Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just treated myself to an android tablet

Administrator

England
    ^^ Just a shame the 10" version is so expensive!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    True. I would've got a 10", but the price... no thanks. If I'm going to spend $400+ on something, it's gonna be a netbook (or a hooker!) or something. I won't spend that kind of scratch for a "tablet" - Bacon? Maybe. If fact, yeah, probably. But a tablet? no!

The price will come down on them eventually. Probably when they introduce the "new & improved Google 20 inch tablet for $699!" or after they sell a few billion of the 10 inch units.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    There's a quad core version of the tablet I've just bought coming out early next year. Also has a retina display. No pricing yet though.

http://en.ployer.cn/mid_detail.php?id=26
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    I just picked up this keyboard for my nexus 7: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

It's really nice, and it's a Logitech to boot (I like me some logitech hardware). It comes with a stand to put your tablet on (which doubles as a carrying case for the keyboard when not in use) and it's a wireless/bluetooth kb to boot so it'll work with most tablets that support BT. It gets from me.