Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medal of Shit

United States

Medal of Shit

I mean Medal of honor...

All I have to say is way to Disappoint everyone EA....

Graphics Suck...

Campain super short and easy(played it on hard).

Multiplayer is a whole other bag of shit. Black Ops is going to shove this game under the rug next month. By December...People are going to not even remember how they wasted their money in October.

United States
    FPS games just don't do it for me anymore. same old tired shit, except now they put it into a modern setting instead of WWII. MoH was basically BC2 with a bit of MW2 thrown in there from what i've seen/read. no thanks, EA.

black ops looks like more of the same, in my opinion. the additions of customization and the ability to capture film clips is about 3 games too late for the CoD franchise. other things that drive me bonkers about the CoD games are the number of bugs, glitches, and juvenile trash-talking 10 year-olds that make up the community. fuck all that noise, i'm skipping that one, too.

seriously, FPS games are fucking done-to-death these days.

Administrator

England
    Yeah ive dodged this one too, back in the good ole playstation PSX days, medal of honour was the shit, i loved that game.. but its just aged badly, declined over the years and been far surpassed by call of duty.

England
    I dont even get excited over the CoD games anymore, the plots got ridiculous in SP mode & the whole thing became about it just being a multiplayer frag fest, which was always quietly beaten by the "battlefield" games. Its a shame this Medal of Honor has turned out a bit crap, because I was hoping it would knock CoD down a peg or two. Anyway I'll stick to Arma 2 & its many add ons, its far more realistic than CoD & MoH could ever hope to be & isnt on rails either

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    THEY ARE ALL THE GODDAMN SAME. KILLL FOREIGNERS FOR FUN AND PROFIT: THE GENRE.

Bloody hell fire...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    THEY ARE ALL THE GODDAMN SAME. KILLL FOREIGNERS FOR FUN AND PROFIT: THE GENRE.

Bloody hell fire...

Whats sad about that picture is Medal of Honor doesn't look so bad there...until you put it in your console.

lol You guys better watch it. Sounds like you've it a wall when it comes to games. Is age a factor?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Whats sad about that picture is Medal of Honor doesn't look so bad there...until you put it in your console.

lol You guys better watch it. Sounds like you've it a wall when it comes to games. Is age a factor?
    It's a lack of original ideas factor. I haven't enjoyed a war themed shooter since maybe call of duty 2 and that was a launch title. It's too samey, you fight through a series of areas to either a stand off where you die 'heroically' or you run from an explosion. Plus personally as i got older and wiser the idea of playing a game where the only goal is to murder human beings, real or not, just didn't sit right with me as entertainment. But then i know people who don't play left 4 dead because they dont like zombies and "dont feel the need to further demonize humanity" so thats more a subjective thing. Personally i prefer the fantasy or sci-fi to the real world shooting or combat just because i dont like the idea of being told "these are the enemy. murder them." ad naeuseum.

but until we get more stuff like time splitters, resistance or even the meathead bright and shiney fest that is halo we are only going to get the same type of shooter when there is a lot more that can be done for the genre. for one thing it doesnt always have to be about war, or set in the middle east. Case in points one level of timesplitters two set in 30's chicago involving the mob. Again thats the whole killing people thing which i wouldnt be too bothered about without the "america, fuck yeah, die ragheads" mentality and super patriotism of games like modern warfare and its ilke but it would just be a change of pace.

It's probably why bioshock infinite has me infinitely more excited for its release than the next "killing people in the desert: proud guy mens of true war 17".

United States
    Growing up on Soldier of Fortune I and II and Counter Strike, I'll always have a soft spot for high-paced, competitive military FPS games. It's in my blood. I'll probably never tire of the stuff. That said, Battlefield is the only series I still keep up with.

I really dislike how CoD brought perks/additions into the mix that affect how the game plays online, and it seems like a staple in so many games nowadays. The guys at Bungie have the right idea with Reach; you can spend credits on a multitude of things, but they're all cosmetic and have no effect on gameplay. It keeps the playing field balanced so that even newbies can join in months later and not feel overwhelmed.

How's that Legendary run going, hells?
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 18-Oct-2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: z

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    How's that Legendary run going, hells?
    one level to go, so far the supercarriers is the hardest point and its gets easier form there. course i stay back and snipe everything so

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Sounds like you've it a wall when it comes to games. Is age a factor?
    i'm not going to come off as anti-american and self-righteous as hellsing, but i will agree about the relevance of the pic he posted and how uninspired and moronic most FPS release these days are....i'm uncertain as to whether it's an age factor or the fact that the gaming industry has hit the wall...probably the latter. today's games just aren't that fun, if you ask me, very little innovation...plus, i don't always have the desire to sit in front of the tube for six or seven hours getting fat and lazy.

i've actually been having a great time with the nintendo wii since i got it, both with the current wii games as well as digging up some of the old classics on the VC like zombies ate my neighbors, a link to the past, ocarina of time, the castlevania games, river city ransom, etc... now if only they'd bring this gem back to life:

Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 18-Oct-2010 at 02:36 AM. Reason: fuck yourself, edit box

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i'm not going to come off as anti-american and self-righteous as hellsing,
    i assume you are talking about Again thats the whole killing people thing which i wouldnt be too bothered about without the "america, fuck yeah, die ragheads" mentality and super patriotism of games like modern warfare and its ilke but it would just be a change of pace. and either you are confusing the fiction of a videogame with reality and assuming it was some ciritiscim of america, possibly of the iraq war, or you did not have the insight to get that i meant modern warfares well known obvious pandering using and abusing of american patriotism to garner a positive response and influence the way you think as you play and upon later reflections about the game itself.

Either way thumbs up i am very impressed.

United States
    initially, i think it was the "KILL FOREIGNERS FOR FUN AND PROFIT" remark....you don't always come off as clear as you think you do, let me put it that way. i probably don't either so i'm going to dismiss the smarmy comment you finished with.

if i've offended you appy-polly-logies.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 18-Oct-2010 at 03:32 AM. Reason: clarity is a good thing

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    It's a lack of original ideas factor. I haven't enjoyed a war themed shooter since maybe call of duty 2 and that was a launch title. It's too samey, you fight through a series of areas to either a stand off where you die 'heroically' or you run from an explosion.
    This makes me laugh.... You just explained Reach to a T.

I know you went on to say your prefer scifi but your explanation fits most shooters scifi or no.

I really don't get this retreaded sentiment that the game industry has some how run out of steam and defense of the good old days... The top 50 games sold last year only 8 of em were fps's...7 of them were Mario related games... So much for Nintendo. Nintendo currently and has since time in memoriam leaned on a small stable of titles and continuously churned out sequels and spin-off... This is nothing new in gaming.

It's is more then possible that personal bias is causing some to notice these titles more often then the music/fitness/rpg/mmorpg/jrpg/racing/basketball/boxing/fighting/action/platformer/stealth/etc/etc games that come out every year... In reality every generation of consoles spawn more genre/sub genre's and widens the pool of games out there.

Going back to examine the supposed variety of the 8-bit era is not as good as memory serves... Nostalgia is powerful.

One other thing that gets me is the photo from cracked is anecdotal and amusing but it seems to off offhandedly dismiss games as being all presentation and graphics... Which most gamers do not agree with such a sentiment.

Gaming also include story and you know...Actual game play. If it was all looks then every shooter would sell as well as the next... Not so obviously.

p.s. Not necessarily all of this pertains to you Hellsiing.
    Last edited by CooperWasRight; 18-Oct-2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: ...
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

United States
    must be awesome living in a world in which your opinion is the only one that is correct.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 18-Oct-2010 at 06:28 AM. Reason: some people drink pepsi, some people drink coke....

Canada
    I personally cannot wait until someone creates a game where you play as a Former pastry chef, turned ice biologist, that has to figure out why the worlds supply of ice is disappearing. You only have your wits, and skills from both jobs to guide you through this harrowing third person mystery title, that takes you from the coldest reaches of Antarctica, to the sweatiest parts of Ecuador.