Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holy.... AMAZING car crash caught on police video

United States

Holy.... AMAZING car crash caught on police video

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They've been showing this on the news for a few days now. You wanna know what's REALLY amazing about it? After the car disintegrated, as you can see in the video, the teenager driving it is STILL ALIVE.

I believe they said he was approaching 110mph when he hit the rail...

United States
    I can't fathom how ANYONE survived that crash.

Here's a follow-up article: http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/video:-...caught-on-tape

Text from the link:

Cruiser cam catches 100 mph crash
    The crash shut down freeway for six hours
    Updated: Tuesday, 24 Aug 2010, 1:37 PM EDT
    Published : Monday, 23 Aug 2010, 3:26 PM EDT

SUGARCREEK TWP., Montgomery Co. (WDTN) - The cruiser cam video that captured a horrific single car crash on Interstate 675 in Beavercreek, Ohio Aug. 23 has gone viral on the internet.

Brennan S. Eden, 19, of Mason, Ohio, lost control of his car and slammed into the concrete pillar of a bridge south of Indian Ripple Road about 7:15 a.m.

The force of the crash broke the car into three pieces and Brennan was ejected.

Witnesses said moments before the crash, Brennan was passing other drivers at speeds of at least 100 mph. He crashed when he drove off the left side of the roadway while passing a Sugarcreek Twp. police car. The crash was caught on that officer's cruiser camera.

"He went down into the median, into the grass, hit the guardrail, went airborne and the car hit the center post of the bridge and literally exploded into three main pieces," said witness Mark Riley.

Police said Brennan was alert and conscious after the crash and was flown to Miami Valley Hospital by Careflight where he was last listed in critical condition.

"He is very lucky to still be alive at this point," said Ohio State Highway Patrol Lt. Marty Fellure. "You can see behind me the impact he took and where he got ejected and landed, he's a very fortunate man right now."

Fellure said they are still investigating the crash trying to determine Eden's speed and why he was passing cars on the berm.

The crash shut down the southbound lanes for nearly six hours.

HOLY SHIT!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Lucky doesn't even cut it. This kid must have a higher purpose in life. He should have never survived that. And he was conscious after?!? WTF?

United States

I know! I don't get how he survived at all, much less being awake when paramedics got there..

The cop says you can see where he was ejected - I can't make it out in the video, but I've been trying.. all I see is a car launch into the air, turn sideways in mid-air, side-swipe some concrete bridge supports, then explode into what seems like many pieces.

Undisclosed

Ireland
    Just as well the drivers seat is on the left in American cars.

If that was over here, he would have been mush.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Cinerary - that was just wrong!

Is it also wrong that I lmao @ that gif?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

Is it also wrong that I lmao @ that gif?
    It may well be, but it's hard to resist

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That gif is awesome.

Undisclosed
    Haha, had to do it.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    +100 on the gif... I wonder if his car was a firebord/trans am... I am not 10%% I thought it looked closer to a Nissan 240
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
    holy fuck, funniest thing i've seen in quite a while!

on a side note, what sort of car was the kid driving? looks like a camaro or firebird to me.

when i first got my trans am i put the speed-o well into the triple digits a few times, then thought about how much a speeding ticket like that would cost (wreckless driving charges, loss of liscense, fines, etc) or even worse, how fucking terrible a crash at those speeds would be. for a quick glance at a similar crash victim with worse luck, do an image search for 'porsche girl'...pretty nasty stuff, so google at your own risk.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    holy fuck, funniest thing i've seen in quite a while!

on a side note, what sort of car was the kid driving? looks like a camaro or firebird to me.

when i first got my trans am i put the speed-o well into the triple digits a few times, then thought about how much a speeding ticket like that would cost (wreckless driving charges, loss of liscense, fines, etc) or even worse, how fucking terrible a crash at those speeds would be. for a quick glance at a similar crash victim with worse luck, do an image search for 'porsche girl'...pretty nasty stuff, so google at your own risk.
    there is a follow up news report it was a FIREBIRD
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    Dj was right, it is indeed a firebird.

I've had my BMW into the triple-digits only once in my life, and I doubt I'll do it again. I got a call from my son's school, and I bolted the the school (yes, there is a reason I needed to get there that fast, it wasn't just because I 'wanted' to) - then, just like PC, I started thinking "holy shit, if I was ever in a wreck at this speed...." and that was the end of that. It only lasted about 2-3 minutes, and never again.

PC - I've seen the Porche Girl pictures - not a pleasant sight, but a warning to all, like this kid, where driving at 100+mph could land you (pun intended).