Thread: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

Administrator

England

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKrLqS1lh3s

Looks like dead rising 2 is being remade...

The entire game is a "What If?" scenero where Frank West covered the Fortune City outbreak, instead of Chuck Greene.

After surviving the outbreak that occurred in Dead Rising, Frank West quickly became a bit of a celebrity. After authoring a successful book, he is given his own talk show, but soon wastes his opportunities and money as his fifteen minutes of fame expire. In hopes to regain a place in the spotlight, he accepts an offer from Tyrone King to appear as a special guest on Terror is Reality.

At the beginning of the event, West, wearing a wrestling outfit, is lifted via platform to the center of a ring surrounded by a chain-link fence. Joining him in the ring is a group of zombies in which he must defeat as many as possible within a certain time limit. Upon winning the event, West feels that he has lost his dignity and decides to take his prize money and get out of town. As he is leaving, he overhears TK and Brandon Whittaker discussing plans. With his trusty camera around his neck, West watches from a nearby scaffolding as men exchange mysterious packages.

When West is caught eavesdropping, the men attack him. He fights them off, but soon the zombies get loose, beginning the infection of Fortune City and forcing West to once again fight for his life.

United States
    man i feel sorry for all the schmucks that bought the "collector's edition" of DR2....

and fuck capcom, i'm sitting this one out. maybe if they'd just done this from the start it'd be cool, but i'm not falling for this bullshit.

capcom just killed my interest in the DR series altogether with this.

United States
    I'll buy it when it hits $20, which shouldn't be too long after launch.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    man i feel sorry for all the schmucks that bought the "collector's edition" of DR2....

and fuck capcom, i'm sitting this one out. maybe if they'd just done this from the start it'd be cool, but i'm not falling for this bullshit.

capcom just killed my interest in the DR series altogether with this.
    Did chuck green rape your mum or something?

Seriously man what's with this unexplained hatred of DR2?

United States
    I actually liked DR2 better than the original. Way less frustrating bits, way more zombie carnage and a slightly more interesting story = a winner in my book.

Administrator

England
    Im glad im not the only one that enjoyed DR2 coin

You still playing it?

Super Moderator

UK
    I enjoyed DR2, and felt that it improved the DR franchise in various ways. However I'm not one for this DLC bullshit, so I won't even be anywhere near this particular release anyway.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    What's wrong with Dead Rising 2? it improved on the original in every possible way, throw Frank West in and we have one awesome game!
    Throw in motion controls with Move (PS3), Kinect (360) and M+ (Stream) and bobs your uncle!

Undisclosed
    Hey there is a 1/2 off sale for DR2 DLC. For XBL gold members and I believe it is a weekly sale. I am going get Case West.

United States
    For 400 points, I'll probably be picking up CW as well.

United States
    well, i've got a 10-dollar credit at a place that has a used copy of the is game for 17 bucks. so if it's still there, i guess i'm gonna swallow my words and check this one out...never really hated the DR games (aside from the shitty online achievements in DR2), but more capcom for pulling their usual money-grubbing bullshit. oh well, getting it used means they don't get theirs, so why not?

United States
    Bumping this thread since DR2: Off The Record went up on Xbox Games on Demand service for $19.99/1600MSP, a pretty good deal I think for a digital version.

After playing for a few hours, I believe this is the game DR2 should have been. Frank is such a better character.