Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halo: Reach - first realtime trailer

United States

Halo: Reach - first realtime trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ha...spike-tv/59813

The lighting, animation and texture work all seem too good to be true. With this new engine, there may be a new console graphics king. ODST was just a stopgap for Reach, and I can't wait to see the finished result.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    odst was the most fun i had in a halo campaign, if its the same or better im excited, wish it wasnt another prequel to the main games though.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well it was about time they gave it a graphical upgrade as it was sorely in need of one in Halo 3, which looked distinctly similar to Halo 2.

I do hope they improve their map making though. All those copy & paste corridors got right on my tits.

capncnut
    Looked alright, but I wanna see something a bit different this time. The Halo games are getting a bit samey-samey.

United States
    I really didn't see anything too impressive with those graphics there.

Canada
    The graphics are fine, but i don't play Halo because it looks pretty. I play Halo because they are fun games with an interesting story.

Also, I highly doubt any Halo game is going to look as good as something like Killzone 2 or Dead Space.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    I really didn't see anything too impressive with those graphics there.
    Find me game with huge, sprawling maps with a 4-player campaign that looks that good.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Find me game with huge, sprawling maps with a 4-player campaign that looks that good.
    im not a fan of it but killzone 2 looks pretty damn impressive.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    odst was the most fun i had in a halo campaign, if its the same or better im excited, wish it wasnt another prequel to the main games though.

Agreed. It also has the best graphics of the bunch to date, imo.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    Arma 2, Crysis, FarCry 2........

When did Halo turn serious anyway? Ive played the first one right through but it had an almost cartoonish feel to it

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Arma 2, Crysis, FarCry 2........

When did Halo turn serious anyway? Ive played the first one right through but it had an almost cartoonish feel to it
    And those little aliens that run around frantically don't help matters much, huh?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Killzone 2 has no co-op mode. Neither does Crysis or Far Cry 2.

Also, Killzone 2 has open environments? I thought it was more linear corridors.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 14-Dec-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Killzone 2 has no co-op mode. Neither does Crysis or Far Cry 2.

Also, Killzone 2 has open environments? I thought it was more linear corridors.
    Odst has the best enviroments in a halo game yet. As soon as i turned it on i said to myself, "this is definitely not like the others".

I always enjoyed halo for the canon and gameplay elements and always overlooked what i thought were subpar graphics. But with odst there was a huge graphical jump, so there's really no excuse for haters to hate on the franchise because in that that have addressed a longtime deficiency in what is otherwise a stellar franchise.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    And those little aliens that run around frantically don't help matters much, huh?

i liked them, when they shout "waaaaaaaaaoooooooo" when you shoot them, or "its him,its him" when they spot you!

Canada
    "Look at my big blue ballllllllllls!!!!"

Oh man, I love Grunts.