Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 2 appreciation thread...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Well, if you shake it more than twice it counts as masturbation...
    Post of the day!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, he definitely set himself up for that one.

You have to be very careful what you say around here.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    I have it in your hand right now.

United States
    just got done beating it for the first time. 41 survivors saved, 1200 zombies killed, all psychopaths killed, level 34, and 12 achievements for 240pts. gonna take a few days off, then look into getting some more achievements and getting all 50 survivors.

kinda late, so shut my xbox off as soon as i was done, but i don't recall seeing anything about unlocking "infinity mode"...did they leave that outta this one?

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    "infinity mode"...did they leave that outta this one?(
    You had to complete Overtime Mode in DR1 to get it, maybe the same here? I'm up to the final boss battle so I've no idea what happens/unlocks in this one.

Super Moderator

UK
    Prof - what do you have to do at the end? Do you just hang out at the safehouse and wait for the time to click over, or do you head up to the roof? Or is it different if you've bothered to do the story - I gave up on the story in favour of zombie killin'.

Undisclosed
    just got done beating it for the first time. 41 survivors saved, 1200 zombies killed, all psychopaths killed, level 34, and 12 achievements for 240pts. gonna take a few days off, then look into getting some more achievements and getting all 50 survivors.

kinda late, so shut my xbox off as soon as i was done, but i don't recall seeing anything about unlocking "infinity mode"...did they leave that outta this one?
    Wait a minute. You have already beat DR 2? The game came out a day or 2 ago. I have played it since yesterday and I am only at level 14.

United States
    well, not having a job and only having a handful of college classes that are done by noon each day, i've got a lot of spare time on my hands these days.

as for the ending (MZ)

so i completed the story, found out TK was involved, prevented his escape, captured him, gave him zombrex....then the safe house is over-ran, so i had to defend that, at which time TK kidnaps that girl from CURE and the daughter, so i had to go and get a bunch of meaningless items scattered all over the place then fight him...and when you fight him, you lose all items and it's a bit of a bitch.

sullivan and TK were both pretty frustrating bosses to fight, not cuz they were all that difficult (they were, sorta), but mainly cuz they're fucking cheap and difficult to damage unless you know what exactly to do...

all in all, i think DR2 is a fun game and there's a shit load of stuff i'm looking forward to doing in fortune city yet.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 19-Oct-2010 at 07:12 AM. Reason: oh, what to do when the romance is gone...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    When i Picked up my pre-order they gave me the ninja skills pack code, only it was for the ps 3 while mine was supposed to be for the 360.

So i went back and got the propper one. Now i Have an extra ps 3 code so if any of my peeps need it just pm me.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So... who wants to give me their copy of DR2? being broke sucks.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Maybe in 6 months buddy.

I keep telling you guys, Gamefly rules.

United States
    yeah, sorry mike, this one's a keeper for now at least. loads of difficult achievements left to get, plus tons of shit i didn't do yet. i feel like even though i got the best ending and saved 80% of the survivors, i barely scratched the surface of the game. (uh, 2 weeks later and i'm changing my tune...stale as fuck)

my next run through is gonna be all about killing zombies and exploring as much as i can of the area, fuck the story.

oh and darth, that ninja suit is the shit. seriously. increased damage from throwing power, some nifty extra attack animations, and the stealth factor. you can just run right into zombies and they barely notice you. once i had to take it off for a mission and the zombies were fucking swarming all over my ass everywhere i went. that suit is almost like an invisibility cloak, perfect for sneaking around and trying on clothes, mixing drinks, eating, checking out the city.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 19-Oct-2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: this game went sour aft er 5 playthroughs, change of opinion about keeping it...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    yeah, sorry mike, this one's a keeper. loads of difficult achievements left to get, plus tons of shit i didn't do yet. i feel like even though i got the best ending and saved 80% of the survivors, i barely scratched the surface of the game.

my next run through is gonna be all about killing zombies and exploring as much as i can of the area, fuck the story.

oh and darth, that ninja suit is the shit. seriously. increased damage from throwing power, some nifty extra attack animations, and the stealth factor. you can just run right into zombies and they barely notice you. once i had to take it off for a mission and the zombies were fucking swarming all over my ass everywhere i went. that suit is almost like an invisibility cloak, perfect for sneaking around and trying on clothes, mixing drinks, eating, checking out the city.
    I'm glad you you told me that because those swarms of zombies don't really let you do shit. I've just been running from point a to point B. I wanna spraypaint every zombrex poster in the game but of course you have to look for them!

Normally what i do is on every playthrough i concentrate on a different achievement maybe 2. so that's atleast 20-25 playthorughs right?

Administrator

England
    So i got my hands on DR2 today, check this out for a boxset

IMG_0355.JPGIMG_0357.JPGIMG_0358.JPGIMG_0356.JPG

Undisclosed
    Dude, I am out of college and unemployed. And I still do not have that kind of free time. *L* I see, you used that ninja suit and cheated.

Did anyone make a rocket launcher, yet? Lead pipe + fireworks It shoots a rocket into a zombie and it explodes. Any zombie or person near by will by damaged or put down. Massive PP if fired into a huge crowd. The noise also attracts a crowd.

Pizz, use Gamefly. It has saved me almost a grand in games I would have purchased, if I had not rented. And this includes my monthly rental fee. I have rented 17 games in almost 10 months.