Thread: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Error Code Reveals Future DLC?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Question Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Error Code Reveals Future DLC?

Really wierd stuff here guys. I'm not even sure what this article means but it seems to be significant.

O.K. Basically someone found errors in the demo code that point to future dlc? I'm not a computer guy so this is alien to me. Can anyone shed some light on this? Here's the link to the code floolwed by the link to the original article i got it from:

Code: http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1336060924

// DLC strings:
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredTitle_1" "Miracle Pack"
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredKicked_1" "You were kicked from the lobby because downloadable content was selected.\n"
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredJoin_1" "Game requires downloadable content provided with Miracle Pack.\n"
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredMessage_1" "Please, download Miracle Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace."
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredOffer_1" "Would you like to download Survival Pack 1 content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace now?"
    //
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredTitle_2" "Apocalyptic Pack"
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredKicked_2" "You were kicked from the lobby because downloadable content was selected.\n"
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredJoin_2" "Game requires downloadable content provided with Apocalyptic Pack.\n"
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredMessage_2" "Please, download Apocalyptic Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace."
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredOffer_2" "Would you like to download Apocalyptic Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace now?"
    // End of DLC strings

Article: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...uture-DLC.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm not sure I can fake the interest. I mean, I'm interested in DLC for the new game, but I'm not surprised at the prospect that there would be DL, nor that some sort of code left in from development would still be there.

Does that make sense?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    // DLC strings:
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredTitle_1" "Miracle Pack"
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredKicked_1" "You were kicked from the lobby because downloadable content was selected.\n"
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredJoin_1" "Game requires downloadable content provided with Miracle Pack.\n"
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredMessage_1" "Please, download Miracle Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace."
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredOffer_1" "Would you like to download Survival Pack 1 content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace now?"
    //
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredTitle_2" "Apocalyptic Pack"
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredKicked_2" "You were kicked from the lobby because downloadable content was selected.\n"
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredJoin_2" "Game requires downloadable content provided with Apocalyptic Pack.\n"
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredMessage_2" "Please, download Apocalyptic Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace."
    // "SessionError_DLC_RequiredOffer_2" "Would you like to download Apocalyptic Pack content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace now?"
    // End of DLC strings

"All you've given us is a mouthful of greek salad. Errors, codes, a lot of fancy terms that don't mean a thing. I wanna know if you're doing something that's gonna get us out of this deep shit we're in, or are you just in there biffing zombies in the face with frying pans."

<groan>

United States
    been kinda outta the loop on left4dead 2....running zombies are pretty stupid imo, and super-powered zombies are even more retarded, but that's just my 2 cents.

my question is, however:
    will this game launch with more than 4 short campaigns, or are they gonna put out a half-assed game with only a few scenarios and try to nickel and dime the players for extra episodes?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

"All you've given us is a mouthful of greek salad. Errors, codes, a lot of fancy terms that don't mean a thing. I wanna know if you're doing something that's gonna get us out of this deep shit we're in, or are you just in there biffing zombies in the face with frying pans."

<groan>

I never understood that Greek salad line.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    my question is, however:
    will this game launch with more than 4 short campaigns, or are they gonna put out a half-assed game with only a few scenarios and try to nickel and dime the players for extra episodes?
    /facepalm

//epicfacepalm

okay lets break it down.

5 campaigns at launch, each with 5 levels.
    4 new characters with much more actual dialogue and character
    upwards of 25 new weapons as opposed to the original 7
    3 new special infected.
    10 new uncommon common infected

This is NOT a half assed game, it includes far more content than what was on the original left 4 dead disc. but no, valve releasing a sequel which has more of everything on the disc is apparently not worth it by boycotters and complainers WHO PAID THE SAME PRICE FOR LESS STUFF ONE YEAR AGO.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    /facepalm

//epicfacepalm

okay lets break it down.

5 campaigns at launch, each with 5 levels.
    4 new characters with much more actual dialogue and character
    upwards of 25 new weapons as opposed to the original 7
    3 new special infected.
    10 new uncommon common infected

This is NOT a half assed game, it includes far more content than what was on the original left 4 dead disc. but no, valve releasing a sequel which has more of everything on the disc is apparently not worth it by boycotters and complainers WHO PAID THE SAME PRICE FOR LESS STUFF ONE YEAR AGO.

Amen to that. Valve actually brought in 2 of the guys who started the boycott in September to play the game and upon doing so they changed their mind about the boycott. My friend and I played the demo Saturday and he said that even though he isn't going to get it day 1 it was a lot better than he expected... he was one of those "I'm not going to pay $60 for add on content" people too.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    Amen to that. Valve actually brought in 2 of the guys who started the boycott in September to play the game and upon doing so they changed their mind about the boycott. My friend and I played the demo Saturday and he said that even though he isn't going to get it day 1 it was a lot better than he expected... he was one of those "I'm not going to pay $60 for add on content" people too.
    funnily enough i showed some friends i had round the demo and it quickly shut up all the boycotters i know.

funny that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    funnily enough i showed some friends i had round the demo and it quickly shut up all the boycotters i know.

funny that.
    That's why it's always prudent to know all the facts before you make a comment about something.

Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post

I never understood that Greek salad line.

And that my good man is why it's classic !!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"