Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much is gasoline going for where you live?

Dead

Undisclosed

How much is gasoline going for where you live?

I've noticed that prices in my area are way lower than the national average so I was just wondering.

In some parts of North Carolina its around $2.679 for regular unleaded. And since my car has a 14 gallon tank and gets roughly 28 miles per gallon city, I guess I'm doing alright compared to other people I know.

So how much are you paying and how do you manage it?

United States
    Gas dropped 30 cents to 2.75 in eastern Nebraska. It was at 3.05 in Omaha but dropped fairly quick for a few weeks..now its getting ready to go back up.

The irony is...a lot of people are saying we need to use alternate fuels that are cheaper in the long run. Ethanol is the biggest one...and most stations in Nebraska have E-85 ( 85% gasoline...15% ehanol ) Supposed to be cheaper, and most people who know nothing claim it will drop gas prices by half if we'd start using a higher ethanol than gas blend....but the gas with ethanol was at one time 25 cents more a gallon than regular unleaded.

Paranoia Agent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A break from reality! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Paranoia nurtures him!

Dead

Undisclosed
    supposedly when things with E85 are moving more smoothly and its being produced in larger numbers the price is suppose to drop significantly, but still you're only getting 72% mileage of what you'd get with gas. If the price were $1.75 or something close I'd go with that, but I don't see anything happening for quite some time.

United States
    The key word there is SUPPOSEDLY. No matter what type of fuel we use..the companies are gonna charge the same as regular gasoline.

Paranoia Agent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A break from reality! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Paranoia nurtures him!

Canada
    like 2.75 where i am from.

i hope we run out of gas . we have the knowledge of alternative fuel and or other means. man has existed fine with out gasoline for thousands of years prior up to the last century.

United States
    Driving home tonight I checked out the Hess station since I need to fill up tomorrow. For 89 octane, which I use, it's $3.23 .

United States
    The last couple of months, gas prices have been going down. A gallon of 87 reg. is going for about $2.75 right now

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04
    I've noticed that prices in my area are way lower than the national average so I was just wondering.

In some parts of North Carolina its around $2.679 for regular unleaded. And since my car has a 14 gallon tank and gets roughly 28 miles per gallon city, I guess I'm doing alright compared to other people I know.

So how much are you paying and how do you manage it?
    It's $2.89 here in Lansing, MI. What amazes me is that it was down to 2.59 and I thought, WoW! Gas is cheap! It's interesting that people think that gasoline is cheap when it drops to half a fiver. I drive a chevy cavalier and it gets about 29 miles per gallon, so I guess I can't complain too loudly. I ride my bike a lot and walk, so I suppose I am using alternative fuels.

Did anyone see that news report about a car that runs on water?

Amazing!

Cool video there... check it out.

Super Moderator

UK
    In the UK where I live diesel is riding at 99.9 pence (essentially £1) per LITRE. Needless to say, that's f*cked up. Petrol is about 97.9 pence per LITRE.

Interestingly enough, there was a programme on BBC2 the other night (I didn't remember to watch it though) called something like "If...the oil runs out" (it's a series of disaster scenarios played out as dramas). In it they point out how our civilisation is completely reliant on oil, and with the growing Asian communities who are achieving higher living statuses it's only going to get worse as it's spread out thinner.

I still maintain that if the oil did run out the first people to complain militantly would be the liberals who drive 4x4 monsters on the school run and who go on bi-annual holidays to far and wide destinations by plane.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    In the UK where I live diesel is riding at 99.9 pence (essentially £1) per LITRE. Needless to say, that's f*cked up. Petrol is about 97.9 pence per LITRE.

Interestingly enough, there was a programme on BBC2 the other night (I didn't remember to watch it though) called something like "If...the oil runs out" (it's a series of disaster scenarios played out as dramas). In it they point out how our civilisation is completely reliant on oil, and with the growing Asian communities who are achieving higher living statuses it's only going to get worse as it's spread out thinner.

I still maintain that if the oil did run out the first people to complain militantly would be the liberals who drive 4x4 monsters on the school run and who go on bi-annual holidays to far and wide destinations by plane.
    Our fuel price is just obscene,but the public seem to accept rises with no more than a whimper now!its a joke!i watched that thing on TV,it was quite interesting actually!there were people fighting at fuel stations because only a few places had petrol & they were announcing over the radio which stations it was so everyone was flocking there.It'l be like mad max!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie

You have tha back asswards. It is the conservatives who do that in the USA. They have the guns and the big SUV's and pick-up trucks. The Liberals here drive the more economic means of transportation because of their concern and involvement in the Global Warming trends, wastes of oil etc etc.

When you think conservative in this country it is the value system, not the economic system. The Republicans are conservative on the values of LAW and religion, but are the biggest wasters of oil and money (see war and gas) More republicans drive the SUV's and big pick-up trucks in the USA than any single group in america.

Sorry to burst your bubble about the liberal party.

I find it kind of funny though. When I was in Canada for the filming of LOTD I was talking to a lot of people and the canadian government is mainly liberal based. One man, a conservative, was telling me that when the conservatives were in power the country was going through the worst of economic times and that since the liberal parties have been in control the gov't has been working more effectively and efficently.

O and to stay on topic for this thread. Gas is about $3.11 a gallon here in gaithersburg, MD for Regular Unleaded (87 Octane) Super is $3.31 (93 Octane)
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

southwestern ohio has a very low cost of living...

that is one of the few great things about the cincinnati area. it is one of the cheapest places in america to live. gas is going for about about $2.65 or so. everything is cheaper here than most places groceries, rent, you name it.

oh and djfunkmaster is correct - it is the turd headed soccer moms (almost all conservatives) and the yuppie crowd that are driving the gigantic SUVs and the hillbillies (the less said about white trash the better) with their pick up trucks that are sucking the gas up left and right.

most liberals i know (and i am proud to say that i am a rabid one, somewhere to the left of democrat) drive small rice burners. i have a honda that gets almost 40 miles to the gallon.
    Last edited by Mike70; 01-Jun-2006 at 01:24 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Fiji
    it's variable within a 25 mile radius of where i live but a gallon or regular will run between 2.59 to 2.73 depending on where you go in the Reading Area.

i am impossibly happy my little toyota gets rounghly 26-29 MPG

United States
    'round the 2.64 range at the moment

P.S. and you can tell what political party someone is in by the type of car they drive now?

please...

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    'round the 2.64 range at the moment

P.S. and you can tell what political party someone is in by the type of car they drive now?

please...
    Yes, considering in my area they are still proudly display their BUSH/CHENEY 04 stickers on the bumpers. Plus this is a known fact. Look at the amount of Gas Guzzling vehicles sold in the red states as opposed to blue states. Check the dempgraphics.

The conservative right are more apt to purchase larger gas guzzling vehicles and are the ones who primarily bitch and moan about gas prices the most. Just take a look around and if you see for yourself if you don't believe me
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*