Thread: Left 4 Dead 2 getting $25 million ad campaign!?!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Post Left 4 Dead 2 getting $25 million ad campaign!?!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/s...idebar;title;1

I know this game is a big deal but 25 million!?! That's huge. Anyone know how that compares to other game adverts like halo and GOW?

GAr must be thinking, "do you know the film I could make if I had free reign & 25 million to back me up, let alone on advertising!?!"

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I believe Gabe Newell said that preorders for L4D2 are tracking at 300% higher than it's predecessor, and they fully expect it to be Valve's biggest and most successful game to date.

The final two campaigns revealed, a shopping mall (FINALLY!) and what looks to be a rundown water treatement plant or factory:

Here's another for good measure:

Last edited by CoinReturn; 11-Oct-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    so have they got all 5 campaigns announced?, i can only think of 4, the 3 above and the parish, im sure they announced a mountain hotel one, is that the 5th one?
    Last edited by Danny; 11-Oct-2009 at 09:16 PM.

United States
    Well, there aren't any mountains in Louisiana, so I'm not sure how they'd get away with that one, but here are the other two I know of:

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually if memory serves the hotel is in dark carnival.

Canada
    As much as I really dislike the Fresh Princes dad and Ed Norton being in this video game, I am defiantly going to have to buy it.

Hopefully they give us more then some dumb survival mode and a tiny campaign for DLC though.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    LOL @ "you must be this tall....TO DIE!"
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    As much as I really dislike the Fresh Princes dad and Ed Norton being in this video game, I am defiantly going to have to buy it.

Hopefully they give us more then some dumb survival mode and a tiny campaign for DLC though.
    how can you not like uncle phil?!?, hes the new bill.

Super Moderator

United States
    Lookin' good! I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    LOL @ "you must be this tall....TO DIE!"
    That caught my eye too. Ahhh, the cheesiness of it all

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post

lol

I have a big feeling they will support the sequel on that front much more so than the original.

All things being equal though, for the amount of playtime i get out of left 4 dead the price is actual y nothing, imo.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"