Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Logan's "Fu@#in' nuts!

Undisclosed

Question Logan's "Fu@#in' nuts!

So all this recent talk bout Day made me wanna watch it last night...don't know if i was really stoned but Frankenstein was crazy than a shit house rat!

What also amused me is the fact that every one humored him in his attempt to find an answer, tell you this much i would of given up on him long ago!

Is it me or could no one else see that he was nuttier than a squirrels turd, i don't think they did other wise they wouldn't have still included him in important meetings.

I'm with Rhodes "what are we suppose to do, teach them tricks!"

I'd probably would have taken him out, wouldn't want a nut bag like that sleeping in the same building as me!
    I SMELL SOME POO...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You got this from wikipedia, didn't you?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Just can't let it go, can you?

As for Logan, yes they knew he was a BIT cracked, but they had no idea HOW nuts he really was. They hadn't found out the aim of his research, or what he had done to acomplish those aims.

What you see in the movie is what happens when they DO find out.

"Logan's "Fu@#in' nuts! Now with 20% more cashews!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The only people that knew how crazy he really was were Sarah and McDermott. As moon said, the soldiers didn't know he was a sicko until right before they shot him.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, it seemed to me that the two factions did know much about what the other was working on.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I dont know what your talking about... it was all a dream anyway... sheesh

United States
    I think there was a general recognition amongst the scientists that, crazy or not, Logan was the best and brightest. I think Sarah was trying to convince Logan to pursue more tangible results because she felt that his intellect, used right, might give them a chance, whereas she and Fischer were the B-Team trying to make do.

At some point Sarah shifts to trying to cover for Logan because she realizes that the military will go apeshit if they realize what he's really doing, and they will assume she's known all along. She kinda gets inadvertently brought in as an accomplice.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsyfn View Post
    I dont know what your talking about... it was all a dream anyway... sheesh
    Here, I'll save him the trouble:

Yeah....some people just don't pay attention to movies, I guess. They need wikipedia to tell them the obvious elements of the film.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    At some point Sarah shifts to trying to cover for Logan because she realizes that the military will go apeshit if they realize what he's really doing, and they will assume she's known all along. She kinda gets inadvertently brought in as an accomplice.
    Which in the end was exactly what happened.

I found that out from wikipedia!

Last edited by darth los; 18-Aug-2010 at 06:02 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks for covering that one for me, moon.

I was just reading about Day and apparently rhodes is a bad guy!?!

United States
    I was just reading about Day and apparently rhodes is a bad guy!?!

At the end of Titanic, the boat sinks.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm sure ace is regretting that thread now!

One thing's for sure. We're relentless!.

United States
    Logan was probably one of the most fascinating characters Romero created in the trilogy.

I think Logan was a bit nuts long before he ever set foot in the facility. There are several references in the film in regards to his father that made it pretty clear he was either outright physically abused at worst or just completely neglected by his father at best. Richard Liberty did an amazing job of bringing this character to life as well -- he's more than just a one-dimensional "mad scientist". There's a profound sadness to Logan that was brought out by Liberty -- the man was clearly extremely lonely and Bub filled in a spot for him to make up for his loneliness. He wasn't insane -- at least, not yet, a few more months could have tipped him -- but he was borderline although still rational and clearly brilliant.

Logan, no doubt, physically abused Bub as he was taught by his father that it was perfectly acceptable behavior as a "dominant" male with a subservant individual (or zombie in this case).

An interesting question (ah, instead of resurrecting my "Romero Hypotheticals" thread I'll just post it here) is a question as to whether or not John/Sarah/McDermott would have taken Logan with them if he hadn't been killed and was put into the silo with them. Personally, I don't think Logan would have left -- I believe he would have chosen to stay and if he had somehow survived the other ghouls in the facility would have been perfectly content in working on his research until he either ran out of food or slipped into complete insanity from the isolation due to the lack of others.

I do feel bad for Bub though -- it didn't appear that Logan was going to re-animate (either a stray bullet hit him in the head, which wasn't shown, or humans simply stopped re-animating) -- so this left Bub to be all alone in a completely empty facility save for other zombies -- for how long? I don't want to think about Bub walking around the place for years upon years until he finally rotted away.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    I do feel bad for Bub though -- it didn't appear that Logan was going to re-animate (either a stray bullet hit him in the head, which wasn't shown, or humans simply stopped re-animating) -- so this left Bub to be all alone in a completely empty facility save for other zombies -- for how long? I don't want to think about Bub walking around the place for years upon years until he finally rotted away.
    Maybe he eventually became friends with the zombie torso of Rhodes?
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Great Britain
    The technical term for it is Mad as a bag of Spanners