Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: First Look at AMC's The Walking Dead Zombies as Production Begins

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Maybe we should try and make a thread just for conversation (with spoiler tags, of course) of the current issue/story arc of the TWD comic to help keep this from happening again and again. We could even ask the higher ups to sticky it.

I know such a thread will get ignored or go unnoticed sometimes, but I also know I'm not the only spoiler nazi out there And it definitely matters with this series.
    I will do just that - start a thread for the comic discussion with spoilers (and a warning of spoilers) and sticky it ... best to spread some of the discussion topics around a bit and give them all room to breathe, you know?

UPDATE:
    To discuss the comics, go here - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=17263
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 10-Aug-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I will do just that - start a thread for the comic discussion with spoilers (and a warning of spoilers) and sticky it ... best to spread some of the discussion topics around a bit and give them all room to breathe, you know?

UPDATE:
    To discuss the comics, go here - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=17263
    I know right.

We wouldn't want another Alan Wake:The signal fiasco on our hands.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So much for that trailer today. The site says they're still working on it....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I know right.

We wouldn't want another Alan Wake:The signal fiasco on our hands.

I don't know, go to the effort of creating a fresh thread for The Signal, and everybody who was all talking about it suddenly decide to become mutes on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    So much for that trailer today. The site says they're still working on it....
    I forgot to swing by today ... hmmm, hopefully they get it up soon.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't know, go to the effort of creating a fresh thread for The Signal, and everybody who was all talking about it suddenly decide to become mutes on the subject.
    I guess we said all we had to say about it by the time the subject of a new thread cameup.

We just p.m. each other about it now.

We're just respecting your wishes mate!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Well it was just so I didn't read any spoilers, go and use the thread I created for it, it'd be easier!

England
    No sign of the trailer then yet? Thats not very good is it?
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    No sign of the trailer then yet? Thats not very good is it?
    Thats what I was thinking. About two months out and nothing official?

Even the comic con trailer without the gore was awesome....just put that out at least...

United States
    yeah, i figured we'd see that trailer during the mad men premiere the week or so after comicon. still nothing. strange, given how much info, interviews, behind the scenes segements, etc. that AMC has been teasing us with...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Think its possible they're holding off on putting together a trailer until they get some more stuff shot? Maybe there are key elements being filmed right now that they feel MUST be included in the public trailer.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Think its possible they're holding off on putting together a trailer until they get some more stuff shot? Maybe there are key elements being filmed right now that they feel MUST be included in the public trailer.
    That's possible.

But have you seen the comic con trailer? If they were to release that i'm sure most fans would be happy. And that shits edited!

Give us something. We're two months away. Fuck Entourage, lets hear about TWD!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah that trailer was incredible. But maybe not to people who aren't like us, ya know? They might be wanting to get some more action footage for a trailer. Explosions and zombies, to play it up as if it's going to be an action series, not the drama that it will be.

England
    I think they will be trying to introduce some obvious zombie action earlier into the trailer this time. The original looked like "a cop show", then a bit of "28 Days Later" with some "I Am Legend" thrown in...now, folks who know what they are watching wouldn't have minded this, but for "yer average joe punter", they probably want to make it really obvious that this is a zombiegeddon series (the first of it's kind no less).

I expect zombies from the get-go in the re-jigged trailer. This has to appeal to the masses if you want to see more than one or two series and spend the rest of your days thinking "if only we'd had more of this"...they have to suck the average punter into the situation and hold them there for the duration.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah I was hoping we'd get to see the comic-con trailer officially, I rather liked it ... by the way, does anyone know what the song was in it?

As for FX-UK, where the fxuk is that trailer they boasted about? Why have a countdown and then royally stuff it up?

England
    Yeah I was hoping we'd get to see the comic-con trailer officially, I rather liked it ... by the way, does anyone know what the song was in it?
    Choon is "Mr Splitfoot" by "Paris Motel"
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon