View Poll Results: What's your favorite special infect to play as?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hunter

1 12.50%
  • Smoker

2 25.00%
  • Boomer

1 12.50%
  • Tank

1 12.50%
  • Spitter

2 25.00%
  • Jockey

0 0%
  • Charger

1 12.50%

Thread: Favorite special infected to play as in left 4 dead?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Favorite special infected to play as in left 4 dead?

Ive gotten really into left 4 dead again recently, probably the nearing dlc campaign the passing thats got me in the mood and i realized we haven't, to my knowledge, had a thread for our favorite infected.
    Sure everyone rushes for coach or ellis in campaign, but who do YOU love to play as in vs?

For me my absolute favorite is a boomer, with which i am an incredibly annoying fuck for the survivors. especially on the original left for dead. I can always find the best nooks, and crannies should they appear, to barf all 4 of em or boom at just the right time when another infected needs it.
    My personal best is 13 barfs in one life on blood harvest, they just make its so damn easy for a fat guy in sweat pants to pray on these unlucky people.
    A few times ive been on a team including multiple boomers.

not even coach survived.

As for my least favorite its going to have to be the Hunter. this bitch is useless. its a cheap support character who can debilitate a single survivor for maybe 5 seconds but rarely even makes a target in the large open areas.
    Honestly i had more fun in no mercy just launching the hunter across rooftops, freaking out the survivors with my screams, but never actually attacking them.
    -and in retrospect hes MORE useless in the 2nd game, because the charger of the jokey can do the same job but better and are way more fun to play.

honorable mentions go to the smoker and the jokey as two really fun characters to play, but the jokey dies too easy, and the smokers tongue takes far too long to recharge. id make the smoker weaker myself but give him a much faster reload of the tongue.

thats' mine, whats yours?
    Last edited by Danny; 19-Mar-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Ive gotten really into left 4 dead again recently, probably the nearing dlc campaign the passing thats got me in the mood and i realized we haven't, to my knowledge, had a thread for our favorite infected.
    Sure everyone rushes for coach or ellis in campaign, but who do YOU love to play as in vs?

For me my absolute favorite is a boomer, with which i am an incredibly annoying fuck for the survivors. especially on the original left for dead. I can always find the best nooks, and crannies should they appear, to barf all 4 of em or boom at just the right time when another infected needs it.
    My personal best is 13 barfs in one life on blood harvest, they just make its so damn easy for a fat guy in sweat pants to pray on these unlucky people.
    A few times ive been on a team including multiple boomers.

not even coach survived.

As for my least favorite its going to have to be the Hunter. this bitch is useless. its a cheap support character who can debilitate a single survivor for maybe 5 seconds but rarely even makes a target in the large open areas.
    Honestly i had more fun in no mercy just launching the hunter across rooftops, freaking out the survivors with my screams, but never actually attacking them.
    -and in retrospect hes MORE useless in the 2nd game, because the charger of the jokey can do the same job but better and are way more fun to play.

honorable mentions go to the smoker and the jokey as two really fun characters to play, but the jokey dies too easy, and the smokers tongue takes far too long to recharge. id make the smoker weaker myself but give him a much faster reload of the tongue.

thats' mine, whats yours?

They are all quite enjoyable to play (except jockey) but i voted charger if for nothing else it's ability for the instant kill on almost every level. There's also the fact that he is impervious to knockbacks and if you miss the charge it's punches do like 15 pts. of damage.

If push came to shove I'd take the hunter over jockey all day. Jockey takes way too long to incap someone and then even if he does he can't finish them off.

The hunter atleast can quickly incap someone and finish the job.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Spitter here,

don't mind me, just making sure you can't revive downed teammates or sit in the same place for very long.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

If push came to shove I'd take the hunter over jockey all day. Jockey takes way too long to incap someone and then even if he does he can't finish them off.

The hunter atleast can quickly incap someone and finish the job.

Then youve never walked someone out the window on the top floor of the hotel in dead center with a jokey 5 minutes into a match.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Then youve never walked someone out the window on the top floor of the hotel in dead center with a jokey 5 minutes into a match.
    Of course i have. They don't fall off though they just hang there waiting for a team mate to pull them up.

And it's not like i don't know how to use the little fella (my record is 4 incaps in one spawn by the way) it's just not for me.

Now, in swamp fever, it's possible, on the first level when you call the raft, to walk someone directly into the water and kil them. Now tha's my idea of fun !!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Hunters are my favorite. I like to use stealth and stalk tactics. Hit and run. I remember staughtering people in the sewers. Stalk groups and pick off anyone who breaks. Quickly kill someone, then flee into the darkness, before his friends come back for him.

Super Moderator

United States
    I never get to play Vs. mode in L4D.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Canada
    why not?