Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Left 4 Dead games are glitched to fuck!

capncnut

The Left 4 Dead games are glitched to fuck!

Quite pissed off with last night's session. Wanted to go for the 'Wing And A Prayer' achievement on L4D2, where you have to activate the doors on the downed plane and stay alive without taking a hit. Did it numerous times and wasn't given the achievement. Even started the campaign from the very beginning and played it through to level two, still no joy.

Had a look online and learned that there's a shitload of folks in the same boat.

Also 'Man Vs Tank' on L4D1, same shit. Started Death Toll on Expert, killed me team, switched to easy, left the save room and was confronted by a tank. Killed the bugger on me Jack Jones but no achievement.

AND Louis got attacked by a hunter when I was in the safe house laughing my ass off. Went out there, killed the beast, revived Louis and led his sorry ass back. Did I get the achievement? No.

Fucking swizz, mate. That said, I finally got that nasty 'Cr0wned' achievement, which is the one where you gotta headshot the witch.

Anyway, I think it's time Valve actually played their games instead of releasing them glitched. I'm sick and tired of repeating my attempts to get these achievements for hours with no joy. It's just plain sloppy!

Canada
    I got the wing and a prayer achievement on the first go. Decided to give it a shot, set game to easy, and had a go. I just parked my ass in between some seats, and my computer compatriots covered me pretty good. Have to sit through 3 hordes or so. Maybe I got lucky?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    your not alone, apparently hundreds of people are on the l4d forums complaining how there achievements are wiping, ive only lost the defib one but its still irksome.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Quite pissed off with last night's session. Wanted to go for the 'Wing And A Prayer' achievement on L4D2, where you have to activate the doors on the downed plane and stay alive without taking a hit. Did it numerous times and wasn't given the achievement. Even started the campaign from the very beginning and played it through to level two, still no joy.

Had a look online and learned that there's a shitload of folks in the same boat.

Also 'Man Vs Tank' on L4D1, same shit. Started Death Toll on Expert, killed me team, switched to easy, left the save room and was confronted by a tank. Killed the bugger on me Jack Jones but no achievement.

AND Louis got attacked by a hunter when I was in the safe house laughing my ass off. Went out there, killed the beast, revived Louis and led his sorry ass back. Did I get the achievement? No.

Fucking swizz, mate. That said, I finally got that nasty 'Cr0wned' achievement, which is the one where you gotta headshot the witch.

Anyway, I think it's time Valve actually played their games instead of releasing them glitched. I'm sick and tired of repeating my attempts to get these achievements for hours with no joy. It's just plain sloppy!
    And that's not all. On the crash course campaign I've tried to get the pounce a survivor for 25 hit points and pull a bile covered survivor towards you until you hold him achievements and got them off several times an nothing !!

So yeah, those games being glitchy is like the worst kept secret in gaming right now.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    Also, has anyone noticed that playing Easy and Normal solo is a piece of piss but Normal on live with pals it's damn near impossible? Some immensely unfair bot spawnage going on there.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Also, has anyone noticed that playing Easy and Normal solo is a piece of piss but Normal on live with pals it's damn near impossible? Some immensely unfair bot spawnage going on there.
    Honestly, th a.i. in this game is a big improvement over the original. They regularly lead the rounds in kill counts and don't do dumb things as in the first game like stand in front of doorways while you're fighting a horde so that you can't get a decent shot off.

I still wish they could pick up explosives though. If not to use them themselves atleast to hold them for you when you request them.

It could also be that human players are used to techniques that were successful in the first game. A popular one is called the "camping technique", where you would find a wall or room your team could put their backs to, concentrate their fire and turn what looked like certain death into a joke. The infected would be just so much fodder. If you notice there a disticnt shortage of places you can do that in and everything is way more wide open.

Last edited by darth los; 25-Nov-2009 at 03:13 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well it appears im in valves "dont give a fuck" quota. as im one of many who cannot join games. cap, andy and coinreturn all invited me to the same game, all i get is an error and they are all listed as "not in joinable game" and searches in any type reveal there are apparently no people playing left 4 dead online.
    Best reply i got from my mail to valve was "yeah, thats a probleem all right", honestly i would have gotten a refund if i didnt have faith in valve fixing it, but damn they rushed this out for the holidays. id rather get a late game than a broken one, since all i can play now i "alone or dead"

Canada
    If I didn't have to work all week I'd be on in a heart beat- hopefully I can actually join games and the like..you folks are making me scared.

time to try and sleep, huzzah!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    well it appears im in valves "dont give a fuck" quota. as im one of many who cannot join games. cap, andy and coinreturn all invited me to the same game, all i get is an error and they are all listed as "not in joinable game" and searches in any type reveal there are apparently no people playing left 4 dead online.
    Best reply i got from my mail to valve was "yeah, thats a probleem all right", honestly i would have gotten a refund if i didnt have faith in valve fixing it, but damn they rushed this out for the holidays. id rather get a late game than a broken one, since all i can play now i "alone or dead"
    I got on with coin the other night. We ran through dark carnival no sweat and the connection seemed fine, perhaps because he was hosting?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Honestly, th a.i. in this game is a big improvement over the original.
    Disagree wholeheartedly. Me, Andy and Coin got our asses handed to us on a plate repeatedly playing Dark Carnival on Normal because of ridiculous bot spawnage. We attempted the concert about five times and I can honestly say I have never encountered such silliness.

Andy and Coin then went idle leaving me to fend for myself and guess what? I did it no sweat. WTF?

And speaking of survivor AI, it's all a bit hit and miss. But for the most part they are just dumb fuckers who stand there firing at the sky when you're right there next to them with a Jockey on your back. Don't get me wrong, I do like the game but it's unfinished, sloppy and frustrating.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Disagree wholeheartedly. Me, Andy and Coin got our asses handed to us on a plate repeatedly playing Dark Carnival on Normal because of ridiculous bot spawnage. We attempted the concert about five times and I can honestly say I have never encountered such silliness.
    No offense to anyone but if that's the case you need to start rolling with me then.

Just think of it as a terminator scenario:

"Come with me if you want to live."

United States
    Great games tonight, except for Andy getting screwed out of 3 achievements in a row. That was just an unbelievable amount of bad luck.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    No offense to anyone but if that's the case you need to start rolling with me then.

Just think of it as a terminator scenario:

"Come with me if you want to live."
    Oh really? I do believe you were playing with me, Andy and Coin tonight on easy and I saw your ass pinned to the floor quite a few times, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Great games tonight, except for Andy getting screwed out of 3 achievements in a row. That was just an unbelievable amount of bad luck.
    Bad luck, yes. Also freakin' hilarious!

Got that bitch ass bridge achievement though...
    Last edited by capncnut; 26-Nov-2009 at 01:45 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Oh really? I do believe you were playing with me, Andy and Coin tonight on easy and I saw your ass pinned to the floor quite a few times, pal.

Bad luck, yes. Also freakin' hilarious!

Got that bitch ass bridge achievement though...
    for those who aint got it yet theres an easy way for the bridge.

1. start the final chpater of the parish on hard. then kill two of your teammates in the safe room.

2. set the difficulty to easy, leave the room and start the crescendo moment.

3.stick to the path on the left side, its straight grating you can run over.

4.when the tank appears skip it, sticking to the left all the way and climb on the back of the oil tanker and get to the higher level.

5. when you see the ceda checkpoint run in a beeline to it.

6. when theres an option to turn right to the chopper jump down onto the bus and then straight to the chopper.

got the thing on my second try in under 40 seconds.

Undisclosed
    Guess what? I checked out the Black Friday ad on Best Buy's site and L4D 2 will be on sale for $34.99.