat-Seeking Interswamp Radioactive Scudbusting 30-30 10-gig side-by-each over-and-under missile launching flame throwing shotgun with cruise control.

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie

Well I hate to say I kinda agree, but I would rather just have a 30-06 due to the of accuracy of the weapon. Plus with a long range scope it would be called see but don't be seen.

United States
    A strong guy could manage, but most people would have trouble with a BAR. It's a heavier mg, and would pose problems to anyone. Maybe it's just me, but I dont think any type of mg is a soid choice againt zombies. I say a shotgun for close quarters fighting and dispatching hordes of cadavers, and some type of semi automatic rifle..maybe an old M1 Garand or something. Just my two cents.

Paranoia Agent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A break from reality! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Paranoia nurtures him!

Undisclosed
    I'd take an M14 or Ruger mini 14, whichever the A Team uses. If it's good enough for Mr T it's good enough for me.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by a1150
    I'd take an M14 or Ruger mini 14, whichever the A Team uses. If it's good enough for Mr T it's good enough for me.

they were mini-14 gb with factory folders. those guns can take a beating but the accuracy is sub par fooooo...........jk

Canada
    An imperial Boltgun.

a gun that can fire self propelled bolts that explode inside the target a split second after entering it. totally awesome...but it'd be easier if I were a space marine...the recoil is a bitch.

United States
    Just ge me inside a fully-enclosed MK.VII Astartes Armor and put a chainsword in hand and I'm ready to rock and o'roll.

"I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

United States
    I had always thought that a good weapons for up close combat would be a super expensive nail gun. Nails could be found at half the stores around, WalMArt, KMart, Ace hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, mom and pop hardware stores, etc. I am sure there are a lot more nails around than bullets, and in a zombie plague situation more people would take bulelts than nails. So one of those nail guns that shoot the nails so hard they would fly thru the air, and thru the brain, of an attacking zombie.

Canada
    Ahh, but Tullaryx, do you have the black carapace implanted? otherwise you can't interface properly with the armour. Heh...

Tactical Dreadnaut armour is teh way to go. Fully enclosed, and a full exoskeleton of adamantium rods to increase and supplement the wearers strength. gimmie that, a power fist and an assault cannon and you won't have anymore zombies.

Also, if I am overcome with visions of my beloved Primarch, I may enter the black rage amd become unstoppable in battle.

By the Blood of Sanguinius!