Thread: The Sitter

United States

The Sitter

Looked for a thread on this, didn't find one...
    Saw this today. If I'd listened to the critics on this, I'd have missed out.
    I figured that since I loved Your Highness, and they trashed it as well, I'd be down for this one. They claimed it followed the babysitter format blah blah blah...
    Except he was a pretty evil babysitter for one thing. Sure, he find out about hisself and becomes a somewhat better person, but I don't recall seeing much of what went down happening elsewheres in the past.
    We laughed our asses off the whole time, though sadly we were the only ones there. I love the director, David Gordon Green, even before he tried his hand in comedy with Pineapple Express. His stuff before it is pretty grim.
    The cast, especially Sam Rockwell, were awesome. The kids he babysat were hilarious, too, especially the El Salvadorean adopted firebug. That kid stole the show everytime they gave him a chance.
    I would definitely recommend this. There were more than just yucks here, they touched on a few, uhhhh... touchy subjects like infidelity and its effects on kids, and young teen homosexuality, among others. However, like Your Highness, this'll probably fall on deaf ears once again. I liked it, though, and that's all that matters.
    Anybody else catch it yet, or plan to?

Super Moderator

UK
    I really enjoyed Pineapple Express, but I've not even seen Your Highness yet ... I will do when it eventually turns up on Sky Movies ... and as for The Sitter, meh, same again for me - wait for Sky Movies.