Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Zombie Film You've Ever Seen?

Undisclosed

Worst Zombie Film You've Ever Seen?

I know there are a lot of dogs out there when it comes to zombie films, but this 1980 Italian crap pile called "Night Of The Zombies" (which I believe also had a variety of other titles in the US) to me is the ultimate bomb. Bad acting, bad make-up effects, bad stock footage of jungle animals, bad everything - oh yeah, and parts of the soundtrack were stolen from "Dawn"!! What a stinker...
    "Add the Calgon!"

United States
    Garden of the Dead - 1974
    a sad flick about formaldehyde huffing inmates in some sort of "prison camp" that turn into zombies.

Undisclosed
    Zombi 3. I'm glad I wasn't sober when I watched it, but then again that couldn't save this piece of sh!t.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13
    Zombi 3. I'm glad I wasn't sober when I watched it, but then again that couldn't save this piece of sh!t.
    Oh,.....yeah....that's a rough one to sit through.....don't forget Zombie 5: Killing Birds

Super Moderator

UK
    "Contagium" (you know, the one that raped the good name of the Day of the Dead).

Although, it's classification as a 'zombie' film or indeed a 'film' are questionnable. Even Zombi 4 (I actually kinda liked Zombi 3 and all it's cheesy crapness) was better than Contagium by a million miles. A steaming pile of turd would be better.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Children of the Living Dead/NOTLD 30th anniversary/Contagium/House of the Dead.

All equally bad, and are an insult to the genre. I could sit through anything else.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Foster
    I know there are a lot of dogs out there when it comes to zombie films, but this 1980 Italian crap pile called "Night Of The Zombies" (which I believe also had a variety of other titles in the US) to me is the ultimate bomb. Bad acting, bad make-up effects, bad stock footage of jungle animals, bad everything - oh yeah, and parts of the soundtrack were stolen from "Dawn"!! What a stinker...
    Hell of the Living Dead (aka Night of the Zombies) is a cheeze classic. Everything you mention in your post is what makes the movie a cult classic

By far the worst are (in no particular order, they are all as bas as can be)

Zombi 3
    Zombi 4
    House of the Dead (part two was actually pretty cool)
    Children of the Living Dead
    Contagium (this is the only one of the bunh that I couldn't finish, so it must be the worst)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish
    Hell of the Living Dead (aka Night of the Zombies) is a cheeze classic. Everything you mention in your post is what makes the movie a cult classic

By far the worst are (in no particular order, they are all as bas as can be)

Zombi 3
    Zombi 4
    House of the Dead (part two was actually pretty cool)
    Children of the Living Dead
    Contagium (this is the only one of the bunh that I couldn't finish, so it must be the worst)
    I keep passing up House of the Dead II at Blockbuster - I haven't fully recovered from the first one yet.....is it better, really? Don't give anything away,...but, it's worth watching and I wont have to be hospitalized for a nervous breakdown after viewing??

grrrrrrrrr Contagium and those damned floaty/alien/butterfly things! The flashbacks!!!!!! aarrrrgggghhh!!!!

ViP

United States
    [QUOTE=Adrenochrome]I keep passing up House of the Dead II at Blockbuster - I haven't fully recovered from the first one yet.....is it better, really? Don't give anything away,...but, it's worth watching and I wont have to be hospitalized for a nervous breakdown after viewing??[QUOTE]

It is fun, comparable to Return 4 & 5, but perhaps a little better. The beginning is a little slow and features some uninspired acting by Sid Haig, but once the ball gets rolling it is actually a decent zombie flick with a some good scares mixed in.

United States
    city of the living dead, with the oatmeal-faced zombies, that run & use weapons

hell of the living dead could have been better, if you take the national geographic footage out as well as the dawn music rip off

it had some decent gore iirc, been a while since i watched the DVD of it

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    how about the video dead or any of those fulci and italian fulci knock offs. yuck. horrible.

no wait - children of the living dead. there is some time i would like to recapture. also the so-called 30th anniversary editon of NOTLD with the added footage is a travesty and every single copy of it should be gathered together, burned and the ashes shot into outerspace.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Banned User

United States
    I think Doc hit it right in the initial post--"Night of the Zombies" has got to be the worst.

It put me off on ALL Italian horror from then on.....

United States
    check this out - a scene from a terrible flick called The Video Dead - 1987
    click me

EDIT - Ah, I see scipio70 beat me to it....ooops.....well, here's a short scene from it

Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    I think Doc hit it right in the initial post--"Night of the Zombies" has got to be the worst.

It put me off on ALL Italian horror from then on.....

**Shudders** - I forgot about this thing (I'd seen it under another title). Althought, it DID give us this hilariously translated line - click
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 04-Jun-2006 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish

It is fun, comparable to Return 4 & 5, but perhaps a little better. The beginning is a little slow and features some uninspired acting by Sid Haig, but once the ball gets rolling it is actually a decent zombie flick with a some good scares mixed in.
    axlish recommending a House of the Dead 2? I missed ROTLD 4 and 5 so I can't really see what you're comparing it to, but I'll give it a viewing sometime. I mean, it can't be worse than Zombi 5, Children of the Living Dead, and House of the Dead.

Undisclosed
    House of the dead 2

* shudders * I personally thought it made the first one almost viewable.