Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Stink of Flesh: Worst zombie movie I've seen yet...

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

The Stink of Flesh: Worst zombie movie I've seen yet...

. . . And that's saying something considering that I currently have 107+ under my belt.

***START SPOILER ALERT***

The Stink of Flesh

Matool is the hero. Matool fights zombies with a hammer and some big nails. We're in trouble already. Matool wastes no time putting the moves on the ladies. No sooner than he save her, and he's already whispering sweet pillow-talk into some girl's ear, even though she just watched her brother get killed and partially eaten by zombies. Matool is a jackass. The brother and sister, and a card-carrying member of NAMBLA with a ridiculous hat and one of his boy-toys, all die only moments after we've met them, because it's hard to survive in a zombie world. (That or it's just hard for the script-writers and director to develop characters.)

Matool gets kidnapped by some swingers, and likes it (but I don't). Then some paramilitary guys show up, and there are orgies, and lesbianism, and necrophilia. Most of the people die, and the movie abruptly comes to an end, with the insinuation of more pedophilia to come.

I officially hate this movie.

***END SPOILER ALERT***

So, what's the worst zombie movie that you've ever seen, and what made it so bad?

If you're interested, you can also see more of my reviews at zombiecinema.webs.com.

Undisclosed

Thumbs down hum...

Quote Originally Posted by ZomBub View Post
    . . . And that's saying something considering that I currently have 107+ under my belt.

The Stink of Flesh

Matool is the hero. Matool fights zombies with a hammer and some big nails. We're in trouble already. Matool wastes no time putting the moves on the ladies. No sooner than he save her, and he's already whispering sweet pillow-talk into some girl's ear, even though she just watched her brother get killed and partially eaten by zombies. Matool is a jackass. The brother and sister, and a card-carrying member of NAMBLA with a ridiculous hat and one of his boy-toys, all die only moments after we've met them, because it's hard to survive in a zombie world. (That or it's just hard for the script-writers and director to develop characters.)

Matool gets kidnapped by some swingers, and likes it (but I don't). Then some paramilitary guys show up, and there are orgies, and lesbianism, and necrophilia. Most of the people die, and the movie abruptly comes to an end, with the insinuation of more pedophilia to come.

I officially hate this movie.

***END SPOILER ALERT***

So, what's the worst zombie movie that you've ever seen, and what made it so bad?

If you're interested, you can also see more of my reviews at zombiecinema.webs.com.

i must say Children of the Living Dead gave me the shits 4 a week!

btw: who the fuck is Matool?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    i must say Children of the Living Dead gave me the shits 4 a week!
    Pretty bad, ja...

Children of the Living Dead

This movie attempts to pick up right where Romero's Night of the Living Dead left off. Things don't start out so bad. Huges, a BAMF played by none other than Tom Savini himself, single-handedly takes out a dozen or so zombies in a very nonchalant manner. Then the movie starts going down hill, and it doesn't stop. Zombie-master, Abbott Hayes, thrusts his hand into Hughes' stomach, mortally wounding him. Hughes then asks his sheriff buddy, Randolph, to shoot him in the head so he wont come back as a zombie. Randolph reluctantly complies, but fails to do anything about Abbott.

Now our story jumps ahead fourteen years. Matthew, the son of a car dealership owner, has come to town to help supervise the construction of the new car lot, which is being built over a cemetery. But none of that really has anything to do with the rest of the story, so I shall speak of it no more.

Well, anyway, a bunch of fairly boring stuff happens . . . and then there's a big showdown at the diner. Abbott spends the entire battle standing there looking menacing, with the exception of taking the time to have a screaming contest with some poor frightened-out-of-her-wits girl, named Lorry. In the end, Randolph gets bit and asks Lorry to shoot him in the head. (Why does everyone have to ask someone else to shoot them, can't they do it themselves?) And Abbott simply walks away down some train-tracks—no one bothers to kill him, yet again. The End.

Savini was the film's only saving grace, and when he died early on, the movie didn't have a leg left to stand on. The rest of it was a boring travesty and I still can't figure out what the hell that reddish-brown blotch on Randolph's right cheek is. A birthmark? A tattoo? A really big mole? What?

The zombies in this movie are very dangerous; you see, they have this uncanny ability to approach a victim while remaining completely unnoticed until they're about a yard away from you. On two occasions they even managed to flank some people standing in the middle of an empty field and take them completely by surprise in broad daylight! That's right, STEALTH ZOMBIES!!! Watch out!

***END SPOILER ALERT***

But I still think that The Stink of Flesh was worse.

btw: who the fuck is Matool?
    The "hero" in The Stink of Flesh.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sounds shitty. Over 100 zombie movies? I've only seen a few outside of Romero's.

United States
    What is "NAMBLA"?

At any rate, I won't be running out to watch this movie anytime soon.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    What is "NAMBLA"?
    North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes?

North American Man Boy Love Association?

United States
    i've not even heard of this, but thanks for the heads up, i'll be sure to stay the hell away....worst zombie film you've seen yet, huh? ever watch "survival of the dead"?

(b4 anyone gets all pissy, i want to say that that film is total shit, but i do concede that there are much worse films out there)

as far as the worst zombie films, i, too, don't watch many outside of the romero-verse...but day of the dead 2: contagium was fucking terrible for so many reasons.

Undisclosed

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes?

North American Man Boy Love Association?
    NOT ANOTHER MOVIE BOUT LAME ASSES? LOL

BTW: great pic bassman u couldnt have gotten a more lame ass facial expression from such a dorkyer looking dip shit!

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i've not even heard of this, but thanks for the heads up, i'll be sure to stay the hell away....worst zombie film you've seen yet, huh? ever watch "survival of the dead"?

(b4 anyone gets all pissy, i want to say that that film is total shit, but i do concede that there are much worse films out there)

as far as the worst zombie films, i, too, don't watch many outside of the romero-verse...but day of the dead 2: contagium was fucking terrible for so many reasons.
    man! i was planning 2 see this flick but ive just been hearing bad reviews...think ill wait for the DVD!

so i guess its safe 2 say that u wouldn't even wipe ur ass with the dvd box? even if u wer outta toliet paper!

United States
    let me put it this way, DB: it's the only romero film i've ever turned off and gave up on...and i don't think there's enough redeeming shit in what i didn't see (never made as far as the horse-riding zombie bullshit) that i'd ever care to sit and finish it. fucking capital "T"errible...

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland

Exclamation

Raiders of the Living Dead is the worst film ever. Not just the worst zombie film - the worst film. The direction and cinematography are sub-sub amateur, there is NO internal logic, the editing is atrocious (e.g. literal five minute static shots of a kid fixing a laserdisc player with a soldering iron), the music made me want to gouge my inner ears out, the acting made me want to actually cover my face in humiliation, the effects are well below those of even Birdemic ("laser" bolts are just scratches on the negative).

But what made it truly the worst was that the writer and director clearly had no concept of pacing or narrative or even an understanding of how to show the simplest of cause-and-effect relationships within a single scene - mostly we just watch a bunch of apparently unrelated stuff play out in front of us (sometimes out of focus or not properly in shot) with no rhyme or reason, sometimes someone will drone out some wooden expositionary dialogue to explain what the "events" mean to the "plot", but mostly we're just left to our own devices as the senseless dance of badly edited images and illogical incidents unfolds. It breaks not only film logic, but the logic of reality itself. It is as if the director had some weird neurological disorder that rendered him unable to understand how humans perceive logic on even the most primitive level. Like the man who mistook his wife for a hat.

It's difficult to explain just how much of a mind blinding failure this movie is without telling you to just see it, but that's an unfair thing to ask of you.

Raiders really is the pits, the Marianas Trench of bad zombie movies. Continuing the marine analogy, stuff like CotLD is horrific but only about as deep the Abyssopelagic Zone; it's deep but it's still barely halfway down - there's half an ocean between Raiders and Children in terms of badness, and a lot of movies in between. Most of you guys, sticking with your Romeroverse films and moaning about Survival, have never even scratched the surface of that abyss... and I must say, you're probably right to avoid doing so!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    For me...

the Absolute Worst Studio Zombie Film is probably House of the Dead

The Worst Indie/Microbudget flick - ZOMBIE-NATION
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Redneck Zombies. Worst movie I've ever seen.

And I don't care that "it's good because it's supposed to suck". Suck = bad. Whether intended or unintended.

Thankfully, I don't watch every piece of crap that comes out; I tend to avoid anything that will obviously be retarded, like, say, "Zombie Ninjas in Detroit".

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Redneck Zombies. Worst movie I've ever seen.

And I don't care that "it's good because it's supposed to suck". Suck = bad. Whether intended or unintended.

Thankfully, I don't watch every piece of crap that comes out; I tend to avoid anything that will obviously be retarded, like, say, "Zombie Ninjas in Detroit".
    So I take it you won't be tuning in for my guest director spot on Ninjas vs. Zombies II aka Ninjas Vs. Vampires ????

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    So I take it you won't be tuning in for my guest director spot on Ninjas vs. Zombies II aka Ninjas Vs. Vampires ????

Oh wait, ninjas VERSUS zombies?! Now that's a whole other matter! Damn, that's a dream match! I can't wait!

Meanwhile, back here in reality...

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Sounds shitty. Over 100 zombie movies? I've only seen a few outside of Romero's.
    You're missing out on a few gems, but I've had to sift through a mountain of turds just to find them...

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    I haven't seen that one . . . yet. Couldn't be much worse than Day of the Dead (2008), though.