Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rage Against The Machine to be UK Xmas no.1?

capncnut

Rage Against The Machine to be UK Xmas no.1?

Rap metal legends Rage Against The Machine are in the pole position to be the 2009 UK Christmas number one. Fans on Facebook are campaigning to prevent X Factor winner, Joe McElderry, from reaching the top slot this year by downloading RATM's classic tune Killing In The Name, and it's working!

Click for article.

RATM are in the lead with 83,000 and McElderry has 77,000.

England
    I bought it today hopefully it will put a spanner in the works of these shite karaoke shows that the cheese loving sheep bang on about all the time, and will stick two massive fingers up at Cowell who seems to think the Xmas number one slot is soley reserved for his overblown fucking ballads sung by talentless twats that nobody will remember in 6 months time!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I bought it today hopefully it will put a spanner in the works of these shite karaoke shows that the cheese loving sheep bang on about all the time, and will stick two massive fingers up at Cowell who seems to think the Xmas number one slot is soley reserved for his overblown fucking ballads sung by talentless twats that nobody will remember in 6 months time!
    Poetry, Trickster. Sheer poetry, my friend.

England

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    It would be nice but I doubt they will succeed.

The X Factor guy's single came out today and we have sold hundreds and hundreds of them at my work. We haven't even had any physical RATM singles delivered. Here's hoping they can pull it off entirely through downloads.

England
    I just fail to understand why anyone under the age of 40 actually goes mad for the kind of shite that gets pumped out of X-factor, I mean is that the kind of music the youth of today are into or is it just because its X-factor & the sheep feel they have to buy it whether its good or not?
    If only people paid even half as much attention to the state of our country as they do to all these opium for the masses reality shows then maybe our economy & society wouldnt have got as fucked up as they are now

capncnut
    I so hope that cocksmoker doesn't make it to number one. Number two maybe because the song is a sloppy turd of the highest order. What would you rather have?

This?

Or this?

Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I just fail to understand why anyone under the age of 40 actually goes mad for the kind of shite that gets pumped out of X-factor...
    Should be amended to 'anyone outside of the female species'...
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Dec-2009 at 10:16 PM.

United Kingdom
    Just bought it myself.

United Kingdom
    I bought 3. Any more than that to the same credit card/IP address and it doesn't count, apparently. For 29p I can't complain.

Fuck You, Cowell, I Won't Buy What You Sell Me.
    Kill 'em All

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Cowell branded it "cynical"....well, he would, wouldn't he?
    I mean I could go on about how much damage this guy has done to music, I could go on about how much damage he's done to television.

I mean I could rant for hours about how he popularises fake "music", how he judges acts on their talent, based on covering someone else's song!!!

I could go on and on about how this sorry sack of turds has deflected attention from real talent, real music, and real artists.

But it's not like the charts are actually worth a shit anyway. When has there ever been anything good in the charts? Not since Iron Maiden's Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter - and that was rubbish. The chart is full of shite music, from shite bands, and is nothing less than a commercial money making venture that brings nothing good to the world.

So really, we're sabotaging something that doesn't need to be promoted, by promoting it. This is like Lordi winning the Eurovision a few years back, Rage is a joke vote, a backlash - fuck you Cowell, you absolute waste of space.

Great stuff. Mainstream music is pathetic and it helps propogate the very chav culture which is destroying this country. NONE of those people are worthy of any respect. Leona Lewis, Susan Boyle, none of them. They're just placeholder, flesh to fill the commercial gap, and no one in this world really gives a flying fuck about them.

personally I hope they're all fucking wiped out in a dirty bomb attack. And their "fans". I hate them all. I hate the x-factor, pop idol, britains got talent....FFS what is the world coming to!?!? Pop music is, and always has been, fucking shite and this is a perfect example of that. Fuck them.

I don't even love Rage against the machine (they are awesome, but not my fav band).

Next year I'm starting the christmas no1 vote for Vomitory - R@ped In Their Own Blood.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Next year I'm starting the christmas no1 vote for Vomitory - R@ped In Their Own Blood.

I'll buy it (again, I'm a fan of Vomitory). Either that, or pick something by Decapitated.
    Kill 'em All

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mirror
    Latest figures show Joe's single The Climb is 60,000 sales BEHIND Rage's 1992 hit Killing In The Name, which is being bought as a protest vote against Simon Cowell's show.
    Woot!

United Kingdom
    It's just been on the radio that they've both sold over 200,000 copies, but Joe is catching up. There's over 600,000 people in the Facebook group, so surely RATM should win.
    Kill 'em All

capncnut
    Well, it's just Friday left to go and that's it. I wholeheartedly agree and say RATM must surely have this thing in the bag.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I so hope that cocksmoker doesn't make it to number one. Number two maybe because the song is a sloppy turd of the highest order. What would you rather have?

This?

GAY!

seriously, who in the fuck listens to that shit besides old women and gay dudes?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."