Thread: The Dead Outside

United States

Question The Dead Outside

Anyone seen it? I know some don't consider films with neurological disorders zombie films but it looks good...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Norway
    I would see it if I got the chance. it looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcHbNA6hkZ8

Undisclosed
    Look promising. Hope it gets a DVD release soon.
    I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful and rich an expression of life as growth~
    Henry Miller

Super Moderator

United States
    Subsribed, as a reminder to myself to follow up on this!

Thanks for the info, Miss Jackson.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    So anyone seen it?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So anyone seen it?
    No, despite subscribing to the thread I completely forgot about this film. Looks like it hasn't been extremely well received though. It's out there though, so it shouldn't hopefully be too hard to find.

Looks like it got some 'critical' response, though:

Awards

* Special Jury Mention at the Festival Internazionale della Fantascienza di Trieste 2008 (aka. Science+Fiction)

* Golden Unicorn for Best Film and the Silver Unicorn for Best Director at the 10th Estepona International Horror and Fantasy Film Festival

Nominations

* BAFTA Scotland New Talent Awards (2009) in the categories of Best New Work, Director, Producer, and Writer

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Is this the Scottish one? I think I've heard about this. It's supposed to be pretty good.

Undisclosed
    I have seen it. It is not a bad movie but really slow. Light on the zombie action. It is not bad but not that good either. I liked Pontypool more.