Thread: BioShock 2 Story and Multiplayer Hands-On Impressions

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

BioShock 2 Story and Multiplayer Hands-On Impressions

In terms of atmosphere this has to be at or near the top of games I've ever played. I just hope they don't screw with the formula too much and ruin it.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...&mode=previews

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    I've yet to play Bioshock, if you can believe it. I actually plan to grab it over the next month, I think.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I've yet to play Bioshock, if you can believe it. I actually plan to grab it over the next month, I think.
    At gamestop they're actually selling a double pack of oblivion and bioshock for 30-40 bucks.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I was late at getting Bioshock, as well. I guess it was about a year after it's release that I picked it up. Trust me man.....you won't be disappointed.

I friggin loved the original....but for some reason I'm just not as excited about this sequel. When it was first announced I was thrilled, but now it's kinda like "meh....I can live without it". I'm not sure why my excitement level dropped, though. Hopefully the marketing campaign will bring me back to it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

I friggin loved the original....but for some reason I'm just not as excited about this sequel. When it was first announced I was thrilled, but now it's kinda like "meh....I can live without it". I'm not sure why my excitement level dropped, though. Hopefully the marketing campaign will bring me back to it.
    its not the same team as the first so im kinda wary about this, the fact that the bad guy is basically, to quote one games site "aynn rand with insane pms" makes me worry that were going to get a lot less deph in terms of commentary and subtext. rather that in your face "symbolism" you see in student photography all the time.

still its more of my game of the year for 2007 so im hopeful.
    Last edited by Danny; 29-Oct-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I was late at getting Bioshock, as well. I guess it was about a year after it's release that I picked it up. Trust me man.....you won't be disappointed.

I think part of that is the damn two plus year wait times for these games.

Seriously, things can only stay up for a finite amount of time. (and i mean excitement/anticipation for the game you sickos).

It's no wonder hells is like "meh". Shit now that i think aBOUT IT, i'M KINDA "meh" for this game too. But no becaue i think it'll suck, but because they need to come out with it already.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I think part of that is the damn two plus year wait times for these games.

Seriously, things can only stay up for a finite amount of time. (and i mean excitement/anticipation for the game you sickos).

It's no wonder hells is like "meh". Shit now that i think aBOUT IT, i'M KINDA "meh" for this game too. But no becaue i think it'll suck, but because they need to come out with it already.

thats pretty much my thing with alan wake and final fantasy 13, i know im gonna love them but theyve been "coming soon" for so many years i cant even be arsed to watch any new trailers or anything, compare that to recent or upcoming stuff like left 4 dead 2 and dj hero, things i know i can get easily and soon, and i seem to allow myself to get excited about them.

-shame i cna t afford the dj hero with the turntable, but oh week, zombies'l tide me over till crimbo!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    thats pretty much my thing with alan wake and final fantasy 13, i know im gonna love them but theyve been "coming soon" for so many years i cant even be arsed to watch any new trailers or anything, compare that to recent or upcoming stuff like left 4 dead 2 and dj hero, things i know i can get easily and soon, and i seem to allow myself to get excited about them.

-shame i cna t afford the dj hero with the turntable, but oh week, zombies'l tide me over till crimbo!
    What really sends me over the edge is when you've been waiting a couple of years for a AAA title, then when the release is a couple of months away they postpone it again.

It's absolutely maddening !

So i have the attitude "oh well, whenever it comes out it just does." And i know I'm not alone. It's very hard to stay excited about something under those circumstances.

Super Moderator

UK
    Might get this on PC once it's been out a short while.

Interesting story ideas, but there does seem to be a lot of shooting shit ... to be honest, there was plenty in the first game. I'd rather more exploration and amazing architecture and such...still though, will deffo play this.