Thread: David Beckham gets annoyed...

Administrator

England

David Beckham gets annoyed...

Annoyed at the time wasting, Beckham kicks a (amazing) ball at the injured player. Look how quick the ‘injured’ guy gets up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG8f5vv64v0
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I absolutely hate football, but good on Beckham I say - I detest all that poncing about many of these players do when they pretend to be injured, what a f*cking joke they are - the very fact that, on camera as clear as day, the 'injured player' gets up with no problem at all and starts mouthing off proves he was bullshitting - surely the 'injured player' should get a red card for being a twat?

United States
    That's pretty funny.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I absolutely hate football, but good on Beckham I say - I detest all that poncing about many of these players do when they pretend to be injured, what a f*cking joke they are - the very fact that, on camera as clear as day, the 'injured player' gets up with no problem at all and starts mouthing off proves he was bullshitting - surely the 'injured player' should get a red card for being a twat?
    You mean stuff like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEDmCdrd7zg

#9 #6 & #2 are epic!

What gets me is they act to actually get other players sent off... and it works. And although everyone can see (even after the match) what they've done, there's no come back on them? They should be suspended for a few games etc. ie: How could they get away with #6 & #2 above!??!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

#9 #6 & #2 are epic!

What gets me is they act to actually get other players sent off... and it works. And although everyone can see (even after the match) what they've done, there's no come back on them? They should be suspended for a few games etc. ie: How could they get away with #6 & #2 above!??!
    Aye - utter nonsense from these prats - and you'd think with all this instant video playback, they'd be able to relay some reality to the referee to knock this shit off (and not just in Football, but numerous other sports), but then in Football, where it doesn't matter how continually inept England are at winning anything because they'll still get paid megabucks, it's hardly surprising.

Ireland
    Beckham was always an overrated poster boy, but he's correct here. It annoys the crap out of me, all this farting about on the pitch pretending to be injured. Cards should be issued for that. It'll soon stamp it out.

-- -------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

#9 #6 & #2 are epic!

Hang on...no Ronaldo? King of the dive bombers.

Made by a fuckin Utd fan that.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i absolutely LOVE football, esp. the Premier league, which i follow religiously - hell, i even know how to pronounce the word "derby" correctly . that is some funny shit from Beckham. too bad he's moved on to the old folks home known as MLS.

thing i have always wanted a straight answer from the FA about (granted the FA is not known for straight answers) is why Beckham stopped being selected for England after he moved to spain. probably some petty shit. the dude can still play and could've given England a good 60 mins or so, or even come in as a sub at about the 60th minute or so. he could've been useful and he could have addressed one of England's key weakness: aside from Gerrard, their midfield has about as much imagination as a box of hand rubbed rocks. fookin' Gareth Barry and James Milner make me want to beat my head into a wall.

oh and i think the single greatest and funniest thing ever in sports is when Eric Cantona when into the stands after that crystal palace fan.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much." greatest quote ever given to the media.
    Last edited by Mike70; 06-Jul-2012 at 01:53 AM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."