Thread: "True Lies" TV series?

Administrator

England

"True Lies" TV series?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Interesting... I really liked the movie, but... I'm not too sure that an actual series would do this concept justice... oh well, I'll still try it out.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No Charlton Heston in an eye patch? No dice.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Interesting... I really liked the movie, but... I'm not too sure that an actual series would do this concept justice... oh well, I'll still try it out.
    Guessing, we're talking a sort of slightly more action based "Chuck" type feel!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    And of course the normal asshats at AICN are douching up the discussion about it. I liked the movie, but without AS and JLC... what is the point? I would rather see a True Lies 2 Movie, than a TV series
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I would rather see a True Lies 2 Movie, than a TV series
    shhhhh. Tom Arnold might hear you.

That dude has been talking up TL2 ever since the first was released. Funny thing is....it never happens. Does a certain washed up comedian need some work?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well JC and AS are fools for not doing a sequel to that movie. TL was so much fucking fun to watch... I am sick of Cameron's Lovey Dovey Alien Sci-FI based BS... I want some mindless over the top action spoofs of James Bond flicks.

WWBMD?

I know WDJWD!
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 14-Sep-2010 at 12:56 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    I would rather see a True Lies 2 Movie, than a TV series
    This.

Well JC and AS are fools for not doing a sequel to that movie.
    This too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I wouldn't mind seeing a TL2, but you know that Cameron is WAY beyond something like that now. There's no way he would do it now after Avatar. I don't think Arnold would be up for it, either. Time to accept that the sequel is a thing of the past that will never surface. Unless it's a new cast and crew, of course. But then what's the point?

IF it were to happen....they would have to work Bill Paxton's character in there. That sleazy car salesman/date rape kind of character was hilarious...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a TL2, but you know that Cameron is WAY beyond something like that now. There's no way he would do it now after Avatar. I don't think Arnold would be up for it, either. Time to accept that the sequel is a thing of the past that will never surface. Unless it's a new cast and crew, of course. But then what's the point?

IF it were to happen....they would have to work Bill Paxton's character in there. That sleazy car salesman/date rape kind of character was hilarious...
    Arnold it just too old I'm afraid. He looked past it in The Expendables...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Seems like the action/spy show is en vogue right now, what with "Burn Notice" & all, so I'm sure this is what they're going for.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow....i'm surprised. Didn't reallyt expect this one to go anywhere.

Maybe it will work, but without the main players they're sure to have their work cut out for them...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Wow....i'm surprised. Didn't reallyt expect this one to go anywhere.

Maybe it will work, but without the main players they're sure to have their work cut out for them...
    Yep.
    It'd be like making M.A.S.H without Donald Sutherland, Elliot Gould, Tom Skerritt, or Sally Kellerman and Robert Duval.

Wayne Z