Thread: Top 100 NES games of all time

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs up Top 100 NES games of all time

Great list. I would almost sell my soul to have that console and those games in mint condition. Any favs that didn't make the list?

Any god awful ones that you're glad you haven't even thought about in 20 Years?

http://www.ign.com/top-100-nes-games/

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Pretty good list but no inclusion of BAD NEWS BASEBALL ?!?!

And WTF is Zombie Nation doing on that list?! That game's terrible.

I still play some of those games a couple of times a year.

RC Pro AM brings back so many memories of wasting away Saturday morning, just playing that in my TMNT pajamas.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This list makes me want to get my NES out of the attic.....

Undisclosed
    I am going to take a guess that SMB 3 is 1# w/ Legend of Zelda close behind.

capncnut
    Ah, bless little Metal Gear. Who knew that cumbersome piece of dog shit would end up becoming one of the biggest franchises in videogame history.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I am going to take a guess that SMB 3 is 1# w/ Legend of Zelda close behind.
    nice guess.

i was glad to see that one of my fave games as a kid, river city ransom, made the top 20.

man i fucking loved that game....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This list makes me want to get my NES out of the attic.....

I was thinking the same thing myself. Then i figured i could just download most of them to my wii.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Pretty good list but no inclusion of BAD NEWS BASEBALL ?!?!

And WTF is Zombie Nation doing on that list?! That game's terrible.

I still play some of those games a couple of times a year.

RC Pro AM brings back so many memories of wasting away Saturday morning, just playing that in my TMNT pajamas.

That's part of the allure for me as well. Yes most of these are classic titles but these games are also tied to childhood memories which are priceless.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Why in the fuck is The Guardian Legend ranked at 87#??? That game should have been at least in the top 25. That's bullcrap. I have that game, still. It is a game that is best played with a joystick w/ turbo fire. They must have worn their fingers out on a regular NES pad.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Why in the fuck is The Guardian Legend ranked at 87#??? That game should have been at least in the top 25. That's bullcrap. I have that game, still. It is a game that is best played with a joystick w/ turbo fire. They must have worn their fingers out on a regular NES pad.

Well, with just two buttons it would figure that there would be games with plenty of button mashing.

It actually blows my mind that we got along with just an A and B button. I guess that goes to show that even simple game scane be great if done right.

Super Moderator

United States
    A lot of games on there I never even played, but some true classics from my childhood.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Well, with just two buttons it would figure that there would be games with plenty of button mashing.

It actually blows my mind that we got along with just an A and B button. I guess that goes to show that even simple game scane be great if done right.

I was fortunate enough to own the NES Advantage. Lifeforce, Contra series, Mega Man series, Blaster Master, and The Guardian Legend are must plays using a stick w/ rapid fire. More fun.

Super Moderator

United States
    I was fortunate enough to own the NES Advantage. Lifeforce, Contra series, Mega Man series, Blaster Master, and The Guardian Legend are must plays using a stick w/ rapid fire. More fun.
    You'd do lifelong damage to your digits playing life force without rapid fire, that I do remember!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I'd rather have Double Dragon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III, Gauntlet, Q*Bert, Commando, and a few others on there instead of shit like Duck Hunt and Fester's Quest.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Oh sure, rub it in why doncha?

Seriously, one of the big thrills of those games for me was playing them in the arcade and realizing that it had a counterpart on the NES, Begging my parents for it and being able to play it at home. (Although as we all know the NES versions of these games were different just because there wasn't the power in these consoles yet capable of replicating arecade images.)