Thread: 25th Anniversary Day of the Dead Blu Ray

United States

25th Anniversary Day of the Dead Blu Ray

Hey

I ordered the "Region Free" Blu Ray 2-Disc 25th Anniversary set from Amazon.uk.

I have this to say about it:

1. Love the Bub Comic that comes with it
    2. Love the Booklet
    3. Love the Poster
    4. Love the 4 new Covers
    5. Love all the new Special Features and Extras on both discs

6. Do NOT love that Disc 2 was NOT region-free and I had to use my computer to view it.
    7. Do NOT love the actual transfer of the movie on the BD. The Anchor Bay BD has much clearer picture and better sound. The only advantage the 25th BD has is a whopping 2 lines are the originals, not dubbed over. The lines are "shit" and "jesus christ" respectively

So, I ended up ripping the DVD and putting the contents on a USB thumbdrive so I could watch them on my TV, and packing the actual DVD away. I then put my Anchor Bay BD in the 25th Anniversary box, along with the new one. So, when I want special features, I'll use the 25th version, and when I want to actually watch the movie, I'll watch the Anchor Bay version, both in one box with the thumb-drive tucked neatly up top.

Now, all I need is an uncut Dawn on BD, preferably by Anchor Bay.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The only advantage the 25th BD has is a whopping 2 lines are the originals, not dubbed over. The lines are "shit" and "jesus christ" respectively
    I hate it when they do pointless stuff like that
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I hate it when they do pointless stuff like that
    I know... and with all the other profanity in that movie, THAT is what they dub over for the US release?